Fast 7-ply Allwood Blade

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2020
Hi,
I wanted to get a 7-ply Allwood offensive blade and I got flustered with all the options in the market today. with that said I wanted to come up with a shortlist to serve as a starting point in deciding what to get. Budget is not a problem I am willing to spend some money provided that what am getting is of good quality. I am an offensive player attacking from both sides. I am more of a mid-distance Looper. I will be using Kokutaku 007 Pro H39 on my forehand as I am accustomed to tacky FH rubbers. I will use a Xiom Omega 5 Tour in the backhand. Could you please recommend something.

Thank You.

says + Drinkhall Powerspin Carbon with Aurus Prime and Omega...
says + Drinkhall Powerspin Carbon with Aurus Prime and Omega...
Aug 2017
Read 4 reviews
Below is the list of top-quality fast 7-ply all wood blades:

1 - DHS Long 3 / N506 (National Version)
2 - Butterfly A. Mazunov
3 - Butterfly Korbel SK7
4 - Stiga Nostalgic VII
5 - Avalox P700
6 - Stiga Ebenholz VII
7 - Victas Koki Niwa Wood
8 - Nittaku Ludeak Power
9 - Stiga Clipper CC
10 - Andro Wanokiwami Ren Off
11 - Butterfly Hadraw SK
12 - Mizuno Fortius FT

Personally, I would recommend you to buy any of the below and the list falls under the category of "can't go wrong". Keep in mind that if you need a solid crisp feeling, the blade you select must weight 90g and above.

DHS Long 2 or Long 3 or National N506 - the best
Butterfly Korbel SK7 / Hadraw SK
Mizuno Fortius FT
Stiga Clipper CC
Avalox P700

Some of the blades in the above list are a bit difficult to find.

Good Luck.

Cheers

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6010 using Tapatalk

As you're from Austria, treat yourself with a custom made Clipper-like blade with "Sägefurniere" instead of blade cut veneers glued with hide glue from Thomas. You even can choose if you want the same structure from the early Clipper days or the newer and thicker one.
Hanno Masterpiece FF is also something I would like to try. (Maybe for me the MF-Version)
PM me if you want.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
As you're from Austria, treat yourself with a custom made Clipper-like blade with "Sägefurniere" instead of blade cut veneers glued with hide glue from Thomas. You even can choose if you want the same structure from the early Clipper days or the newer and thicker one.
Hanno Masterpiece FF is also something I would like to try. (Maybe for me the MF-Version)
PM me if you want.

The guy is already inundated with options and you recommend him custom made??

Stop reading reviews. Look for a 6.7mm limba-ayous blade from ANY manufacturer. The mainstream ones are pretty much identical. Then base your decision on the handle shape you like.

Stiga: Clipper
Tibhar: Samsonov Force Pro Black
Butterfly: Korbel SK7
Andro: Timber 7 OFF/S or CS7 Tour
Joola: Viva
Adidas: Challenge Speed/Strike wood

Andro and Tibhar handles tend to be nice and beefy, Adidas not far behind, Stiga's tend to be narrower (in general), the rest are in between.

Cheers.

Reactions: splasher78
This user has no status.
Below is the list of top-quality fast 7-ply all wood blades:

1 - DHS Long 3 / N506 (National Version)
2 - Butterfly A. Mazunov
3 - Butterfly Korbel SK7
4 - Stiga Nostalgic VII
5 - Avalox P700
6 - Stiga Ebenholz VII
7 - Victas Koki Niwa Wood
8 - Nittaku Ludeak Power
9 - Stiga Clipper CC
10 - Andro Wanokiwami Ren Off
11 - Butterfly Hadraw SK
12 - Mizuno Fortius FT

Personally, I would recommend you to buy any of the below and the list falls under the category of "can't go wrong". Keep in mind that if you need a solid crisp feeling, the blade you select must weight 90g and above.

DHS Long 2 or Long 3 or National N506 - the best
Butterfly Korbel SK7 / Hadraw SK
Mizuno Fortius FT
Stiga Clipper CC
Avalox P700

Some of the blades in the above list are a bit difficult to find.

Good Luck.

Cheers

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6010 using Tapatalk

I Got it one of recommend list.
(Avalox P700)
Avalox P700_1.JPGAvalox P700_2.JPG

Reactions: splasher78
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Given OP's choice of rubbers, something a little thicker and solid may narrow down the universe a bit. That ought to be the center of mass. A very flexy blade would not work so well with those rubbers methinks. I put rubbers like that on a W6 and it is crazy bad.

Either way, an effective approach to equipment selection is to define what the player's center of mass for appropriate should be... then go from there.

A small deviance when going for center of mass will still produce an effective choice in most instances.

This is another way to say "Don't sweat the exact blade, get one that is from the right classification you define"

It is so easy to over-analyze and sometimes you have to try it yourself.

I like lasta saying 6.7 mm which has a good chance to be decently thick/solid

If OP can still find one, the older 90g+ Nittaku Mono blade is right up the alley for his center of mass. It is only one of many of the class and sub class OP should target.

Edit: I see OP got a P700. Hope it is at least upper 80s g in weight.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews

That's no op, op has nick 40S&W, user who bought avalox has nickname nazarit, and nazarit != 40S&W.

When it comes to the list I would add Donic Dyjas Power and TSP Swat

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2020
I thank you all for the recommendations
so here is my shortlist based on your recommendations and on what is available on my current location. I decided to buy from shops and suppliers near me to narrow it down and international shipping is quite troublesome due to the COVID-19 Pandemic.

1.Stiga Clipper (Regular,CR,WRB, CR WRB,CC)
2.Stiga Nostalgic 7
3.Xiom Extreme S
4.Avalox P700
5.Tibhar Samsonov Force Pro Blue
6.Tibhar Samsonov Force Pro Black
7.Sanwei Fextra *heard good reviews about it so I put it in the list

This user has no status.
Given OP's choice of rubbers, something a little thicker and solid may narrow down the universe a bit. That ought to be the center of mass. A very flexy blade would not work so well with those rubbers methinks. I put rubbers like that on a W6 and it is crazy bad.

Either way, an effective approach to equipment selection is to define what the player's center of mass for appropriate should be... then go from there.

A small deviance when going for center of mass will still produce an effective choice in most instances.

This is another way to say "Don't sweat the exact blade, get one that is from the right classification you define"

It is so easy to over-analyze and sometimes you have to try it yourself.

I like lasta saying 6.7 mm which has a good chance to be decently thick/solid

If OP can still find one, the older 90g+ Nittaku Mono blade is right up the alley for his center of mass. It is only one of many of the class and sub class OP should target.

My Avalox P700 is 95 g :D

That's no op, op has nick 40S&W, user who bought avalox has nickname nazarit, and nazarit != 40S&W.

When it comes to the list I would add Donic Dyjas Power and TSP Swat

Thank you, for called me the right nickname.:)

This user has no status.
Hi,
I wanted to get a 7-ply Allwood offensive blade and I got flustered with all the options in the market today. with that said I wanted to come up with a shortlist to serve as a starting point in deciding what to get. Budget is not a problem I am willing to spend some money provided that what am getting is of good quality. I am an offensive player attacking from both sides. I am more of a mid-distance Looper. I will be using Kokutaku 007 Pro H39 on my forehand as I am accustomed to tacky FH rubbers. I will use a Xiom Omega 5 Tour in the backhand. Could you please recommend something.

Thank You.

If you have more budget, please try DHS hurricane 3 neo Provincial blue sponge (H39/2.1mm.) boosted on FH. It's excellent combination with limba outer-ply blade. I used to loop with Kokutaku 007 Pro H39. It's not good spin enough, 729 battle 2 provincial blue sponge maybe better.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2020
If you have more budget, please try DHS hurricane 3 neo Provincial blue sponge (H39/2.1mm.) boosted on FH. It's excellent combination with limba outer-ply blade. I used to loop with Kokutaku 007 Pro H39. It's not good spin enough, 729 battle 2 provincial blue sponge maybe better.

Is this the model you tried? kokutaku.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2020
Yes, this rubber has 2 version(mid-hard and hard). I tried mid-hard version.This rubber not hard enough for me to generated more speed and spin than DHS H3 neo provi BS(my normally FH rubber used with HL5).

I already got it in medium hard. I was supposed to buy the Xiom omega but we were put under lockdown. Will the Kokutaku be good for BH if heavily boosted?

This user has no status.
I already got it in medium hard. I was supposed to buy the Xiom omega but we were put under lockdown. Will the Kokutaku be good for BH if heavily boosted?
IMO it can use as BH rubber, but good or not, I don't know. BTW if you use it on BH, you will do active block, brush more and open more blade-angle because of the tackiness(passive might be got the net). Chinese player (Malong, Xuxin, etc.) also use Chinese rubber on BH too.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
Stiga Rosewood NCT VII.

Dandoy almost every month have the Master (flared, but not wide as the Legend) option on a promotion at very attractive price + free shipping.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2020
IMO it can use as BH rubber, but good or not, I don't know. BTW if you use it on BH, you will do active block, brush more and open more blade-angle because of the tackiness(passive might be got the net). Chinese player (Malong, Xuxin, etc.) also use Chinese rubber on BH too.

Ok Thanks. I agree that active brushing is a must when using chinese rubber on the backhand.