Muhammad Usman vs Abdul Raheem - All Pakistan Master's Cup 2019

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
Not to be rude, but this is a much lower level than I expected for the top 32 of any country, especially one of Pakistan's size. Is it a small sport in Pakistan, with low participation? Lack of funding? Are the players in this video only top 32, or would they also be top 16,8,4, etc? I'd be curious to know a little more.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2015
Totally understandable and I agree with what you're saying.

Abdul Raheem, the one in the white shirt was the runner-up in this tournament. Make of that what you will

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
Thanks for sharing. I didn't know much about the state of TT in Pakistan, or the Middle East really.

Reactions: Muhammad Saim
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2015
Is it a small sport in Pakistan, with low participation? Lack of funding?.

Yes a relatively small sport. Although there are many clubs around the country. Most of them are not up to standard.

Finding a High level coach is very very difficult. Although equipment is not that expense here. There are not a lot of players in Pakistan, which is mostly due to the lack of funding in the sport. Only a couple of our players have sponsorship deals.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019
How in the world did Abdul Raheem get away with wearing that shirt in a sanctioned tournament? It's half white.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
Yes a relatively small sport. Although there are many clubs around the country. Most of them are not up to standard.

Finding a High level coach is very very difficult. Although equipment is not that expense here. There are not a lot of players in Pakistan, which is mostly due to the lack of funding in the sport. Only a couple of our players have sponsorship deals.

Yes, a lack of coaches makes it difficult, even if there is interest. Some countries can survive without federal funding, but because some coaches open up establishments and grow clubs at a grassroots level, there is enough interest and continuity across generations. Without that, it must be very difficult.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2015
Yes, a lack of coaches makes it difficult, even if there is interest. Some countries can survive without federal funding, but because some coaches open up establishments and grow clubs at a grassroots level, there is enough interest and continuity across generations. Without that, it must be very difficult.
It is brother! Most of our national team members are self taught and go up to provincial level without coaches. Even in international matches, other senior players are in the coaches seat.

Also you can evaluate the interest of the youth as Pakistan number 1 is around 55 years old

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews

It's dead circle of lack of funding. One get poor results because there is lack of funding. Government (or any other governing party) will not fund anything that does not yield measurable results.

There is one good catch though. In most of countries you can get funding by not specifying sport results as funding goal but improving society physical and mental health. We have such project starting soon Cracow (Corona did mess it up a bit though), city funded a place to train and a coach to teach basics (the only requirement is that beneficiary must be citizen of Cracow in our case). I wanted to mention it because it may inspire someone somewhere somewhen to take similar actions to spread TT love.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
The Pakistani #2 once came to train in the US and he was around 2200-2350. One of my very best friends is from Pakistan and said that Qureshi is their #1, 55 year old who kinda plays Seemiller but with his own take on it.

It is just a remind that Chinese coaching hasn't permeated the whole world. I am sure if they had a Chinese coach and funding, they could easily raise their national level.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2015
We have such project starting soon Cracow (Corona did mess it up a bit though), city funded a place to train and a coach to teach basics (the only requirement is that beneficiary must be citizen of Cracow in our case). I wanted to mention it because it may inspire someone somewhere somewhen to take similar actions to spread TT love.

Wow. This is a very good thing that you guys are doing. Props to you.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2015
The Pakistani #2 once came to train in the US and he was around 2200-2350. One of my very best friends is from Pakistan and said that Qureshi is their #1, 55 year old who kinda plays Seemiller but with his own take on it.

It is just a remind that Chinese coaching hasn't permeated the whole world. I am sure if they had a Chinese coach and funding, they could easily raise their national level.

Do you remember the #2's name? Was it Rameez or Shah Khan?

Anyways, you are absolutely right. Any coach and funding will most likely significantly raise our national level.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2015
Also to all of you giving commentary on the match and players, I would like your opnions on more matches players whose matches I have uploaded on my channel.

Should I post the links are or create separate threads for the matches?

Thanks in Advance!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Yes I'm sure it would be because he was number 2 for a few years

Yeah. My friend back then used it to explain to me how bad the state of TT was in Pakistan. Such things are clearly not immutable. You just need someone to bring in the right level. Saudi Arabia is developing some really strong players. And for me anyone who plays in that top 200 strength or easily USATT 2600+ strength is strong .

Last edited: