This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2020
What is your favorite genre of music to listen to while playing?

What is your favorite genre of music to listen to while playing ? Does it change based on what you are doing?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
Do you think it is a bad idea then to listen to music?

It's not a bad idea. But it does have some drawbacks. I am still developing my game and I prefer hearing more, to gain more information about whether am I making mistakes. When ball is struck just right it not gives a good feeling it also makes a certain sound. For sticky rubbers, it's kind of whoosh. I also like to hear how much of the blade I am using with certain strokes. The stronger the stroke the louder the sound. It gives a sort of feedback about how much of the blade I can utilize with what accuracy.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
DesignTechnology, all of your threads seemed to be very much related and not that different. I guess the one exception was the one about music.

Regardless of that distinction, I have merged all of your threads into one thread.

I am going to ask you not to post new threads for every question you have. If the questions are really different, for the next week, I am going to ask you to send me a private message for me to approve subjects for new threads from you. The reason is my reading of your multiple threads so far.

The reason you are not allowed to post links until you have 5 posts is because a lot of new members are actually just spammers. Once you are allowed to post links, if I find, links I feel are spam, or are unrelated to the subject of Table Tennis, I may delete them. If that emerges as a pattern, I might choose to ban.

Table Tennis is the sport. Ping Pong is actually a brand name. So it is like someone using Kleenex for Tissue or Bandaid for Bandage. I do know people who say that Ping Pong is what recreational players are doing and Table Tennis is what happens when a serious player is playing at a decent club level. But, really, they are just different ways to refer to the same game....or is it a sport? :)

Reactions: Choosikick
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Also, for training alone, probably a decent robot is the best option. There are also people who use a return board. Return boards can be made instead of needing to buy them. So it is a less expensive alternative. There are Robots that are not that expensive.

I think Newgy makes some robots that are very good and not too expensive.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2020
What is the primary difference between the two if there is one and do you get offended if you confuse the two?
Hey DesignTechnology! If I’m being completely intellectually honest, there’s no difference between ping pong and table tennis. They’re one in the same. But seeing that you and I are both from America, it’s important to note that the two terms seem to have different connotations in the United States. At least in America, where table tennis isn’t too popular or mainstream, the table tennis that the Average Joe plays is completely different from professional table tennis. The average joe’s table tennis involves using cheap, 5 dollar, rubber-less paddles and balls bought at the dollar store. Many “Joes” seem to think that they’re average or even good at table tennis with little to no experience playing professionally... and they tend to call the sport Ping Pong. But as experienced players of the sport, we know how different table tennis is. There are rules, strategies... it’s more complex than your average joe is led to believe... and we try to distinguish our conception of the sport by calling it Table Tennis. This doesn’t seem to be a problem in other countries, where table tennis is respected as sport. But sadly table tennis is perceived as more of a hobby or a game than a real Olympic sport in the US. That’s why we tend to make this arbitrary distinction between the professional Table Tennis and the hobby Ping Pong. This is mostly speculation... but hope this helped ;)

adi

This user has no status.
Easy explanation, you play Ping Pong as a recreational activity. You play table tennis if you are serious about it. Training, club, tournaments, competition, etc ...

Verzonden vanaf mijn met Tapatalk

Then how is there ping pong world championships are the players who playe there not serious or not playing in a competition

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Then how is there ping pong world championships are the players who playe there not serious or not playing in a competition

Ping Pong World Championships is a branding name that a group came up with for a HardBat tournament. It is one tournament. And it is a HardBat tournament. To use that name, they needed permission from the brand "Ping Pong".

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
What is your favorite genre of music to listen to while playing ? Does it change based on what you are doing?

I usually include ambient in any situation. If I get bored, you can always find something else on Radio Garden

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Hello Bot. Enjoy your short existence!

**Wait is he a bot or not??

Yeah. It was a bot. I was just waiting for it to post links. The bots are getting smarter. It did not post links in a new post. The bot edited an earlier post to add links. Also, when I think it is a bot, if I see links on the profile, I delete as well. This bot did not do that. So, I waited to see spam and made the bot's posts disappear.