Camera for recording matches?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 3 reviews
Use a rejected smart phone. Most any smart phone made within the last 5 yrs has a good enough camera. A tripod adapter can be had for $5 USD and a tripod for not much more than that.
The Xiaomi entry level mobile which I have currently isn't the best, but I will try it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2015
Read 8 reviews
Depends what your purpose of recording them are.
If you simply want to record and watch where you or your teammates made mistakes, a low end smart phone will do. My phone is 3 yrs old, and it does the trick.
If you want to record and select highlights to post as a highlight video, maybe a newer phone will be better for that purpose.

Reactions: ajtatosmano2
I'm using my tablet but my goal is to review my technique directly after I have played some balls. I've read somewhere that you should record 30 secs and then watch it immediately to get the most out of it for technique training.
Tablet is just better to watch the footage directly after.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
Make sure that you carry a spare battery for the phone. Also 4K is not really needed and 4k needs a really powerful pc for editing.
Don't agree... It really depends on the use case. If you just want to record and do nothing with it, then 1080p is fine. If you want to do some light editing 4k might be beneficial, but I would say that getting high framerate is more beneficial since the ball is moving fast and in garbage quality, it's sometimes hard to see. There is no need for over analyzing though. Ask teammates who have best camera phone. Record a few points with different settings (1080p 60fps, 4k30fps, 1080p120fps if you have a nice phone) and find out which is the best for you. If you don't do anything special than even older pcs will chew through the footage, even my phone can handle it...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
1080p at 60 FPS is good. It is also good if the camera generates an .mp4 file but standard formats are OK. The cameras don’t compress the video well if that is a concern. I have A Go Pro but using a iPad is easier if you get the iPad holder and stand. Go Pro distort the image with out a special lens.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2020
I'll choose camera with 1080p at 60 FPS. And it iwll be good to recieve files in .mp4 format. It's better to work with such formats. It will be enough I think.