Back to Forum
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 19 23
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 23 19
    I play piano and a little guitar, but not as much in recent years. Wish I had more time to play!

The Following User Likes Joo Se Kev's Post:

JeffM

This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 497 852
    T
    This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 852 497
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaizoku
    Piano at roughly intermediate level with probably a handful of bad positioned finger habits.
    Self-taught, no lessons nor note reading. Synthesia style.
    The most advanced (not advanced) piece I can play is probably this: as the first piece I decided to learn (probably not the smartest beginners choice xD), the 2:12-> part took me a long while to get down. Now I've learned several more but mostly at the same level or easier.

I've also tried blues, but I can't get it down since my left-hand refuses Independence (for now) :| (while ballade styled bass notes comes as easy top spins) with my unstable elbow problems the last few year I've not been hardcore practicing either. (as it makes it worse

Oh and I can play up to (difficulty level) F and Bm chords on guitar lol. just various strumming patterns. I keep my "finger play" to the piano. As that's my ears preference.

Are you Ryan Jones who played this piano piece with >10 millions viewers?

says Spin for life

Advanced TTD Member 227 406
    V
    says Spin for life

Advanced TTD Member 406 227
    Violinist here. Played from 4-17ish. Stopped after highschool.

The Following User Likes vik2000's Post:

JeffM

This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 70 211
    K
    This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 211 70
    My life is music, my profession is music, my hobby is music and here is my CV.
    I began at age of 7 and my education passed through 5 years specialized classical music lyceum and a then another 4 in the conservatory of Sofia. Main instruments piano, keyboards and accordion. In the 80s was lucky to be the keyboard player of a very famous rock band in my county-Bulgaria. In mid 90s came to Brussels as a piano-bar act and during the last 21 years did endless amount of gigs. I have a small professiona studiol where I practice, arrange and master a lot and record from time to time Many ppl would say that I am good rock guitarist as well. I like many different genres of music and can easily play quite a few styles without being specialized in anything in particular. The last few years I am very busy with private piano and guitar courses.
    "Music is my first love and it will be the last”

The Following 2 Users Like Kolev's Post:

JeffM and Suga D

says modestly attempting kōhaiship of Jeul-Tak

Master TTD Member 2,352 2,455
    says modestly attempting kōhaiship of Jeul-Tak

Master TTD Member 2,455 2,352
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffM
    Wow that's amazing, especially as you didn't have any lessons!
    Is that your playing in the video? Sounds very nice and soothing.
    Seconded! A very lyrical interpretation. And, at least from my level, I think positioning and position changes are done quite well, certainly so given that it's self-taught.

It's also a beautiful piece, a high aim for a first piece. Kaizoku, you brightened up my day.

The Following 2 Users Like yoass's Post:

JeffM and Suga D

This user has no status.

TTD Member 3 15
    K
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 15 3

User Info Menu

Apr 2020
    Pakistan
    Read 0 Reviews
    yes i play piano

The Following User Likes kanewillimson's Post:

JeffM

says ShakeMyShakehand

Senior TTD Member 268 507
    says ShakeMyShakehand

Senior TTD Member 507 268
    Quote Originally Posted by tropical
    Are you Ryan Jones who played this piano piece with >10 millions viewers?
    Ahahaha, no.
    I can't play it that well either. I have a video somewhere. Maybe I'll post later xp

The Following User Likes Kaizoku's Post:

JeffM

"Despite that there are disadvantages of being a Penhold, there are more positive points from it. And in playing table tennis, we all need to diversify." ~Xu Xin - Check out my new compilation

This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 819 589
    J
    This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 589 819

User Info Menu

My newest recording

This user has no status.

TTD Member 0 3
    P
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 3 0

User Info Menu

May 2020
    UK
    Read 0 Reviews
    Is there a correlation between people being good at sports like table tennis where hand eye coordination is important and playing musical instruments like the piano? Interesting

This user has no status.

TTD Member 1 1
    J
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 1 1

User Info Menu

Aug 2020
    France
    Read 0 Reviews
    I really like the guitar instrument, it is one of my favorite instruments in this world, I know many songs to sing

The Following User Likes joseandres123's Post:

JeffM

This user has no status.

TTD Member 1 3
    S
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 3 1

User Info Menu

Oct 2020
    United States
    Read 0 Reviews
    i own a ukulele for like 3 years now but never really invested myself into mastering it. I can play some basic melodies but nothing more than this

The Following User Likes SilentWords's Post:

JeffM

This user has no status.

J
    This user has no status.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Aleserne32
    Recently, I decided to write music. I like electro music, so I thought why not to try do something by myself. So, now, I'm trying to become a master in this field. Maybe a bit later I will show you my results.
    That is quite impressive. Can't wait to see your music!

This user has no status.

J
    This user has no status.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kaizoku
    Piano at roughly intermediate level with probably a handful of bad positioned finger habits.
    Self-taught, no lessons nor note reading. Synthesia style.
    The most advanced (not advanced) piece I can play is probably this: as the first piece I decided to learn (probably not the smartest beginners choice xD), the 2:12-> part took me a long while to get down. Now I've learned several more but mostly at the same level or easier.

I've also tried blues, but I can't get it down since my left-hand refuses Independence (for now) :| (while ballade styled bass notes comes as easy top spins) with my unstable elbow problems the last few year I've not been hardcore practicing either. (as it makes it worse

Oh and I can play up to (difficulty level) F and Bm chords on guitar lol. just various strumming patterns. I keep my "finger play" to the piano. As that's my ears preference.
    Hey Kaizoku,

Here is my attempt to play Canon

The Following 2 Users Like JeffM's Post:

Tango K and yoass

Last edited by JeffM; 11-11-2020 at 03:15 PM.

This user has no status.

TTD Member 1 1
    A
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 1 1

User Info Menu

Nov 2020
    India
    Read 0 Reviews
    Hello guys, new here from India. This is my first visit to this forum and glad to have joined this community. Yes, I like music and I am passionate about music. Music is a feeling that come from inside and relief. I like to play guitar and piano. Looking forward to this group and thanks for sharing this with us.

The Following User Likes abroadstudies's Post:

JeffM

Last edited by abroadstudies; 11-10-2020 at 11:51 AM.

This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 363 746
    B
    This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 746 363

User Info Menu

I bought a yamaha PSS-A50 for my camper. It had to be small and low power and have a midi port. I don't play keyboard yet but I will have time after I am retired. There was a picture of the PSS-A50 above.
    I have also dug out my old cherry red 1966 Gibson ES 330 TDC. I bought it with money I earned from mowing lawns. A new ES 330 TDC cost about $2400 now. I need to learn again. Much I still remember but it is difficult to play clean. My fingers seem fatter now or the strings are closer together. The strings also hurt my fingers because I don't have any callouses.

When I was 13 I broke my wrist playing football in the street. I had to stop taking guitar lessons. I couldn't even go out for football because I had a cast on my wrist. I couldn't play the guitar because the cast would scratch my guitar and I could barely hold a pick. However, this is when I learned to play TT. I learned to play left handed because I broke my right wrist. During the time I had my cast on my guitar teacher died. When my cast came off I played high school football. Never really played the guitar after that but I did play TT through my sophomore year in college then school and life got in the way of everything. Couldn't play TT or the guitar. Now skip forward about 45 years.

The Following User Likes brokenball's Post:

JeffM

This user has no status.

TTD Member 1 60
    S
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 60 1

User Info Menu

Aug 2020
    Ukraine
    Read 0 Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffM
    My newest recording

Well done, you did it very well, this is one of my favorite compositions. Thank you!

This user has no status.

J
    This user has no status.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by abroadstudies
    Hello guys, new here from India. This is my first visit to this forum and glad to have joined this community. Yes, I like music and I am passionate about music. Music is a feeling that come from inside and relief. I like to play guitar and piano. Looking forward to this group and thanks for sharing this with us.
    Welcome to this forum! Look forward to seeing videos of your music!

Quote Originally Posted by brokenball
    I bought a yamaha PSS-A50 for my camper. It had to be small and low power and have a midi port. I don't play keyboard yet but I will have time after I am retired. There was a picture of the PSS-A50 above.
    I have also dug out my old cherry red 1966 Gibson ES 330 TDC. I bought it with money I earned from mowing lawns. A new ES 330 TDC cost about $2400 now. I need to learn again. Much I still remember but it is difficult to play clean. My fingers seem fatter now or the strings are closer together. The strings also hurt my fingers because I don't have any callouses.

When I was 13 I broke my wrist playing football in the street. I had to stop taking guitar lessons. I couldn't even go out for football because I had a cast on my wrist. I couldn't play the guitar because the cast would scratch my guitar and I could barely hold a pick. However, this is when I learned to play TT. I learned to play left handed because I broke my right wrist. During the time I had my cast on my guitar teacher died. When my cast came off I played high school football. Never really played the guitar after that but I did play TT through my sophomore year in college then school and life got in the way of everything. Couldn't play TT or the guitar. Now skip forward about 45 years.
    Thanks for sharing your story regarding TT and music! You must have so much memories coming back to you as you play the Gibson again!

Quote Originally Posted by souza13alex
    Well done, you did it very well, this is one of my favorite compositions. Thank you!
    Thank you for your compliment! I will continue to play more pieces and record them.

says Dis donc !!

This user has been banned. 219 312
    M
    says Dis donc !!

This user has been banned. 312 219
    Hey jazz bassist here ! no music degree mostly self taught since more than 30 years, been growing in music-centric family with all kinds of instruments so I can't even remember what I've used first to express myself hahaha, all I can say is I was very young. And all I can say is the first thing I was singing was jazz walking bass lines ! so naturally with bass I started with the blues, then as I got a solid sense of rhythm all the african-american culture came down on me: soul, funk, Motown, fusion, latin jazz, afro-cuban, etc. I've been playing in various jazz bands, professionally or not, and I'm also teaching electric bass guitar at all levels.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUc2w260Xuo" target="_blank">

The Following 4 Users Like Music&Ping's Post:

JeffM, Suga D and 2 others

This user has no status.

TTD Member 7 35
    C
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 35 7

User Info Menu

Jan 2021
    France
    Read 0 Reviews