Back to Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 6 16
    B
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 16 6
    Quote Originally Posted by Kolev
    I didn't do a very through search, but I cant manage to find who is selling the Infinity robot here in Europe. Help please

Currently it is in pre-production only. Available on their indiegogo page. They haven’t actually shipped out any units yet.They’re supposed to be shipping the first run(already sold out) in June. A second run is supposed to ship in September.https://igg.me/at/R6DT-0vTRHA/x#/

Last edited by boltnut; 05-10-2021 at 09:10 AM.

This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 77 230
    K
    This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 230 77
    Thanks a lot Boltnut. Do you think we can trust them? I didn't pay attention but is there a Paypal option?

This user has no status.

TTD Member 6 16
    B
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 16 6

I don't think you can use PayPal. Trust them? They are a well established company. I know they were in business at least 30 years ago.
    I think they'll come through with delivery eventually. The question is when. I've pretty much made up my mind to go with the TenniRobo. The only thing holding me back is the absence of a catch net.

says TT-CLOWN, old git

Advanced TTD Member 186 486
    L
    says TT-CLOWN, old git

Advanced TTD Member 486 186

i was going to add a pic of the second hand net i bought for about 10 bucks but the web software hates me
    Last edited by lodro; 05-10-2021 at 11:00 PM. Reason: add picture

This user has no status.

K
    This user has no status.

I am not a business person, but I wonder how comes such a big company as Joola doesn't fund the production of this robot. I saw and thought of buying the Infinity last summer and since then they haven't advanced much with the project.

This user has no status.

TTD Member 6 16
    B
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 16 6
    Quote Originally Posted by lodro

i was going to add a pic of the second hand net i bought for about 10 bucks but the web software hates me

Yeah,I know I can just buy or build a net. I’m just procrastinating. I guess I’m still a little apprehensive about going with the Tennirobo vs just digging a little deeper in my pockets and getting a PowerPong.

This user has no status.

TTD Member 6 16
    B
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 16 6
    I am not a business person, but I wonder how comes such a big company as Joola doesn't fund the production of this robot. I saw and thought of buying the Infinity last summer and since then they haven't advanced much with the project.

It does seem odd. I don’t know if I could order one until we actually hear from someone who has received theirs.

The Following User Likes boltnut's Post:

lodro

says TT-CLOWN, old git

L
    says TT-CLOWN, old git

Quote Originally Posted by boltnut

Yeah,I know I can just buy or build a net. I’m just procrastinating. I guess I’m still a little apprehensive about going with the Tennirobo vs just digging a little deeper in my pockets and getting a PowerPong.

I think the guy i bought the tennirobe from, 2nd hand with only about 10 hours use, was buying the powerpong .
    If i remember correctly it had something to do with ""transportability of saved files"".
    As in : He would be able to take his DRILLS and play them at his mates place who also had the powerpong.

This might actually also possible with the tennirobo but i have not got anybody around here that has got one anyway.
    Also. with the tennirobo pretty much "what you see is what you get" and a plastic bucket filled with balls travels easily and sets up anywhere in seconds

This user has no status.

Established TTD Member 52 149
    This user has no status.

Established TTD Member 149 52
    Quote Originally Posted by boltnut

It does seem odd. I don’t know if I could order one until we actually hear from someone who has received theirs.

I've bought Infinity since last summer and I'm waiting this June -hopefully- to get it, after 3-4 missed deadlines by Joola.
    When someone of the buyers asked this exact question, the official answer was that they could fund it themselves, but they chose the crowdfunding method to gather ideas, feedback, comments etc from the users, during the production process.

This user has no status.

TTD Member 32 42
    M
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 42 32

User Info Menu

Nov 2016
    Australia
    Read 0 Reviews
    I have had the tennirobo for over 1 year. The customer service I have received has been excellent. The app has improved over time with free uploads.

You can set it up to do ANY type of shot including any type of serve.

I have owned several other types of robots including expensive high end ones and tennirobo has been the best by far. It can actually do double the spin level of a top pro.

For a bit of fun to show my coach when testing the max topspin level, it actually removed some paint from the table with new balls. It was just about impossible to return these balls even for nationally ranked players who tried.

I find after 150 balls or so I need a rest so I use a good ball picker upper to pick up the balls. So I find the lack of a catcher net not a real issue. It also allows placement of the machine in any position from the table. So I can place it 3 meters away and set it up for high lobs with sidespin. Its very portable and as I am a level one coach I use it in training.

You can also randomize the placement, spin level and interval between shots to get a more match realistic ball. I feel this is one of the most important feature of the tennirobo.

The Following 2 Users Like maurice101's Post:

Kolev and lodro

Last edited by maurice101; 05-11-2021 at 09:12 PM.

This user has no status.

K
    This user has no status.

The only thing which bothers me a bit is the fact that Sergey is so far and can't provide instant help if there is a mechanical failure, but actually I haven't heard yet of someone complaining.
    Apart from these worries this robot looks perfect

says TT-CLOWN, old git

L
    says TT-CLOWN, old git

The only thing which bothers me a bit is the fact that Sergey is so far and can't provide instant help if there is a mechanical failure, but actually I haven't heard yet of someone complaining.
    Apart from these worries this robot looks perfect

If you think Sergey is far away from you, who do you think will come and help you fix any other robo ?
    Will Joola send somebody from India or Butterfly somebody from Japan ??? 😁
    I live on the other side of the planet and have no problem communicating with Sergey and spare parts will take about 10 days to arrive from the Ukraine

This user has no status.

K
    This user has no status.

You are right of course. Even when we had a broken part on our 2050 we had to wait more than two weeks although it is Donic.
    Anyway I I am going to proceed buying a robot from Sergey.

says TT-CLOWN, old git

L
    says TT-CLOWN, old git

You are right of course. Even when we had a broken part on our 2050 we had to wait more than two weeks although it is Donic.
    Anyway I I am going to proceed buying a robot from Sergey.

😎👍 you know it makes sense

This user has no status.

TTD Member 42 99
    M
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 99 42

User Info Menu

Oct 2015
    Denmark
    Read 0 Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by maurice101

You can also randomize the placement, spin level and interval between shots to get a more match realistic ball. I feel this is one of the most important feature of the tennirobo.

I have the robot as well, but I have not been able to get randomized drills to work. I can get it to make one random shot over and over. But if I for example want a short ball with random spin and placement and after that I want a long ball with random spin and placement the random setting gets unticked.

Have you been able to get this to work?
    If I want just one long ball that is random I can get that to work just fine.

This user has no status.

TTD Member 1 5
    B
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 5 1

User Info Menu

Apr 2020
    Scotland
    Read 0 Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Murre5

I have the robot as well, but I have not been able to get randomized drills to work. I can get it to make one random shot over and over. But if I for example want a short ball with random spin and placement and after that I want a long ball with random spin and placement the random setting gets unticked.

Have you been able to get this to work?
    If I want just one long ball that is random I can get that to work just fine.

It sounds like you need to use random mode in drills (‘Rnd’ button in the top right corner of each drill). Currently, there’s a limit to what you can do with it, because it’s ‘all or nothing’ in terms randomness of shot choice. However, there is is a software update due out, hopefully this week, that should significantly improve the random mode in drills.

At the moment if you make a drill with 4 shots; short BH, short FH, long BH & long FH, and stick it in random mode, the robot will pick completely randomly between all 4 shots. So you can get a complete mix of short and long balls as well as left and right. The mix seems to be proper RNG and sometimes you can get a nice even mix and occasionally you’ll get a lot of one shot, etc. It’s good but unpredictable and tough if you have to cover the extremes of movement, in/out & left/right.

What I’m hoping for from this update is that you’ll be able to have the same 4 shots but make the robot alternate between 1 short (FH or BH), then one long (FH or BH). This will be very useful.

There is another random mode (actually there’s 2, AutoRND & ProRND) for single shots which gives a bit (or a lot) of randomness of placement to a single shot. It very useful but like you say, it doesn’t seem to stay if you then put that shot in a drill. Hopefully this will get fixed with the update too.

At the moment to do what you’re trying you have to put multiple shots in a drill and then stick the drill itself on random mode.

Hope this helps.

This user has no status.

TTD Member 42 99
    M
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 99 42

User Info Menu

Oct 2015
    Denmark
    Read 0 Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Buachaille

It sounds like you need to use random mode in drills (‘Rnd’ button in the top right corner of each drill). Currently, there’s a limit to what you can do with it, because it’s ‘all or nothing’ in terms randomness of shot choice. However, there is is a software update due out, hopefully this week, that should significantly improve the random mode in drills.

At the moment if you make a drill with 4 shots; short BH, short FH, long BH & long FH, and stick it in random mode, the robot will pick completely randomly between all 4 shots. So you can get a complete mix of short and long balls as well as left and right. The mix seems to be proper RNG and sometimes you can get a nice even mix and occasionally you’ll get a lot of one shot, etc. It’s good but unpredictable and tough if you have to cover the extremes of movement, in/out & left/right.

What I’m hoping for from this update is that you’ll be able to have the same 4 shots but make the robot alternate between 1 short (FH or BH), then one long (FH or BH). This will be very useful.

There is another random mode (actually there’s 2, AutoRND & ProRND) for single shots which gives a bit (or a lot) of randomness of placement to a single shot. It very useful but like you say, it doesn’t seem to stay if you then put that shot in a drill. Hopefully this will get fixed with the update too.

At the moment to do what you’re trying you have to put multiple shots in a drill and then stick the drill itself on random mode.

Hope this helps.

Ok thanks yes I contacted Sergey before and it doesn't seem like the feature I want is in the app right now and not the ones you have described.

What I'm looking for and hopefully this is something that will come in a later stage.
    Lets say a 2 shot drill. first shot is a short underspin ball in my forehand. The second shot is long topspin in my backhand. This is ofcourse not difficult to setup.
    But the randomness I'm looking for is the ball placement,speed and spin on these 2 shots to be random. Otherwise you get the robot to put the ball in the exact sane place on both shots which ofcourse is not similar to humanplay as there will always be difference in these 3 attributes when you play against someone and the practice is to be able to identify all 3 to make a good shot back.

If you only have one short forehand shot drill you can put the robot be random on these attributes.

Last edited by Murre5; 05-17-2021 at 08:22 PM.

says Compact professional robot

TTD Member 71 44
    says Compact professional robot

TTD Member 44 71

User Info Menu

May 2018
    Ukraine
    Read 0 Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Murre5

Ok thanks yes I contacted Sergey before and it doesn't seem like the feature I want is in the app right now and not the ones you have described.What I'm looking for and hopefully this is something that will come in a later stage.Lets say a 2 shot drill. first shot is a short underspin ball in my forehand. The second shot is long topspin in my backhand. This is ofcourse not difficult to setup.But the randomness I'm looking for is the ball placement,speed and spin on these 2 shots to be random. Otherwise you get the robot to put the ball in the exact sane place on both shots which ofcourse is not similar to humanplay as there will always be difference in these 3 attributes when you play against someone and the practice is to be able to identify all 3 to make a good shot back.If you only have one short forehand shot drill you can put the robot be random on these attributes.

Since app version 1.18 (IOS released yesterday, Android will be released in 1-2 days) these features are possible also for shots in drills. There is also new "fix order / don't mix" feature added, which allows to fix order of any shot in a drill (for example a serve)

The Following User Likes TenniRobo's Post:

lodro

This user has no status.

TTD Member 42 99
    M
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 99 42

User Info Menu

Oct 2015
    Denmark
    Read 0 Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TenniRobo

Since app version 1.18 (IOS released yesterday, Android will be released in 1-2 days) these features are possible also for shots in drills. There is also new "fix order / don't mix" feature added, which allows to fix order of any shot in a drill (for example a serve)

Nice I will test it out, You are easily making the best robot out there.

The Following User Likes Murre5's Post:

TenniRobo

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123