Andro Rasanter R48 - Suitable for whom

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
MXP's smell is quite strong too.

I put 2 layers of seamoon oil on my R53. It curls up unbelievably. It took 3 days to flatten.

I think that's why R53 feels quite similar to boosted H3. Both sponge responds really well to Chinese booster.

I played with R53 about 6 weeks and then switched to a new sheet (at that time last year playing about 6 hrs per week). I felt that at the 4 week mark it lost some 'pop'...but nothing super significant, still extremely playable. Topsheet held up great. It would be interesting to see if anyone really played 'continuously' with a single sheet for longer than 8 or 12 weeks (training at least 4 hrs per week).

For my nose, R53 was the strongest smelling factory booster only behind H3 Neo. I have not played MXP.
Maybe it was due to getting the rubber immediately when the local store got their shipment, I'm not sure. Obviously smell sensitivity is an individual thing.

If R48 is using the same 'formula' it should have a strong smell unless you are already very used to booster/voc type smells. (i don't boost or use VOC glues)

Opening up Stiga DNA H, Joola Rhyzer 50 Pro, joola dynaryz AGR, Dignics 09c, HExer powergrip, Vega X all had much less booster smell.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
My R48 should arrive tomorrow. And I should get to see how they play by the weekend at latest. So it will be fun to see how they feel to me.

It arrived today, I put it on, and I got a chance to try it out. It feels really nice to me. The sponge is interesting. Every so often if you contact a certain way, you get this feeling of deadness like on soft contact. But it is a really easy rubber to use. And it feels really good with that soft topsheet. It grabs the ball really well. It was very easy to get used to.

Reactions: KM1976
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Carl, does the top sheet feel like the one on Stiga DNA? Or even softer?

I have no idea what DNA feels like. But the topsheet feels soft. To me, that causes it to feel pretty good. And I had no trouble using it for both FH and BH. Because of the topsheet it feels like it is about as soft as T05. But if you are paying attention you can feel that the sponge is harder than T05 and the topsheet is softer.

The fact that the sponge has that, not bouncy at all on soft contact, and then nice catapult on stronger contact is interesting. I like it. But every so often my contact was not precise and I got the response for no catapult on a stronger shot. But it is really easy to use the sponge and topsheet to get really nice shots with a minimum of effort just by how you pop into the ball. So, I am glad I decided to try these.

And I got to compare it to R47 since my sister has that on her racket. R48 feel softer but is considerably more dynamic, and more gears as a result of the dual action sponge.

Last edited:
Reactions: trumpet_guy
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Oct 2016
Read 5 reviews
What. 05 is definitely Harder than Rasanter R47 and you said Rasanter 48 is softer than Rasanter R47.
Thats all I dont want make people feel disrespected

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
In the Japanese review on page 1, Rasanter R48 is said to feel like 44, 45 degrees.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
What. 05 is definitely Harder than Rasanter R47 and you said Rasanter 48 is softer than Rasanter R47.
Thats all I dont want make people feel disrespected

I said the topsheet is soft and that, even though the sponge is not so soft, the rubber feels soft because of the topsheet. That is R48. R48 is harder than R47 but feels softer.

To me, T05 felt softer yesterday than R47. How it feels and what the durometer of the sponge are, are not the same thing. On my sister's racket was R47 and T05 so I got to feel all three rubbers at the same time. And everyone feels things a little differently than anyone else.

So feel free to act like what you feel in your hand is science. But I don't want to disrespect anyone either. :)

Last edited:
Jan 2018
Other than the softer feel despite the harder sponge, the most notable difference from R47 is the higher amount of spin and the more curved trajectory. R48 plays as if the shot would land while R53 would go long if he plays with the same stroke and so R48 is easier to handle than R53. For R47, he needs to grab the ball before it flies away as the dwell is shorter, whereas R48/R50 are automatic - grab, bite and fly away. R48/R53 are easier and better for opening backspin. R47 flies straighter, which makes it better for speed, for those with higher swing speed. For chiquita, R48/R53 bite the ball just a tiny bit more.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Other than the softer feel despite the harder sponge, the most notable difference from R47 is the higher amount of spin and the more curved trajectory. R48 plays as if the shot would land while R53 would go long if he plays with the same stroke and so R48 is easier to handle than R53. For R47, he needs to grab the ball before it flies away as the dwell is shorter, whereas R48/R50 are automatic - grab, bite and fly away. R48/R53 are easier and better for opening backspin. R47 flies straighter, which makes it better for speed, for those with higher swing speed. For chiquita, R48/R53 bite the ball just a tiny bit more.

I have not felt R53. But that sounds very much like what I felt from R48. And I could make hook loops have a crazy curve with the R48. Easy to get a lot a lot of spin and bend the arc of the ball.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019

Thank you.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
"Reviews" are coming in, or rather statements, interestingly diverse from different parts of the spectrum.

One player (third league Germany) is very impressed by the performance of this rubber. He previously played MX-P 50, so he should know something about performance ;)
Despite his skill level, R53 was not for him.

A friend of mine (local low league) has long been looking for a rubber to pair with his much loved old Johansson blades. Nothing really worked. If the rubbers were able to compensate the lack of speed in the plastic ball era, they were a bit too hard to handle for him. With R48 he says the feeling that he loves is finally back.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I received R48 about 3 weeks ago. It still plays well. But I can feel the sponge becoming less dynamic.

Also, something I noticed with this sponge: different impacts, different depths of contact cause the ball to do very different things. Like if you try and brush thin while looping backspin, the throw is very low, and if you loop with deep impact on a ball with incoming topspin that is strong, the ball can fly at any number of angles.

I guess some would describe this as non-linear. I just have never played with a rubber that is as "non-linear" (if that is what that means) as R48.

I still like it. It still feels pretty good. But, it is worth knowing that how the ball comes off the topsheet is sometimes not predictable and you have to be more precise with your contact than with most rubbers I have used.

Last edited:
Reactions: Der_Echte
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I think if rubber is not playing with the same quality after 3 weeks.... Its not worth anything.

Yep. That is why I wanted it out there. It still plays okay. But when it was out of the packaging it felt amazing. And it feels like a decent rubber, but not amazing.

Also, I am one of those people who is fine with MXP after the boost effect wears off. I actually may like it more after the boost effect is gone. But R48, it does not feel as good as it did the first two weeks. :)

I can still play it and it will be fine for my needs. But......worth knowing it fades like that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gekko
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
Hello. May I ask,

Is the R48 a thin topsheet - thicker sponge combination?

In lower gears, is the spin comparable to T05fx?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Hello. May I ask,

Is the R48 a thin topsheet - thicker sponge combination?

Yes.

In lower gears, is the spin comparable to T05fx?

I generally think the newest ESN rubbers finally equal the spin potential of the t05 variants, but the Energy Cell sponge used on R53 and R48 even puts something on top.

R48 is a fantastic rubber - controllable for lower league players (who will not get the maximum out of it, but also do not suffer from lack of control) yet suitable for professional needs. My 2nd league friend made the change from R50 since he likes the softer feeling of R48 with no loss of spin and overall performance. And we´re talking about a run of the mill rubber, no mythical pro player selection whatever.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
Thank you for your reply Airoc.
I've tried the R47 before. It's a fast, bouncy and spinny rubber especially when you engage the sponge. Similar to the O7P, when you engage the sponge the spin comes. The topsheet feel more to medium to medium soft.

But on serves and lower powered shots, I prefer the Barracuda, Hexer, FXS, T05, T05FX and D05.

Not counting Chinese or tacky topsheet rubbers. I feel D05 is really up there in terms of spin. While there are currently no FX versions of the Dignics. I guess I am secretly hoping the R48 to be a softer Dignics and not too far off in terms of spin. (Both on lower and higher gears). I am also ok, and actually prefer if it has lesser speed/power compared to D05.

From what I read. R48 has a softer topsheet and has more spin than R47. I have also tried the V11 Extra, very accurate drives and good grip. Insensitivity to spin is great for receives and positional change. The spin comes only if you engage the sponge. But in no way are the spins in the top level IMO.
Yes it is slower compared to the MX-P and similar fast rubbers. But with the toned down speed, is more than adequate for me. The marketing is right when they said it's a toned down V15 Extra. Or rather, the middle V15 that we always wanted (NOT V15 Stiff).

Coming out almost the same periods, I hope the R48 is not a variation of the V11.
Your comment on recent ESN offerings has got me excited nevertheless.

Last edited: