10$ rubbers

ATT: I will work 1 month with my parents during this quarantine, or even longer, which is confirmed as I can buy a forehand rubber of 22 $, since I will still buy a friendship / 802-40 (Short Pips) that costs 8 $ for BH and Blade Galaxy 983, which costs $ 20, only $ 22 for the forehand. I can already see the Hurricane and Skyline. but I don't know any more options in that range.

Yinhe Big Dipper, Yinhe Apollo 5

Reactions: Kuba Hajto
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Ray said:
Weren't you recommending $10 rubber Dawei 2008 XP?

I have been very consistent over the years, if anyone has been reading my posts enough, they definitely see I strongly recommend XP2008 on BH for a developing player as an appropriate rubber. It is also nice that it doesn't cost so much. ($8 USD in USA from www.colestt.com) (Dude is a great dude, buy from this dude if you are in North America and you can EJ for the price of one rubber or blade)

To some more developed players who like a control rubber on their BH, this is not a terrible option either. I used that rubber on BH the entire 4 years I was in Korea and went from 1600 USATT to mid 1900s first tourney back 4 years later.

Anyone who has been watching my posts over the years would also notice that I have a VERY IMMEDIATE DISLIKE for endless threads searching for a perfect rubber where the OP provides a list of 10 candidates and asks for a free detailed analysis and recommendations that explain the technical details and performance metrics down to the hairs on a gnat's azz.

Often, the OP doesn't have much funds allocated and available for TT equipment purchases and needs to make the "Right" choice, hence the low cost Chinese rubbers are the only candidates.

Unfortunately, the OP usually wants a top performing rubber at this price, which is simply asking for too much by anyone's common sense... but when did common sense play a role in creating 100 similar threads since last summer?

The bottom line is in general, you get what you pay for, more or less, but sometimes, there is value... sometimes exceptional value. XP2008 is in the last category.

XP2008 is NOT a modern dynamic OFF rubber nor is it a modern OFF control class rubber... it is simply a control rubber with a very thick topsheet, mid firm sponge, not so tacky, and a very high level of control on both topspin and solid contact kind of strokes. It is simply suitable for a BH, (sometimes FH, maybe early on, but not later) for a developing player.

it helps a lot that this rubber is inexpensive and long lasting, even if it oxidizes very quickly, still playable and still useful to grow with.

Did that make it clear my view of XP2008?

Sorry I do not like to post what I just said every time someone makes one of these threads, I would have very fat wrists typing all that nearly every day.

Reactions: guedir and sspark80
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Cool. Posting will be useful.

When DavidZoosk posts, I am going to ask people to comment supportively, constructively and NOT critically, or to not comment if you don't have anything you can say that is positive and constructive.

Dude, I am SO gunna UNLEASH the Goon Squad on him...

Not.

I would like to see the vid footage too and see what everyone sez.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
¥ 50 affordable products famous factory of China..
HAITIAN products is quiet noteworthy, superb quality rubbers. ITTF LARC #145.
/Be happy/

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2020
I'm a beginnner, I just glued Mark V FH and XP2008 BH on Yasaka Sweden Extra, the XP2008 is tacky, thicker and harder than Mark V max, I would say that the YSE provide better feel for me compare to Primorac, less vibration, solid feel, faster. Even though the handle is a bit rough, it absorb sweat better.

I'm very happy with YSE. Thanks for the advise from most of the equipment expert here.

I would rather use XP2008 than Mark V for the most part even though it does wear out (oxidize) faster.

Reactions: yoass