Spinniest Setup

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
Hey y’all I was wondering what you guys think would be the best setup for the maximum amount of spin. If you could include why too that’d be great!

Endless options. But usually, thinner flexier blades with tacky rubber is a good combination for spin. I know you asked about setup. Without going off on the subject, nothing is “spinnier” than good technique. That’s mainly where the spin is generated from your body as a whole unit moving in unison.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

says Visited my own profile, woop woop. ;)
Nov 2014
Read 6 reviews
Well again, technique as everyone said... but apart from a perfect technique there's still a lot of options..
And it would be speculative either way, since you never know if there's a more spiny blade or rubber out there.
Out of all the blades I've used, I have never been able to generate as much spin as I do with my current Xvt ZLC Hinoki (which is a butterfly Amultart clone... slightly slower and more control) with MX-P on fh. Although MX-P is very spinny, it's probably not the spinniest out there..Within Tibhar I'm sure Evolution MX-S would top it, just the feeling of that rubber is a bit different. And Tenergy 05 also, arguably.

Also, I rarely played with tacky sheets Like DHS Hurricane 8, which might be even spinier than all other grippy sheets. Due to that, I'll stick to speculating on non-sticky rubbers mostly.

I'll list some blades and rubbers that speculatively might be competitors.

Blades: (is really tricky, but from my experience, I think Hinoki might arguably be the spiniest wood out there, I've tried the loop king: Galaxy w6 which is a VERY spinny limba-ayous blade with HIGH flex (which might be an even bigger spin beast paired up with a tacky chinese rubber like Yogi said; Hurricane 8 perhaps), but both my current blade, and Nittaku Miyabi tops that spin with "normal" grippy rubbers like MX-P)

Blades:
Off: XVT ZLC Hinoki, Darker Speed 90
all: butterfly Jonyer,
An extra note: I have tried Treiber Z+Fo+fi which are fairly spinny and also hinoki, but their hinoki top ply is far thinner, and for the blade to be "the most" spinny, the hinoki has to be at least fairly thick.

Rubbers:
Tibhar Evolution MX-S, Tenergy 05, xiom omega v tour, Donic Bluegrip R1.
yarayarayara https://revspin.net/top-rubber/spin-desc.html (nice reference point, but don't take it on face value without comparing)

Do note that: Not all rubbers go well with any blade,
example wise: tacky rubbers will usually not go well with hinoki top plies.
So while I said Hinoki was beast for grippy rubbers, I wouldn't recommend pairing them up with tacky rubbers for "max spin". The spin generated with tacky rubbers are more on the top sheets, while grippy rubbers also rely on the sink in features of the blade more. And that's where the hinoki wood might come out on top.

Now you just need a science team, get a number of mentioned equipment in the target zone, do tacky vs grippy, and measure each rubber against each other on different types of blades , get a player with a stable technique and a tool to measure spin rotation of the ball. Then have him/her do the shots for a number of times to measure the average on each blade (+ add in the highest spin ratio achieved on each blade)
and theeen. You can conclude. which has the highest spin possibilities and highest average based on your observations
BOOM. Best of luck.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Yeah. As Kaizoku said, Hinoki, as a wood seems to grab the ball harder than any other wood so it lets you generate more spin than other woods.

And the Butterfly Jonyer H blade that he mentions, and the old Butterfly Klampar H, (they are almost the same) are thin 5 ply all Hinoki blades. Those are the spinniest blades I have ever felt. That with T05 is pretty amazing. A lot of people would say that setup would be slow for the 40+ ball. But man it feels good to spin with that combination.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Oct 2016
Read 5 reviews
Yes Jonyer plus tenergy is the spinniest setup, maybe
Jonyer plus hurricane 3 + 3layers Old speedglue+ booster will be Spinnier but illegal too
Very Easy to spin with Jonyer but its Harder to control when you play longer shots.
For longer distance shots maybe hinoki carbon kiri
I remember setup like andro csv carbon off++ and Vega pro and ball was slippin on table like in Old celluloid ball.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
Do you know where I can find a jonyer blade? It seems to be discontinued and I’m having trouble finding one. If you can’t find one what would be a good replacement?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Do you know where I can find a jonyer blade? It seems to be discontinued and I’m having trouble finding one. If you can’t find one what would be a good replacement?

Yes, I do think Butterfly stopped making the old Jonyer-H blade years ago.

You might just think of getting any all Hinoki blade whether 5 or 7 ply. Try to get one that is not too fast.

The old Jonyer blade though, it would probably be a little too slow for most people in today's game. So it is likely you don't actually want that. Any good quality Hinoki blade would do.

Look for this:

Darker 7p-2a

That blade should be good. Not the 7p-2a.7t though. The one with 7t at the end is crazy fast. Too fast for most.

Nov 2014
Read 6 reviews
You can get darker here for 82 gbp
https://www.tabletennis11.com/other_eng/darker-hinoki-7p-2a

If it's on the expensive side, you could consider trying XVT Hinoki ZL Carbon, the price for this jewel is ridiculous. 37usd https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32629533477.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.8d444c4dih6Evo (I bought it here twice, I do recommend asking for the most lightweight version of the blade that they have, if you do order, the heavier once are perhaps.. a bit too heavy imho)
Despite being a ZLC blade (hinoki with composite) it feels very woody and the dwell time is huge (spin-factor)

Otherwise, I did some research on 5 ply hinoki blades (without composite, eg. same as Butterfly jonyer'ish), and found out that Galaxy/Yinhe has one
Yinhe Kiso Hinoki V(5) (where they also have a 7 ply and 9 ply version)
You can get it here, by choosing the one saying; color: Kiso 5 long handle
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32972546284.html 59 usd

Good luck, and do update us when you got your blade :D

Last edited:
Reactions: UpSideDownCarl