Coaching advice

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
Would people reccomend having 2 seperate hours coaching a week or 1 two hour session, Thanks.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
Would people reccomend having 2 seperate hours coaching a week or 1 two hour session, Thanks.
separate lessons of 1 hr twice a week but each time follow the session by practicing what you learned (not with the coach) for at least half an hour. make notes and follow up next time

try to film both coaching and practice
good luck

Last edited:
Reactions: Adra04778
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Much better to have shorter and some time between Do can you practice What you have learned and then meet up again.

Reactions: Adra04778
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
If you can last longer than 1h of intense coaching, I do really jealous of your physique and endurance. After 1h of 50:50 split multiball I am really drained of energy. I can't imagine going for 2h of real intense play. I don't mind playing for 3-3.5h of semi intense play. 2h of intense continuous training is unimaginable for me.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
2 separate sessions of 1 hour each if you are still learning. Consistency with the coach is important, making sure that progress is being kept and poor habits aren't sneaking in during the training days in between. Plus, 2 hours is likely too much time to keep soaking in information and being in physical condition to keep going if the training is intense.

Reactions: Der_Echte
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
In USA, unless you are getting high perfromance WARRIOR TRAINING from a hard-core TT coach / Drill SGT... then 1 hr straight is the normal thing. The pace of the lesson is slow, coach is rarely pushing the player much... just getting player to relax, understand some things, and practice without much stress.

Some do some multiball in hte lesson, but is starts so agonizingly slow and maybe later builds... some.

A player not in really good condition can easily do one hour TT lesson with 90% of the adult coaches NO PROBLEM.

A player in decent shape taking multiball lessons in a Korean TT club gets a 10 minute warmup, then gets the living dog-crap SMOKED out of them before the end of the last ten minutes. You would NEVER, EVER expect a dude in great physical shape to not even last 10 minutes when the multi-ball training gets intense with all those powerfull hitting combined with explosive cross step footwork back and forth combination multiball drills at a pace that is a tad faster than one normally can handle...

So one has to know what they are getting into.

if it is light duty, like 90% plus of adult coaching in USA, then 1 HR is no problem.