Dignics 05 review 2.1mm

says Not for sale, I liked it actually
May 2018
This rubber needs to be boosted. Without boost it feels dead. Away from the table you will end up in the net.

Boosting formula using falco tempo long.

1 layer. meh
2 layer, better but still meh. Shots still sometimes weirdly goes to the net.
3 medium/thin layers will result with maximum speed and power.
4 medium/thin layers will result in reduce in speed but increase in control. I feel that at 5th layer it will mush up the rubber so don't put more layer than that.

4 layers was an experiment, if I were to do it again it will be 3 layer on FH and MAAYYYBEE 4 layers on BH.

Pros:

- Extremely spinny, the underspin opening is >>> t05. I would say it's at h3 level. My shots are low and spinny on opening which cause a lot of difficulties to my opponent. The ease of use is also better than h3.

- After boosting the feed back on looping feels great. There's this k-cha-poop sound and the ball will fly like rocket with control, curve, and speed. For a top spin rubber, it feels like a brand new t05 (will get to this later)

- The durability and longevity is INSANE. For t05 after the first week or 2, the top sheet will lose a little of grip and the performance will drop a little. That's why all pros change their t05 after 2 weeks. D05 however, plays like new and i'm 4 months in. I clock in 10hrs / week multi balling hard core practice. My falco tempo long also permanently boosted my dignics as well, the boosting effect did not fade. So I guess as long as the sponge is soften by boosting, D05 is good. Unlike h3 where you got good durability, you need to boost it every 2 weeks. D05 have best of both world, insane durability and a 1 time boost done deal kind of rubber.

cons:

- The short game of this rubber is horrid. Spring sponge X activation take too little effort, as many of the reviewers mentioned. I"m at 2150 level (i improve a lot since i got that rating Nov 2019 btw), pushing short with d05 is a nono. You either flick/bannana or push long. You push short you get punish by players that knows how to flick. Period.

- The serves are spinny. However it's difficult to keep the serve low like h3/t05.
- smashing is terrible. For some reason d05 grips the ball even during smashing so the trajectory is unpredictable.

Conclusion:
Insane durability, great top spin rubber, great opening rubber, good flicking/banana flick rubber, terrible pushing rubber, terrible smashing rubber

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
I don't even know what to say to a $100 rubber you need to boost to get the best out of it. Of course it's weaknesses will be fixed with the new 09C $100 rubber the Butterfly just released. SMH.

Reactions: quanghuysk
May 2018
I don't even know what to say to a $100 rubber you need to boost to get the best out of it. Of course it's weaknesses will be fixed with the new 09C $100 rubber the Butterfly just released. SMH.

09c is even harder, might need to use chinese booster or several layers of falco long to make it playable. Even then it will be a very heavy rubber.

I am at a level where I can feel the difference and utilized the advantage of boosted rubber. I should've disclose my level sooner. For normal players, boosting or not doesn't matter.

This user has no status.
I am currently 2139usatt. That said I got it nov 2019. The me right now would've obliterate the me at that time. What rating are you at?
ok so for > 2000 usatt, you might be a pretty good player. I was just laugh a bit because you feel that rubber dead. Don't get me wrong, I didn't want any argument here. It maybe just personal taste like you like boosting and I don't.
btw, I don't have any rating. We don't have that kind here for amateur players.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2011
Used D05. Good rubber but out of the packet it's slower and more controlled than a T05 or one of the speedy ESN hard rubbers thats for sure. Touch is very good and at the table you get a good feeling of bite on the ball but agree with the away from the table throw and speed means things really have to be lifted a bit more with a strong stroke. Boosting the hell out of most rubbers can give good and bad results mind depending how you play and your level or practice and standard.

Last edited:
May 2018
So to sum up the review: buy $37 prov H3 and boost instead of $100 09c and boost. Thanks, maybe you saved people some money.

H3 is not cheaper than butterfly products. There's alot of different H3. H3 itself is a product line like butterfly. Dignics is just 65 dollars if you know where to buy. H3 blue sponge national is at $100 btw.

May 2018
As per Dans review of Dignics 80 is easier to generate pace with than D05. I have used D05 and T05 in past and I currently use D80 on both sides. In terms of speed it’s in between D05 and T05. D05 is probably better suited close to the table.

Never played D80, but without boost d05 doesn't play good away from teh table. That said, if you boost it, that won't be an issue.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I have tried long ago to see what it was all about... and I found out that it is mostly too much a hassle, even if you only have to boost twice during life of rubber.

I think a tuning oil would be great if you have a rubber you like a lot of the topsheet and overall, but the sponge is a little too hard for you... tuner would be a good friend there - one and done.

I think a lot of the modern dynamic rubbers work just fine without extra tuning. At least I seem to adjust my strokes for that.

We can make an argument that certain top end rubbers, like say MX-P, can play even more consistent (and thus overall better) when factory tuner wears out after a few weeks.

Scoobie-Doo Serge Tsos seams to heavily agree on that point and plays his 2100s level with sometimes 5 yr old sheets of MX-P I gave him from my older test blades I carried around with my in the trunk.

One day, that dude is finally gunna have enough of being a lurker nodding his head at some posts and LOL at others and finally register and comment one day... at least I hope he will.

Reactions: quanghuysk
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Oct 2016
Read 5 reviews
Viscaria special version you mean gold one?
Dignics 05 is more suited for Zlc. This is how I feel.
The throw of zlc is higher and land faster, alc is longer and throw is more forward, with boosted T05 alc setup, is very fast,because the sponge has trampoline effect but im not an expert.
So ALC IS More suited to T05.
Butterfly knows that so they raised their price of ZLC blade.
Sometimes
I think the different surface hardness affects to durability of equipment . There is different material submission so rubber has different tension.. More tension less durability.
This is the biggest reason why players change T 05 very often.
This is why D05 has perfect durability but players need more tension so they change to harder Wood or More stiffer Wood.
I know that D05 is with autotension sponge Technology, so players put 3-4 layers just to add more bounce effect

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Oct 2016
Read 5 reviews
And you dont like it play short with d05 because propably sponge dense? ( sponge density i dont know how to call)
and booster give you too much kick effect..
So we back to Harder blade because
Harder blade + More sponge density= less bounce effect but still more rubber spin.

May 2018
And you dont like it play short with d05 because propably sponge dense? ( sponge density i dont know how to call)
and booster give you too much kick effect..
So we back to Harder blade because
Harder blade + More sponge density= less bounce effect but still more rubber spin.

I tried D05 without boost, 1/2/3/4 layer over a period of time. Even without boost d05 short and smash is horrid. If opponent push short, just forget about giving short back, you push long/flick take a step back and rally.

My viscaria is not the gold version; it's the version cnt uses. I have a normal viscaria and it plays nothing likes it. The special version is just more bouncy and heavier. It takes significantly less effort from me to generate a quality shot from the special version compare to the normal version. I've tried many commercial versions they all play roughly the same. The special version just plays differently.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2011
I've always been curious about a selected blade or the special production blade. Like being heavier or even with a different construction.

At the league level you play at does it actually make much difference without the skill of the player (CNT member or serious paid team player) that they are intended for or do you think it's more of a confidence and head thing knowing you have been sold a more costly and higher quality selected blade.