Dignics 05 review 2.1mm

says Not for sale, I liked it actually
May 2018
I've always been curious about a selected blade or the special production blade. Like being heavier or even with a different construction.

At the league level you play at does it actually make much difference without the skill of the player (CNT member or serious paid team player) that they are intended for or do you think it's more of a confidence and head thing knowing you have been sold a more costly and higher quality selected blade.

There's a very big difference. That said I am 2139usatt and improving. This goes with the rubber as well. I have a blue sponge provincial h3 i bought from tt11. When compare to my friend's h3 blue sponge national he got from fang bo, it's night and day.

The biggest difference between the pro and commercial equipment is the ability to play far away from the table without effort. The short game and close ~ mid/close distant are almost identity, but the moment it went to >= mid distant the professional equipment will make huge difference.

When I take a closer look at my two viscaria, it doesn't seem the commercial one is built differently. Their plys thickness and composition looks the same from naked eye. So my guess is the pro equipment are just heavier.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2011
Cheers for the thoughts on the blades and rubbers. Always find it interesting on playing level and equipment.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2012
Read 1 reviews
without boost d05 doesn't play good away from teh table.

Just asked a 2600 friend / coach who has been using D05 on BH. He started laughing and said that is pure BS for anyone from around 1850 to 2600 (below 1850, he does not recommend D05). No boosting required till you are 2600+ / playing in a pro-league in Europe / China. His students (one is in the US cadet team) do boost their H3 (if they are H3 users), though.

Not my opinion - I’m not highly rated and nor am I a coach...

May 2018
Just asked a 2600 friend / coach who has been using D05 on BH. He started laughing and said that is pure BS for anyone from around 1850 to 2600 (below 1850, he does not recommend D05). No boosting required till you are 2600+ / playing in a pro-league in Europe / China. His students (one is in the US cadet team) do boost their H3 (if they are H3 users), though.

Not my opinion - I’m not highly rated and nor am I a coach...

That's not the right way to see it. Here's the thing, I"ll obliterate anyone below 2100usatt regardless i use a boost d05 or not. However, if I am playing someone at my level, that boost rubber will give me a small advantage.

E.G there's 2x 2200 player about same level. They are training partners(so they are used to each other style) and their win rate against each other is roughly 50/50. If in tournament, one of the 2200 player decides to boost their rubber before the tourny, that 2200 player will have an advantage over his training partner in that match. Get it?

Everyone have a different boosting formula so find the formula the suits you. In my experience boosting your rubber will give you roughtly 20~30usatt level boost. It's small difference and one could say you could just get better to gain 20~30usatt points; but boosting the rubber to gain 20~30usatt points is effortless work.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2012
Read 1 reviews
That's not the right way to see it. Here's the thing, I"ll obliterate anyone below 2100usatt regardless i use a boost d05 or not. However, if I am playing someone at my level, that boost rubber will give me a small advantage.

E.G there's 2x 2200 player about same level. They are training partners(so they are used to each other style) and their win rate against each other is roughly 50/50. If in tournament, one of the 2200 player boost their rubber, that 2200 player will have an advantage over his training partner in that match. Get it?

All that is obvious. The coach factors that in. All of his students (a few are around 2300-2400. Two are in the US team and have to play really competitive in the team trials / etc to try get into the team each year) play high-stakes game against players of similar level. The coach tells them NOT to boost dignics. They, obviously, boost their H3. He has played high level in China (CNT) and in Europe (top level leagues).

May 2018
All that is obvious. The coach factors that in. All of his students (a few are around 2300-2400. Two are in the US team and have to play really competitive in the team trials / etc to try get into the team each year) play high-stakes game against players of similar level. The coach tells them NOT to boost dignics. They, obviously, boost their H3. He has played high level in China (CNT) and in Europe (top level leagues).

There's a big difference between boosting a FH rubber vs a BH rubber. If let's say someone were to restrict me in a way that I can only boost 1 rubber either FH/BH. I would've choose FH; That is because rarely I have to play away from the table with my BH so D05 on BH without boosting could still be okay. However, it's very likely my FH will go to mid/far distant in a match.

The point of the post is this.

D05
0 layer: default
1 layer: almost no difference
2 layer: small difference compare to default, a little faster a little more dwell
3 layer: significant difference compare to default, it's def faster and dwell more, the arc is also more apparent
4 layer: noticeable difference compare to 3 layer, it's slower but the dwell time is more. The arc is also more apparent compare to 3 layer.

The graph is like a bell curve. and 3 layers seems to be the peak.

If the preference is default the one can play default. But from my experiment 3 layers achieve maximum speed and spin.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2011
When you say obliterate anyone below 2100usatt regardless. what's your actual playing level 2400-2500 or even higher? or is this just a throw away comment or term of phrase to you might not lose to anyone much lower rated but have.

The Dignics range is a strange breed I think. The newer versions seem to add a bit more speed and be a bit more friendly to play with. I think Dan did a review when it first came out saying something like this as well. Very good spin indeed. Boosting or not boosting depends a bit on preference and agree with slevin your coach or feeling if you don't have one.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 3 reviews
in my experience the need for boosting is different for everyone. I know a strong second league player here (just a blind guess, but i think he would be over usatt 2400) and uses unboosted H3 on his Fh. He is quite an EJ amd said that this setup makes his loops very effective, due to the unusual speed-spin ratio and he plays very confidently with it. He plays close to the table, but with a "chicken wing" FH. Far from the table it's not that good ofc, but he says the tradeoff worth it (as he can still give more power far from the table and he can also chop when he is too far.

May 2018
When you say obliterate anyone below 2100usatt regardless. what's your actual playing level 2400-2500 or even higher? or is this just a throw away comment or term of phrase to you might not lose to anyone much lower rated but have.

The Dignics range is a strange breed I think. The newer versions seem to add a bit more speed and be a bit more friendly to play with. I think Dan did a review when it first came out saying something like this as well. Very good spin indeed. Boosting or not boosting depends a bit on preference and agree with slevin your coach or feeling if you don't have one.

I have a very high skill floor, but my skill ceiling isn't high enough because my stroke is not textbook; I am actively trying to fix it (unfortunately i lack a good foundation). My comment meant what it is, I will obliterate anyone below 2100. It would be hard press if they can even get a game out of me in a best of 5 when I"m serious.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2011
You are very confident indeed.... which will hopefully drive you to work even harder on your fledgling game to make it to national titles etc in the future or even play internationally once and if you get the level up.

Last edited:
May 2018
You are very confident indeed.... which will hopefully drive you to work even harder on your fledgling game to make it to national titles etc in the future or even play internationally once and if you get the level up.

I'm confident but i'm not delusional. A national title is possible for me if it's U2xxx. However, internationally? That'll never happen.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2011
You have probably won under 21 state titles already and or senior titles I guess?. We have similar County titles over in the UK. You will probably make regional champion as well U21 and then senior easily. Especially with the high top end ceiling you say you have and the great quality in performance, practice and training partners. I've digressed from the thread a bit unfortunately sorry but would be interested to know your titles won etc. You have won titles? Cheers

Last edited:
May 2018
You have probably won under 21 state titles already and or senior titles I guess?. We have similar County titles over in the UK. You will probably make regional champion as well U21 and then senior easily. Especially with the high top end ceiling you say you have and the great quality in performance, practice and training partners. I've digressed from the thread a bit unfortunately sorry but would be interested to know your titles won etc. You have won titles? Cheers

I never put other people down, i only bolst and i back it up though. I recall a guy who tried to be smart end up got kicked out from his own club. I think his alias was allahpong and his name is davis? i forgot; i don't tend to remember unimportant stuff vividly. I only know about this because I was thinking of buying that club out.

Tt is not the only thing i'm good at, i'm good at whatever I choose. Everyone wants to be me. It's always better to be overconfident than not anything. Work and improve on yourself > try to drag others down. Inferior individuals tends to drag people down because they lack the ability to climb. I hope my wisdom reaches you. You are welcome.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2011
I never put other people down, i only bolst and i back it up though. I recall a guy who tried to be smart end up got kicked out from his own club. I think his alias was allahpong and his name is davis? i forgot; i don't tend to remember unimportant stuff vividly. I only know about this because I was thinking of buying that club out.

Tt is not the only thing i'm good at, i'm good at whatever I choose. Everyone wants to be me. It's always better to be overconfident than not anything. Work and improve on yourself > try to drag others down. Inferior individuals tends to drag people down because they lack the ability to climb. I hope my wisdom reaches you. You are welcome.

I wasn't putting you down if you think that. You are an up and coming young player.. kudos. I was actually being serious honestly about asking about your results etc. It's a positive thing, not a negative. I wanted to know about them because when you have the drive to fight soo hard only good things to come. In the end having someone wishing you the best isn't clever it's respect from a senior player.

I also get where you are coming from with a different skill set. Mine is also pretty varied to say the least.

Good luck my friend I hope you make it. Cheers

May 2018
I wasn't putting you down if you think that. You are an up and coming young player.. kudos. I was actually being serious honestly about asking about your results etc. It's a positive thing, not a negative. I wanted to know about them because when you have the drive to fight soo hard only good things to come. In the end having someone wishing you the best isn't clever it's respect from a senior player.

I also get where you are coming from with a different skill set. Mine is also pretty varied to say the least.

Good luck my friend I hope you make it. Cheers

Unless i'm misunderstood what seniors means. How would one win U21 then win the seniors? Seniors are over 60 right? how would one be under 21 years old and over 60 years old at the same time =).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2011
You may be misunderstood I think but that's ok... It may mean something different in the US. No big problem mind. You would struggle to win both agreed.