Common Blades All-Wood Blades in China

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
Clipper not all+ or off- range. It faster

If we are talking about old thin clipper then I don't really agree. If we were to go by "frequency measurement" than it's sometimes solid Off- or slower Off. I haven't had the opportunity to test new Clipper though. There are also bazillion versions of those. The Clipper had the pleasure using was a tiny bit slower. Off, Off-, All+ are just dumb levels. If you are talking about fast but not blazing fast all-wood blade, then older thinner Clipper is as good as it gets... Especially if another requirement is that the blade is used by Chinese professional players.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2017
Read 1 reviews
If we are talking about old thin clipper then I don't really agree. If we were to go by "frequency measurement" than it's sometimes solid Off- or slower Off. I haven't had the opportunity to test new Clipper though. There are also bazillion versions of those. The Clipper had the pleasure using was a tiny bit slower. Off, Off-, All+ are just dumb levels. If you are talking about fast but not blazing fast all-wood blade, then older thinner Clipper is as good as it gets... Especially if another requirement is that the blade is used by Chinese professional players.

OP asked about most common All-Wood Blades in China. You can say most common All-Wood blade in China is older thinner Clipper?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
OP asked about most common All-Wood Blades in China. You can say most common All-Wood blade in China is older thinner Clipper?

touché, but I would still stay with my statement that Clipper is not super fast (for me Off-) blade that "which the Player could use until the End of his Career".

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
In the 3 years I spent in China, I've never seen anyone use All+/Off- blades outside of choppers and beginners.

The vast majority use Off+ composites. Of the few all-wood users, Clipper CR is by far the most common.

A few newer club mates started with Korbel/Stiga OC, but they usually moved on to Viscaria/Clipper within a year.

Reactions: Kuba Hajto
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Yes, it does dull the feeling. Reason why I never liked it. But doesn't stop it from being very popular...

Don't have a big sample to draw on, but yes, I've seen 10-12 year olds play with Clipper CR.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2013
15 years ago I was in China for my first table tennis lessons. My coach and his teamates played with Stiga (some used Clipper, some Offensive Classic).
Nowadays almost everyone uses carbon blades in China at provincial level.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2020
Yes, it does dull the feeling. Reason why I never liked it. But doesn't stop it from being very popular...

Don't have a big sample to draw on, but yes, I've seen 10-12 year olds play with Clipper CR.

Among the Stiga Clipper models which one is the fastest? and is there a reason why the Clipper CR is most favored among the other models in the clipper line?

Thanks

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Among the Stiga Clipper models which one is the fastest? and is there a reason why the Clipper CR is most favored among the other models in the clipper line?

Thanks

Clipper CR is the fastest and usually around or even above 7mm. Clipper CC and Wood are only around 6.5-6.7mm.

Why popular? Brand recognition I guess. Although, personally, I couldn't care less about the brand. Composition-thickness-weight-shape are more important, every brand makes something similar.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2020
Clipper CR is the fastest and usually around or even above 7mm. Clipper CC and Wood are only around 6.5-6.7mm.

Why popular? Brand recognition I guess. Although, personally, I couldn't care less about the brand. Composition-thickness-weight-shape are more important, every brand makes something similar.

Is the Clipper CR (considering that they are in the 7mm thickness) still a looping blade? or is it much more of a hitting blade? Does it have enough flex to use effectively a boosted DHS H3 Provincial in lets say 40 degrees? I am sorry for asking alot of questions it's because I haven't tried a blade that is in the 7mm range. the thickest one I have tried are about 6.2mm and it is a clipper clone.

Thanks