Andro Rasanter R48 - Suitable for whom

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
I have played with R53 which has the same technology as R48.

I enjoy the spin potential of R53 (almost comparable to H3 boosted). It doesn't feel hard at all due to the soft topsheet. It makes it extremely easy to lift backspin or save a ball below the table. The 53 degree sponge is easy to break in making counterlooping very confident.

I would imagine R48 would feel a bit soft on the FH side. My guess is that R48 is for controlled loopers whereas R53 is for aggressive loopers.

Hi guys,

who of you has ever played the Rasanter R48 and can say who the rubber is suitable for?

Maybe you can also write something about advantages and disadvantages? :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Oct 2016
Read 5 reviews
It depends.
People use different type of Wood
Maybe more bh rubber
But I dont even want to try.

Last edited:
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I gotta agree with SFF_lib on R53... I saw 53 in the name and immediately said NO. Just No. Sergey Scoobie Doo had a sheet of it on a P900 blade... amazingly, like SFF_lib says, the topspheet is more supple and overall, it feels less than 50 for hardness… so I could make opening topspins vs an underspin easy enough.

I thought that was gunna be a real weak spot.

R48 does a lot of the same things a sheet of MX-P does once the tuner dies down. A control player can do well with R48, so can an offensive juggernaut.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
I gotta agree with SFF_lib on R53... I saw 53 in the name and immediately said NO. Just No. Sergey Scoobie Doo had a sheet of it on a P900 blade... amazingly, like SFF_lib says, the topspheet is more supple and overall, it feels less than 50 for hardness… so I could make opening topspins vs an underspin easy enough.

I thought that was gunna be a real weak spot.

R48 does a lot of the same things a sheet of MX-P does once the tuner dies down. A control player can do well with R48, so can an offensive juggernaut.

After 10+ years of using tacky rubber on FH, R53 is the first ESN rubber that makes me feel it is comparable to H3 boosted in all aspects.

R48 can be another spin monster. But I have a feeling that R48 pairs well with a hard blade.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
What exactly is the difference with the R47?
There is not a lot of info about it from the manufacturer.

According to Andro it should be a R47 with a different sponge that has the "Energy Cell" Technology which is used in R53. But what does that mean?

Psychological reinforcement.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
After 10+ years of using tacky rubber on FH, R53 is the first ESN rubber that makes me feel it is comparable to H3 boosted in all aspects.

R48 can be another spin monster. But I have a feeling that R48 pairs well with a hard blade.

I got a couple sheets of H3 national coming in from the Korean DHS distributor with some tuner. I am simply gunna say no to both and let TTD member ERM figure out who can use those rubbers and how.

As for me... Der_Echte just KNOWS he is nowhere good enough with the kind of FH stroke and impact to use H3 in any size shape or form.

On BH, I can use it and use it well, but I got SO DAMN MANY control rubbers I can use on BH and maybe keep it on the table a little more and still pressure opponent with quality shots that I also say no to H3 on wing too, even if it is usable to me there.

I am glad that you, SFF_lib were able to use H3, enjoy it, and still survive without a permanent arm sling. I do not believe I could do what you did and live to tell the tale.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
According to Andro it should be a R47 with a different sponge that has the "Energy Cell" Technology which is used in R53. But what does that mean?

I haven´t had the chance to play with R48 and compare it directly, but it should be a matter of days.

The Energy Cell sponge of the R53 enables to gain the advantages of harder sponges (more spin in accurate strokes) without the main disadvantage of being much more "unforgiving" and stiff.

In fact, the R53 does - as andro claims - feel softer than you´d expect from a 53 degree sponge. On other rubbers, this is achieved with a softer topsheet, but not here.

So in theory the R48 will be spinnier than R47, should feel softer (45? 46?) but not as a result of a mushy topsheet.

I am looking forward to trying it a lot actually.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
So in theory the R48 will be spinnier than R47, should feel softer

And it does.

The R48 repeats the trick that R53 performs so well. It enables more spin than R47, yet feels softer, however not bouncier - so on passive shots it will not do anything unwanted, while on active shots it adds some extra power.

I recommend this to anyone playing with a rubber around the 47,5 sponge hardness mark now, looking for a slightly softer feeling without going all the way to 45 degree rubbers like HeXer Grip. While I do like HeXer Grip for what it is (soft, yet spinny, precise and controllable) the R48 is a different beast altogether.

For the moment, there is no away from the table testing due to the circumstances, but knowing R53 I can suspect that R48 will have all the power needed for a topspin game from mid distance.

So should you make the change from R47?

I wish andro had made the choice easier by selling R48 at the same price. With 10 Euro more per sheet, I still feel it is a perfect option for both sides of my racket as I have indeed been looking for a rubber with R53 characteristics, yet one that isn´t as demanding.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
And it does.

The R48 repeats the trick that R53 performs so well. It enables more spin than R47, yet feels softer, however not bouncier - so on passive shots it will not do anything unwanted, while on active shots it adds some extra power.

I recommend this to anyone playing with a rubber around the 47,5 sponge hardness mark now, looking for a slightly softer feeling without going all the way to 45 degree rubbers like HeXer Grip. While I do like HeXer Grip for what it is (soft, yet spinny, precise and controllable) the R48 is a different beast altogether.

For the moment, there is no away from the table testing due to the circumstances, but knowing R53 I can suspect that R48 will have all the power needed for a topspin game from mid distance.

I wish andro had made the choice easier by selling R48 at the same price. With 10 Euro more per sheet, I still feel it is a perfect option for both sides of my racket as I have indeed been looking for a rubber with R53 characteristics, yet one that isn´t as demanding.

Thanks for the review
Does R53 loses perform fast like MXP due to boosting wearing off? (I assume R48 might be similar since is the same type of sponge)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Thanks for the review
Does R53 loses perform fast like MXP due to boosting wearing off? (I assume R48 might be similar since is the same type of sponge)

Not that I am aware of after 3 months of playing. Andro rubbers are usually made of high quality. No strong smell like that in MXP.

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

On http://www.dandoy-sports.com R48 is 37.55 Euro as of now. It says it is on sale from 49.55. And what you wrote got me to order two sheets to try it. It was time for new rubbers anyway. :)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2019
Thanks for the review

I played with R53 about 6 weeks and then switched to a new sheet (at that time last year playing about 6 hrs per week). I felt that at the 4 week mark it lost some 'pop'...but nothing super significant, still extremely playable. Topsheet held up great. It would be interesting to see if anyone really played 'continuously' with a single sheet for longer than 8 or 12 weeks (training at least 4 hrs per week).

For my nose, R53 was the strongest smelling factory booster only behind H3 Neo. I have not played MXP.
Maybe it was due to getting the rubber immediately when the local store got their shipment, I'm not sure. Obviously smell sensitivity is an individual thing.

If R48 is using the same 'formula' it should have a strong smell unless you are already very used to booster/voc type smells. (i don't boost or use VOC glues)

Opening up Stiga DNA H, Joola Rhyzer 50 Pro, joola dynaryz AGR, Dignics 09c, HExer powergrip, Vega X all had much less booster smell.

Reactions: shinshiro