Andro Rasanter R48 - Suitable for whom

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
I agree that there's too soft, too hard and just right for me, but that "just right" is not the same for everybody and it can depend on what you pair it with and it can also evolve with your increasing level and physical training, and taste.
I would bet that some pros are hurting the game using rubbers that are too hard.
Hard rubbers will have less grip and not the same spring effect like I said above. It doesn't make any difference whether you are a noob or a pro. Your ability doesn't change the rubber.

For me, on the FH, if I'm using a tension rubber,
Finger nails on a chalk board!!!
Tell us what is tensioned. This is marking crap.
We have been through this before on another forum.

So I'd never play with a tension rubber harder than 48 deg, at least right now. But a 53 deg Chinese tacky rubber, yes, because it's a whole different ball game.
But then the soften their rubbers up with speed glue or boosting. Tacky top sheets help with the grip.

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
I play (well, would if there were play) R48. And I’ve played R53 before.

Rubber is as rubber does. Then again, R48 and R53 are not just “This one goes to ELEVEN! That’s ONE LOUDER!” different - they’re just different.

I loved the soft feel of R53. R48 feels firmer. Make no mistake, you feel the beast below that softness in R53 and the first few counterloops with it are terrifying. In a good way.

I’m still a bit sore for towly rekking it so soon, and regret the sense of caution that turned me towards R48. Which is a fine rubber and plays well, but I had already grown to like the jazz of R53.

“Just right”, it’s a strange thing. Fastarc G1, that’s just right. R48 is a notch north of just right, but R53 again felt just right, even though harder sponged - for me, not being a pro spoiling the sport like that young rascal Gauzy.

Reactions: thomas.pong
says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
R53 has a thinner top sheet, R48 is similar,
for example, (figures are just as an example not necessarily correct)
If R47 with 2.0mm sponge, has pimples 1.5mm long and thickness of flat surface of top sheet is 0.5mm
R48 / R53 2.0mm sponge, 1.5mm pimples and thickness of flat surface of top sheet is 0.4mm. 0.1mm thinner than R47’s
Thats a 20% reduction compared to R47’s ‘flat top sheet’

This is where the manufacturers can make the ‘rubber’ feel softer and more elastic, they can also adjust pimple diameter, composition of the rubber etc
I’m pretty sure that both R48 and R53 have had the ‘thickness of the flat surface’ thinned down, so they both feel fairly soft.
Thinning the ‘flat surface’ also allows them to increase sponge thickness.

I have R48 in 2.0mm on a couple of blades, if feels fine to me, it’s been a while since I used R53, which for me was just brutal if your technique was off, R53 still felt soft when brush looping.
As BB mentioned, I agree that harder sponges need a tackier top sheet, to help with control. Especially for the likes of myself, intermediate players etc
i actually struggle with non tacky rubbers with sponge hardness of 50 degrees and up!!! My errors get ‘exaggerated’ !!! 😂😀

Reactions: thomas.pong
says Rozena! You complete me.
Mar 2021
After gluing R48 on my bat for three weeks and letting it sit pretty inside my cabinet, I finally took it out to play last weekend. In total, I've had just six hours of play time with it. My first impression as such:

1. Fast. It is fast. Good for drives and smashes.
2. It has immense trampoline effect. Drive is a pleasure and with a little effort will produce a huge reaction ( non-linear force ). The trampoline effect is on par with Tibhar's MX-P or slightly better.
3. If one were to engage core ( or add a little bit more waist twist ) the ball fly away like a rocket.
4. Somehow I find my old Donic Bluefire M1 is more loopy or in another word, it may have a comparable grippier surface ( M1 > R48 )

My unqualified conclusion:
A) R48 If you like to play fast paced game with smash / drive / counter-drive / active block

B) Other ESN / Tensor like M1 if you like to loop or play spinny top-spin game.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
After gluing R48 on my bat for three weeks and letting it sit pretty inside my cabinet, I finally took it out to play last weekend. In total, I've had just six hours of play time with it. My first impression as such:1. Fast. It is fast. Good for drives and smashes.2. It has immense trampoline effect. Drive is a pleasure and with a little effort will produce a huge reaction ( non-linear force ). The trampoline effect is on par with Tibhar's MX-P or slightly better.3. If one were to engage core ( or add a little bit more waist twist ) the ball fly away like a rocket.4. Somehow I find my old Donic Bluefire M1 is more loopy or in another word, it may have a comparable grippier surface ( M1 > R48 )sMy unqualified conclusion:A) R48 If you like to play fast paced game with smash / drive / counter-drive / active blockB) Other ESN / Tensor like M1 if you like to loop or play spinny top-spin game.

If that is your response, your spin contact is suspect. Nothing is more loopy than R48 if you make the right kind of spin contact. You can make the ball do amazing things, crazy amounts of curve. So, my guess is, this has much more to do with your level than with anything else, which is also why equipment reviews off the internet without knowing who is giving their opinion can be very misleading. Look for Airoc's comments and reviews about R48. He does a pretty good job of explaining some of the nuances about the rubber.

Last edited:
Mar 2021
It can be loopy if my positioning and contact point is correct. However, the point I want to emphasize is that due to its high trampoline effect, if the ball is coming back high with not too much back spin, one can power through the spin with a powerful drive. And I love this particular property of this rubber, i.e., the high trampoline effect.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 3 reviews
@Gozo

I think that open up is not that good to judge rubber's features. It seems that you relied on the grip and catapult of freshly glued new rubber. You should be prepared for open up at the same time you partner pushed the ball. Because you were late, you had no time to topspin. So you just used your under arm. Unfortunately I couldn't get the idea of that rubber was not loopy, from your video.

Maybe you are playing too springy or quick combinations that causes you to make more mistake at footwork, or makes you anxious because you are not sure if the ball that you previously played lands onto table.