says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
2012 Asian Team Championships, 23 Feb 2012, Macao, China

Asian Championships 2012 Media Library

The Asian Championships Team Event begins today on the 23rd February 2012.

This is the thread for the team championships. A thread will be made for the singles event shortly.

asiateam2012.jpg

Photo by: photo source: english.cri.cn

Wow! What a year 2012 has been with recent World Tours being successful as ever! Last weeks Pro Tour winner at the Kuwait Open 2012 was Jun Mizutani. Joo Se Hyuk fell in the semi final stage against compatriot Ryu Seung Min. Joo Se Hyuk will not be participating in the Asian Championships due to an unknown reason. Jun Miutani and Chuang Chih Yuan are the only non Chinese players in the top 12 seedlings.

China are the number 1 seeds for the Asian Team Championships 2012! The Men's team competition is divided into a championship group and the first division.

maasiagames.jpg

Ma Long, Photo by: Hannah Johnston/Getty Images AsiaPac

So i'm sure everyone is looking forward to the Asian Championships 2012! Lets get things under way! This spectacular event begins today on the 23rd February 2012.

Ma Long, Zhang Jike, Wang Hao, Xu Xin, Ma Lin, Jun Mizutani, Chuang Chih Yuan and many more World class table tennis players will appear in the Men’s Team event representing their countries; whilst in the counterpart Women’s Team competition the seeds are as follows: Ding Ning, Guo Yan, Li Xiaoxia, Guo Yue, Feng Tianwei, Wang Yuegu, Ai Fukuhara, Kasumi Ishikawa, Hirano Sayaka, and many more will be in action as seen below.

Who will win Asian Championships Team Event? Who did you vote for in the TTD poll? Who would you like to see win?

The very best players in Asia will gather for what it seems to be one of the biggest events of the year in preparation for the London 2012 Olympics!

Place your bets, teams list below

Men's Team Event

!) China
2) Japan
3) Hong Kong
4) Chinese Tapai
5) South Korea
6) North Korea
7)
8)

Draw!

drawasiangames2012.jpg

Photo by: ittf.com

7th and 8th places are left for two teams that qualify from division 1.

Women's Team Event

1) China
2) Singapore
3) South Korea
4) Hong Kong
5) Japan
6) North Korea
7)
8)

womenasiateam2012.jpg

Photo by: Mark Dadswell/Getty Images

7th and 8th places are left for two teams that qualify from division 1.

This is going to be a big tournament so lets get started by discussing the seeds. We can use this thread as a means to display all the latest results, videos and news from this amazing event! Can China prove why they are the number 1 seeds? Who will win, keep an eye out for videos and latest discussion in this thread.

says Begonnen bij TTC Damme, vorig jaar bij TTC Pipolic en nu...
says Begonnen bij TTC Damme, vorig jaar bij TTC Pipolic en nu...
May 2011
Just voted Taipei, because chances are soooo small they would win, I would have a MASSIVE "I told you so" :p

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I'm surprised there were non-China votes on the poll tbh lol

I was hoping to vote for Argentina since they are not from Asia and can't compete. I don't know if it makes any sense to vote for anyone since the likelihood of China doing anything other than winning the men's competition close to zero.