Banda/Stiga blades

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Pardon for my ignorance, but why Banda blades seems to be so reputable?
I've seem this name in some posts before (probably on a few FS/FT/LF threads), but I don't know much about this brand.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
Waldner used to be sponsored by Banda. I remember a rubber named Banda Waldi back then.

Coppa was originally a Banda rubber that J-O used. I believe that Donic bought the rights to Coppa when Stiga went bust in the 90ies (and let go of all sponsored players). As I understand it J-O wasn't too happy at the time and still has some resentment towards Stiga. There's also been some speculation that it's Stiga (or Donic) preventing J-O from working with our national team as you won't see him in a Stiga track suit due to his lifetime contract with Donic.

This user has no status.
Hi all,
Banda started its international fame with 2 blade, the Banda allround and the Banda offensive, both with the same shape very different to all you had in the market at this moment, specially where the handle joins the blade. Short time after they released the Banda Dorada who was a very offensive and light one, and quite thick. I had one too and was a fantastic wood.
Then, talking about rubbers, they released their famous rubber Banda Ladro as offensive one like Speedy Spin more or less, was a very good one, I had a red with Banda Offensive and Friendship 729 purple in BH. Very good combination. Then they released the Banda Quattro who was a Vari Spin like and was hable to be glued on 2 different sides ( at 90º) to change its response,a bit like Sriver S and L but in one rubber, and later the Banda Coppa with a grey sponge. Banda Coppa became Skitt Coppa then Donic Coppa. Then everybody knows the history with J.O Waldner etc etc
Regards

Coppa was originally a Banda rubber that J-O used. I believe that Donic bought the rights to Coppa when Stiga went bust in the 90ies (and let go of all sponsored players). As I understand it J-O wasn't too happy at the time and still has some resentment towards Stiga. There's also been some speculation that it's Stiga (or Donic) preventing J-O from working with our national team as you won't see him in a Stiga track suit due to his lifetime contract with Donic.

If this is true how come he was wearing stiga in one of his matches? Like in 2004 Olympics he was wearing a Stiga jersey?

This user has no status.
If this is true how come he was wearing stiga in one of his matches? Like in 2004 Olympics he was wearing a Stiga jersey?
Banda as table tennis products disappears late 80's, even if the brand still exists.

Referring to all of his matches with the swedish team J.O was wearing what the official swedish sponsor gave them, so more or less always Stiga in sweden.
that's mean if you go to compet for your flag paid by your federation you wear what your federation gives you.
Like Lacoste in the past in France then Adidas and now Tibhar since 30 years??

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews

I think that there's a difference to compete for a nation vs to coach a nation. This has been discussed quite a bit in Swedish media and the conclusion is that either Stiga (most likely) or Donic is stopping him from working with the national team.

I think that Stiga stopped producing Banda stuff sometime in the early 2000s.

Edit: Here's an old article on this topic. It's been an open wound ever since the 90ies.
https://translate.google.com/transl...ring/2011/09/waldners-avhopp-var-forutsagbart

Last edited:
Reactions: Ray

Banda as table tennis products disappears late 80's, even if the brand still exists.

Referring to all of his matches with the swedish team J.O was wearing what the official swedish sponsor gave them, so more or less always Stiga in sweden.
that's mean if you go to compet for your flag paid by your federation you wear what your federation gives you.
Like Lacoste in the past in France then Adidas and now Tibhar since 30 years??
I do not think Banda disappeared in the 80's because I have seen Banda Rossi rubbers and Banda blades as late as 2010.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
fed600c797c39c02417a79d337edf474.jpg

18ff501f9996bd406b899dd8b92c883e.jpg

aac7abc2e87354f464ee1ec48b499e97.jpg

It’s about 98 grams. It feels great. [emoji2]

Reactions: SamTheMan