Do you play a musical instrument?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
Read 1 reviews
Piano at roughly intermediate level with probably a handful of bad positioned finger habits.
Self-taught, no lessons nor note reading. Synthesia style.
The most advanced (not advanced) piece I can play is probably this:
as the first piece I decided to learn (probably not the smartest beginners choice xD), the 2:12-> part took me a long while to get down. Now I've learned several more but mostly at the same level or easier.

I've also tried blues, but I can't get it down since my left-hand refuses Independence (for now) :| (while ballade styled bass notes comes as easy top spins) with my unstable elbow problems the last few year I've not been hardcore practicing either. (as it makes it worse :(

Oh and I can play up to (difficulty level) F and Bm chords on guitar lol. just various strumming patterns. I keep my "finger play" to the piano. As that's my ears preference.

Are you Ryan Jones who played this piano piece with >10 millions viewers?
[h=1][/h]

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
My life is music, my profession is music, my hobby is music and here is my CV.
I began at age of 7 and my education passed through 5 years specialized classical music lyceum and a then another 4 in the conservatory of Sofia. Main instruments piano, keyboards and accordion. In the 80s was lucky to be the keyboard player of a very famous rock band in my county-Bulgaria. In mid 90s came to Brussels as a piano-bar act and during the last 21 years did endless amount of gigs. I have a small professiona studiol where I practice, arrange and master a lot and record from time to time Many ppl would say that I am good rock guitarist as well. I like many different genres of music and can easily play quite a few styles without being specialized in anything in particular. The last few years I am very busy with private piano and guitar courses.
"Music is my first love and it will be the last”

Reactions: Suga D and JeffM
says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Wow that's amazing, especially as you didn't have any lessons! :D
Is that your playing in the video? Sounds very nice and soothing.

Seconded! A very lyrical interpretation. And, at least from my level, I think positioning and position changes are done quite well, certainly so given that it's self-taught.

It's also a beautiful piece, a high aim for a first piece. Kaizoku, you brightened up my day.

Reactions: Suga D and JeffM
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2020
Is there a correlation between people being good at sports like table tennis where hand eye coordination is important and playing musical instruments like the piano? Interesting

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
i own a ukulele for like 3 years now but never really invested myself into mastering it. I can play some basic melodies but nothing more than this

Reactions: JeffM
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2015
Read 8 reviews
Piano at roughly intermediate level with probably a handful of bad positioned finger habits.
Self-taught, no lessons nor note reading. Synthesia style.
The most advanced (not advanced) piece I can play is probably this:
as the first piece I decided to learn (probably not the smartest beginners choice xD), the 2:12-> part took me a long while to get down. Now I've learned several more but mostly at the same level or easier.

I've also tried blues, but I can't get it down since my left-hand refuses Independence (for now) :| (while ballade styled bass notes comes as easy top spins) with my unstable elbow problems the last few year I've not been hardcore practicing either. (as it makes it worse :(

Oh and I can play up to (difficulty level) F and Bm chords on guitar lol. just various strumming patterns. I keep my "finger play" to the piano. As that's my ears preference.

Hey Kaizoku,

Here is my attempt to play Canon :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Tango K and yoass
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
Hello guys, new here from India. This is my first visit to this forum and glad to have joined this community. Yes, I like music and I am passionate about music. Music is a feeling that come from inside and relief. I like to play guitar and piano. Looking forward to this group and thanks for sharing this with us.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
I bought a yamaha PSS-A50 for my camper. It had to be small and low power and have a midi port. I don't play keyboard yet but I will have time after I am retired. There was a picture of the PSS-A50 above.
I have also dug out my old cherry red 1966 Gibson ES 330 TDC. I bought it with money I earned from mowing lawns. A new ES 330 TDC cost about $2400 now. I need to learn again. Much I still remember but it is difficult to play clean. My fingers seem fatter now or the strings are closer together. The strings also hurt my fingers because I don't have any callouses.

When I was 13 I broke my wrist playing football in the street. I had to stop taking guitar lessons. I couldn't even go out for football because I had a cast on my wrist. I couldn't play the guitar because the cast would scratch my guitar and I could barely hold a pick. However, this is when I learned to play TT. I learned to play left handed because I broke my right wrist. During the time I had my cast on my guitar teacher died. When my cast came off I played high school football. Never really played the guitar after that but I did play TT through my sophomore year in college then school and life got in the way of everything. Couldn't play TT or the guitar. Now skip forward about 45 years.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2015
Read 8 reviews
Hello guys, new here from India. This is my first visit to this forum and glad to have joined this community. Yes, I like music and I am passionate about music. Music is a feeling that come from inside and relief. I like to play guitar and piano. Looking forward to this group and thanks for sharing this with us.

Welcome to this forum! Look forward to seeing videos of your music! :D

I bought a yamaha PSS-A50 for my camper. It had to be small and low power and have a midi port. I don't play keyboard yet but I will have time after I am retired. There was a picture of the PSS-A50 above.
I have also dug out my old cherry red 1966 Gibson ES 330 TDC. I bought it with money I earned from mowing lawns. A new ES 330 TDC cost about $2400 now. I need to learn again. Much I still remember but it is difficult to play clean. My fingers seem fatter now or the strings are closer together. The strings also hurt my fingers because I don't have any callouses.

When I was 13 I broke my wrist playing football in the street. I had to stop taking guitar lessons. I couldn't even go out for football because I had a cast on my wrist. I couldn't play the guitar because the cast would scratch my guitar and I could barely hold a pick. However, this is when I learned to play TT. I learned to play left handed because I broke my right wrist. During the time I had my cast on my guitar teacher died. When my cast came off I played high school football. Never really played the guitar after that but I did play TT through my sophomore year in college then school and life got in the way of everything. Couldn't play TT or the guitar. Now skip forward about 45 years.

Thanks for sharing your story regarding TT and music! You must have so much memories coming back to you as you play the Gibson again!

Well done, you did it very well, this is one of my favorite compositions. Thank you!

Thank you for your compliment! I will continue to play more pieces and record them.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Dec 2020
Hey jazz bassist here ! no music degree mostly self taught since more than 30 years, been growing in music-centric family with all kinds of instruments so I can't even remember what I've used first to express myself hahaha, all I can say is I was very young. And all I can say is the first thing I was singing was jazz walking bass lines ! so naturally with bass I started with the blues, then as I got a solid sense of rhythm all the african-american culture came down on me: soul, funk, Motown, fusion, latin jazz, afro-cuban, etc. I've been playing in various jazz bands, professionally or not, and I'm also teaching electric bass guitar at all levels.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUc2w260Xuo" target="_blank">