Nittaku Sieger PK50

I've had a chance to try out Sieger PK-50 rubbers I got from Magic_M. Due to unfortunate circumstances, it took almost 2 months for the rubbers to get to me. And there was clear something is wrong as soon as I began testing them - speed was much lower than G1's, but especially the spin besides brush looping was really poor, the worst I could remember from all rubbers I've ever tried!

While the topsheet seemed to be just fine, the sponge must have lost boost, as I didn' t believe the rubber could just die because of the long time travelling. And yes, it didn't need much tuning, and the rubber came back to life - some extra bounce, significantly more speed and way, way more spin! I can say with confidence this is the most spinny rubber I have ever come across, while it is not difficult to control. And, if you are used to play with something like Big Dipper, you'll know how to get extra power out of this rubber when needed.

says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
I have used PK50 once in play against other players and around 6-7 times for practice with robot, so fairly limited.

For serves this rubber is exceptional for spin, this is the main experience I have with this rubber so far - serve practice. It is, so far the best rubber I have used for creating spin when serving.
during play against my practice partners my serves had very very good spin, in fact it took me by surprise!!! The additional spin from the serve receives was very high and took some getting used to. A lot of returns were also netted or wide / long. But when returned well the spin still on the ball could be problematic!!!

FH / BH topspin practice, the rubber performed very well, very good spin, but I also found that I put quite a few balls off the end of the table by 1 to 8 inches when looping, issues with my technique rather than the rubber.
speed was reasonably fast, for comparison the other rubber on the blade is Nittaku H3 pro turbo orange sponge.
Pk50 is faster, has more spin. It felt less controlled than the N H3 pro turbo. Reaction to incoming spin was fairly high for both rubbers.

So this is really a 1st impression post, weather the spin capabilities will sustain over a longer period remains to be seen. I’m going to put this rubber onto my Grubba blade, which is slightly slower than the Acoustic to see how it plays.

Is there anyone here who has used PK50 for a longer time and can comment about the durability ? If your experience is comparable to mine.

I haven't had a chance to use PK50 when new, I could just reboost the used rubbers I got, and while I was initially impressed, the good impression has quickly faded a way. The rubbers are just two months old, not used much, but they play like an old sheet of the average Chinese rubber that has been boosted. It's overly bouncy, forget about any decent spin when looping through the sponge, and brush looping gives you a decent speed but one would surely expect more spin from it. In short, nothing like this great rubber from the reviews.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
I´m using Zieger 50 red 2,0 in forehand. For me it´s brilliant. I get the power I earn from my self, and not from tensor rubbers, that springs much. The spin from the rubber is brilliant. I can put spinny loops where I want to. Blocks is okay. So you get the power and spin if you use your body, arm and wrist.
For me it´s still amazing after 3 month using of the rubber.

Reactions: kneckedeck
I both brush loop and loop throug sponge. Different shots I make in a match. Brush looping is a breeze with Zieger 50. So much spin. Power loops is also fantastic

That's great it works for you, but it doesn't work here. It is a mystery to me what went wrong. It seems that something must have happened to rubbers I got during long period it took them to reach my place, otherwise I don't know.

Yes, the rubbers come with lots of control, but they don't deliver in the spin department. It worked only for a few days after reboosting, I liked it a lot. And when it faded away, tried to slightly reboost again, but it only increases speed and makes the rubbers bouncier, it doesn't work with spin. And, it now also acts much more like a traditional Chinese rubber, at last from certain level of stroke strength, so everything except brushing gives a very low and flat trajectory. And everything apart from brush loops gives little to no spin.

I had Fastarc G-1 on the other side of the same blade, and while quite old, it performs much, much better. I also had Big Dipper and Golden Tango PS, both far from new, and the loop that makes my opponent almost constantly fail to block the ball back, results just always in a safe block back when I loop the same way using PK50.

I of course believe you and all other reviewers, it's certain these rubbers are normally very good. However, I would like to see a feedback from more people who are using this rubber for a longer time, a couple or months or more.

This user has no status.
Hello, I also got myself a Nittaku Sieger PK50.
Since Nittaku has also already had experience with sticky OG through its cooperation with DHS on the Hurricanes, I am confident that the Sieger PK50 will have its place. I was curious. I have now played the rubber for about 10h on different woods. Overwhelmingly, I can agree with the previous impressions.

The rubber is a middle ground between European and Chinese rubbers with sticky top rubber. As already written, the sticky top is not so strong likeon chinese rubber.

The rubber plays pleasantly and very controlled. The ball bounce and trajectory are very consistent. This actually reminds me a lot also of the linearity of the G-1. But the winner PK50 simply requires a different technique. You have to work properly and pull the ball upwards, as is needed with sticky OG. It is certainly still a bit easier than with a H3. (at least that's what my club mate who has been playing Hurricanes for a long time says).
I see the absolute strengths of the rubber in the spin-full opening close to the table and in the control on passive strokes. The opening close to the table is extremely full of spin and has a dangerous trajectory. If it goes a few steps back, you already have to adjust your technique and work forward. Another strength are the push balls and the backstrokes, these are easy to play due to spin.
Due to the sticky topsheet and the hard sponge, you can't expect a high dynamic. This is also not to be expected by the rubber composition with sticky rubbers. But you shouldn't think that the rubber doesn't play itself to death. Still, it's a good middle ground if you want to try sticky rubbers. It is becoming more and more popular in Europe.

Blocking works great so far. Nothing special, still a lot of control.

So if you value safety and cut insensitivity, you do with the winner PK50 really not much wrong.

I played the rubber both on solid baldes (Energy Wood V2) and on Innerforce blades (Omar Assar, Inspira CCF). I liked it best on Innerforce blades.