Do you play a musical instrument?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2015
Read 8 reviews
I am a piano player, but a month ago my German niece insisted to see me playing the guitar which I consider a hobby of mine, so I made this little video

That sounds amazing Kolev! Well played!
Did you used reverb in the video?

How did you combine and sync both videos together and make sure they are in perfect time?
Do you record the base part first, and then record the melody part with the base playback?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
Thanks Jeff. I first programmed a simple background track consisting drums and a double bass. Then I played back the background track and recorded the first guitar....and then recorded the second guitar. Quite simple. Unfortunately couldn't achieve the same light, thus the difference between both of me...
I used mainly delay and just a tiny bit of reverb to glue the whole mix. This little record isn't something I am proud with, but it's good enough for my niece
If I record a piano I would add reverb to recreate an environment e.g. - concert hall or a chamber, or a studio, church, stadium, stage, bathroom etc.

Reactions: JeffM
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021
Drummer here :) Also music producer (w\ FL Studio). So nice to see there are quite a few musicians here as well. TT + Music = <3-ly combination

• Love
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2018
Read 1 reviews
Since I make instruments out of bamboo, I'm planning to make a shakuhachi when I'm old and wise enough.;)
Trouble is, living in England, it's hard/impossible to get the right kind of rootstock bamboo.
I don't play string instruments, so never tried an erhu. Played a few Chinese and Japanese reed instruments - hichiriki, sho etc.

I saw some rootstock bamboo on eBay. They look OK for Chinese xiao(flute) but probbly not good enough for a shakuhachi, May be use them as a experiment. https://www.ebay.com/itm/164875199788?hash=item266353e52c:g:CHIAAOSwoR1hIHMt
I made a few bamboo flutes a few years ago. It is challenging but satisfying when it come out well.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2015
Read 8 reviews
My newest video. An old but very famous Chinese song on Chinese Valentine's Day :)

月亮代表我的心 (The moon, my heart) is regarded as one of the most famous and beloved Chinese songs of all time. This Mandarin pop classic gained widespread popularity when 鄧麗君 (Teresa Teng) performed her own version in 1977. Teresa Teng is considered one of the greatest musical figures in Asia and Asia’s eternal queen of pop.

The main lyrics of the song are “You ask me how deeply do I love you, how much do I really love you? My affection is real, my love is real, the moon represents my heart. You ask me how deeply do I love you, how much do I really love you? My affection does not waver, my love does not change, the moon represents my heart.” The moon has great significance in Chinese culture and is used to mark the timing for some festivals such as moon festival (mid-autumn festival). It carries emotions of gentleness, yearning, and brightness. In the lyrics, the lover cleverly answers the question. Love is difficult to be measured and cannot be measured by money or material things. Using the moon as the answer, the lover in the song asks the other person to think about it, take a look at the moon, and reflect on their love.

Today is 元宵節 (Lantern Festival), which is celebrated on the 15th day of Lunar New Year, the first full moon in the new year. It marks the last day of the Lunar New Year. This day is also the Chinese Valentine’s Day. In the ancient times, children would go out at night carrying lanterns and solve riddles, while young men and women would go out to see the lanterns and take the opportunity to get acquainted.

“One soft kiss has already moved my heart, our time of deep affection has made me miss you ever since then.” As I share my piano cover of 月亮代表我的心 (The moon, my heart), I wish everyone a happy Chinese Valentine’s Day and another year filled with love, prosperity, and joy.

(English subtitle available in video settings)