What's the rating estimate of these players? (In usatt)

Status
Not open for further replies.
says Not for sale, I liked it actually
May 2018
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
You want to assign a number to someone just by looking at them? This brings racism to a whole new level.

Reactions: Kuba Hajto
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
It is very hard to tell what someone is rated just by watching. Ratings are won by competing. An example, the last match, if you just looked at each play and did not understand, you might think Tony was higher rated than Igor and would win in a match. But Igor may be higher rated than Tony. He also still may not be even though he won.

Here, without finding the ratings and looking, what do you think the ratings of these guys are:

This is one of those two playing someone else, what about the new player?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
2000-2100 for A and B. Didn't watch the rest.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Have a hard time Seeing the function of having all those balls at video one when playing like that. Makes them treat the ball like trash so they miss alot.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
2000-2100 for A and B. Didn't watch the rest.

I am 2000-2100 and the guys in the vid look better than me, but winning matches in tourneys isn't all about looking good. Hard to tell from a BH to BH practice at table. I actually do that task of BH to BH better than those two, but do not look as good.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Player D and E are rated 1/2 to 3/4 level better than my mid 2000s level, but I would love my chances vs either of them in a tourney or in chicken and beer.

I would be real careful betting vs Igor, 'cause if I lost, the collateral damage of the food/drink tab would be exponentially huge. You put me and that dude together on the same dinner table and there is gunna be serious damage to the stock levels of the restaurant supplies.

May 2018
I am 2000-2100 and the guys in the vid look better than me, but winning matches in tourneys isn't all about looking good. Hard to tell from a BH to BH practice at table. I actually do that task of BH to BH better than those two, but do not look as good.

There are match play of player A and B on 2nd and 3rd video. It would be hard press to see a 2000~2100 with a better backhand than those two. It's on video so the speed and spin is not revealed but my bet is the quality of each shot is higher than what people might thought.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
The player in red, I want to say I see him at tourneys and he is prolly closer to 2200 than 2000 if I am right... he doesn't go apeshyt on the 1st BH chance either, a lot of 2000 players don't have that discipline.

If you are in Bay Area, you will see me around a little or a lot depending on where/when you go.

What Happened with Derek H?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
What's the rating estimate of these players?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7_Rbz_EG1U
(player A and player B)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONDrelWPF28
(player A and player C)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1u2ECUcSHQ (player C and player B)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDYSPL12kJo (player D and player E)

Their ratings are online, but i am trying to improve my eye test ability. So base on eye test what are the ratings you give them and why?

I kinda had the feeling that it's you, Keith (aka hunkeelin ;) from mytt)! You really must be in love with yourself to post vids of you (and your "friends") and pretending that these are just some random dudes. How ridiculous and immature..
I might want to quote Michael Douglas as Gordon Gecko here because it fits so well: "...and if you need a friend, get a dog"!

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
The player in red, I want to say I see him at tourneys and he is prolly closer to 2200 than 2000 if I am right... he doesn't go apeshyt on the 1st BH chance either, a lot of 2000 players don't have that discipline.

If you are in Bay Area, you will see me around a little or a lot depending on where/when you go.

What Happened with Derek H?

Possibly closer to 2200. Probably not much better. Most of the guys look like adult players whose levels have stabilized or soon will, they look like players who trained hard but also have limitations that mean their level won't get much higher, in the same way they look to have strong aspects to their game so their level won't get much lower either.

I gave a rough estimate since I didn't watch too much for a variety of reasons. One being that the poster is probably one of the players in the video and knows the answer to the question already.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
Possibly closer to 2200. Probably not much better. Most of the guys look like adult players whose levels have stabilized or soon will, they look like players who trained hard but also have limitations that mean their level won't get much higher, in the same way they look to have strong aspects to their game so their level won't get much lower either.

I gave a rough estimate since I didn't watch too much for a variety of reasons. One being that the poster is probably one of the players in the video and knows the answer to the question already.

Well, he (the poster) is the one in the yellow shirt and black pants in the first vid (and has a purple shirt in the second). His rating is 2100something USATT (maybe ~2150).

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Well, he (the poster) is the one in the yellow shirt and black pants in the first vid (and has a purple shirt in the second). His rating is 2100something USATT (maybe ~2150).

There are match play of player A and B on 2nd and 3rd video. It would be hard press to see a 2000~2100 with a better backhand than those two. It's on video so the speed and spin is not revealed but my bet is the quality of each shot is higher than what people might thought.

Their ratings are online, but i am trying to improve my eye test ability. So base on eye test what are the ratings you give them and why?

"I am trying to improve my eye test ability"...."It would be hard press to see a 2000~2100 with a better backhand than those two."

This is out of Seinfeld. :)

One year ago the rating was 1948. :)

I would say, someone with a rating over 2100 for 1 tournament, a rating over 2000 but under 2100 only once also, and the rest under 2000, well that just isn't enough of a track record to say much of anything, especially given there are only 7 tournaments on record.

Still, getting over 2100 within the span of 7 tournaments means you have to be a solid player. But....It is just too funny how this unfolded.

Last edited:

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Only watched the first vid. These guys suck. They can't even drill bh-bh consistently. 1750 usatt tops.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I might run into the quoter at a tourney and he may see and feel firsthand such a backhand... He can ask the other mid 2000s players who felt it too and lost.

Carl makes a good point about rating and true or solid stable level.

Der_Echte last year made a similar rating point jump in one tourney.

I was just as concerned as Carl that it could have been good fortune and I wasn't really that level.

1st tourney after had only a couple matches, hard to say. Last tourney, defeated 2 of the 3 low and mid 2000 level players I faced... The way I won and who I faced.. one of them defeated me in a finals last year... and how that BH changed guy's outlook of the match outcome as it got to game 5 told me all I needed to know that I belonged

Still, the Corona no tt for a couple months is gonna dent me, but a month or two and I will be right there again. I've been out of tt before and know what to expect.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.