Looking for "not-head-heavy" blade

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2019
Hello, this is my first post in the forum.

My last blade was a DHS PG7, and it was not only heavy overall (what would be no problem if balanced), but very head-heavy. It's sadly broken now.
I have a problem in my elbow and shoulder, and I think that the blade may be one of the factors here, making me using more force in elbow and especially on the shoulder.
I really don't like the experience with PG7 for two things: sweet spot was very small and head-heavyness.

My last rubbers was two Rakza 7, which I like it, but would like to have more speed and directness on the shot.
I am an intermediate player, maybe 1700-1800 on USA scales, very agressive playstyle, both wings.
I enjoy to open the game and finish asap, don't like to be very passive, but very active in the game.

Now I'm looking for a blade with the center of gravity more close to the middle or handle, maybe a lighter one too. Could be a 5ply too. Any ideas?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2019
According to the specifications, Tibhar Lebesson perhaps for its compact size head and longer handle. Weight is 85±5g.

Like that. The price is also very good.
Would have much difference in the weight balance from ST and FL version on this blade?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
For a different way of thinking this through:

You could go onto one of the thread where a blade maker is posting about his blades, from this site:

hipnotic (that is how he spells it): https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/showthread.php?19018-SDC-Handmade-Blades

bobpuls: https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/showthread.php?11808-Create-your-own-blade

GingaNinja: https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/showthread.php?14416-Homemade-table-tennis-blade

Choose one. Tell the blade maker exactly what you are hoping for. And one of them will likely be able to make a blade exactly to your specifications. :)

Reactions: splasher78
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Unfortunately all rackets are head heavy. Lighter blades sometimes feels even more so because most of the weight is saved from the handle...

A longer and beefier handle mask some of the head heavy sensation.

Counter-weight at the end of the handle will go even further. Search "beast mod" here, wrap a couple of layers of lead tape, or simply glue some coins on the end.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Unfortunately all rackets are head heavy. Lighter blades sometimes feels even more so because most of the weight is saved from the handle...

A longer and beefier handle mask some of the head heavy sensation.

Counter-weight at the end of the handle will go even further. Search "beast mod" here, wrap a couple of layers of lead tape, or simply glue some coins on the end.

This is why I recommended a blade from one of the guys who make custom blades. It is easy for them to use heavy wood for the handle to make the blade handle heavy and still a weight of the OP's choosing.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
This is something I always discuss with the customer. Certain compositions are naturally more heavy, that means that not a lot of weight is reserved for the handle. If a more exotic handle is desired, there is no other option than to hollow out the handle. So, a decision has to be made:

- Solid handle with light wood -> Medium balance, medium weight
- Solid handle with heavy wood -> Low balance, higher weight
- Hollow handle with light wood -> Higher balance, lower weight
- Hollow handle with heavy wood -> Low balance, medium weight