Joo Sae Hyuk spots 6 Points to a 2300 level Female Player 7 sets

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Joo is a sporting lad and gives 6 points to a you tube female TT star... at Kim Taek Soo TTC while her or his or both the kids run amok next room loud screaming and crashing the floor... they play like they are not there.

Female player gives a large number of nets and Joo is a good sport...

Match happened maybe 2 weeks ago.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
She isn't 2300. Definitely higher, particularly vs chop.
That is her ringer rating,

I think she plays Natl Level Div 1, that is usually 2350 to 2400 territory... but one of our founding Korea Foreign members ended up low 2200s on a trip home for st championships... this guy won multiple div natl tourneys...

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
She isn't 2300. Definitely higher, particularly vs chop.

Sometimes, you just see certain players play well vs someone or a certain play style.

If you look up my stats in the 4 start Walnut Creek tourney in Mar 2020 vs an LP player named Wang Wei or something like that, you will see a very decisive, lopsided 3-0 win and that dude for DECADES has floated in the range of mid 2000s and mid 2100s. He is not a one trick pony getting his level. I not only won, I thoroughly demotivated him.

If a person not knowing me or my "better" performance vs this type of LP player, and you look at the game scores, you would think easily 2250+ level or higher of me... when I an only mid 2000s.

She only needed 5 points to win a game and seemed to get net balls in literally half her rallies... and won from a net it seemed an average of 3 points a game from those... when you cough up 6 points, that is tough to make up... even if you are a pro.

That is how handicap matches work in Korea.

Next Level, if you were to go to Korea and play in a weekly or special in-club tourney, they all have divisions down to Div 7 or 8. You would be Div 1 city/club/Regional. You would be coughing up a 7 pt handicap to these Div 7 and Div 8 players, who are for the most part, newbie players under 1000 USATT.

Even vs that crowd, you make 1 or 2 unlucky shots and they get 1-2 net or edges... it is game over match over. Especially when they are swinging wild free nothing to lose and have really un-true strange grip and impact... plus the courts too close you are playing bumper pool out there... You would be very hard pressed to make it very far in one of those handicap tourneys, too much wild stuff can happen and it is real tough to play that way...

... however, it is the only way Koreans will play at all. If you face a Natl Div 1 player (even at city Div 1, you would be automatic Div 4 natl) you would get a 4 pt handicap from the 2300 crowd. If you have a play style that troubles that opponent or you simply get a little lucky, it is over-city for them... but that is how they want it over there and they wouldn't trade it away for the world.

Last edited:
Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
Players that can control their own spin usually have a very easy time against LP even at a quite high level. They’ll just blast through by playing quite flat strokes that they mask as loops. It’s a horrible feeling as a defender when you run into these guys but all you can do is to admire them.

Reactions: yoass
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2017
Nice stuff and fun match to watch. I remember watching a few Lee Hyo Sim videos about technique before, and she explains certain concepts very well.