Established TTD Member Country: UK

Equipment:
      Blade Yinhe 896, Yinhe Earth 3 (e-3)
      Forehand Rubber Yinhe Jupiter 2,Gewo Nexxus Pro 38
      Backhand Rubber Yinhe Moon Speed Limited Edition

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 61 Times in 48 Posts
      I remember when I started , I was the same... I wanted advice but my "thoughts" of my game were in a mile apart in terms of reality once I started playing at a club.

Having spent the first 3 seasons ejing , there are some pieces of kit that I wish I had started out with.

There are lots of alternative options to these by the way, but in the main I would contribute all-round blade and control attack rubbers. These are some of my favourites.

Blade: all-round category : Yinhe 896 - TTequipment.co.uk, email as not listed currently

Rubbers: control attack category, 1.8 or 1.9 mm, softer end of the scale : Tibhar nimbus sound, Tibhar aurus sound, Joola 325.

For me, Euro style were easier to control, required less technique when starting out and was more forgiving on the shots.
      Ultimately this meant I could get away with more, but as I didn't have access to a coach or time to get one anyway, this suited me.
      Maybe not the best for short term development, but I play for fun being part of a team, not to win trophies.
      Last edited by Medax; 05-17-2020 at 03:42 PM. Reason: Missing info

2. The Following 2 Users Like Medax's Post:

sspark80 (05-17-2020),UpSideDownCarl (05-17-2020)

3. Top | #22
      says Krooklyn District Goon Squad
      Commissioner

Equipment Expert
      Super Moderator Country: United States
      Equipment:
      Blade OSP Virtuoso +
      Forehand Rubber BH:Red Rasanter R48
      Backhand Rubber FH:Black Rasanter R48

Reviews
      Read 11 Reviews
      Liked 14,718 Times in 7,074 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by Medax View Post
      I remember when I started , I was the same... I wanted advice but my "thoughts" of my game were in a mile apart in terms of reality once I started playing at a club.

Having spent the first 3 seasons ejing , there are some pieces of kit that I wish I had started out with.

There are lots of alternative options to these by the way, but in the main I would contribute all-round blade and control attack rubbers. These are some of my favourites.

Blade: all-round category : Yinhe 896 - TTequipment.co.uk, email as not listed currently

Rubbers: control attack category, 1.8 or 1.9 mm, softer end of the scale : Tibhar nimbus sound, Tibhar aurus sound, Joola 325.

For me, Euro style were easier to control, required less technique when starting out and was more forgiving on the shots.
      Ultimately this meant I could get away with more, but as I didn't have access to a coach or time to get one anyway, this suited me.
      Maybe not the best for short term development, but I play for fun being part of a team, not to win trophies.
      This is an excellent post.
      Spin Everything.

4. Top | #23
      This user has no status.

TTD Member Country: Germany

Reviews
      Read 1 Reviews
      Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
      I can recommend the Xiom Classic Offensive S. Price performance is great. Highly recommended for controlled offensive.

5. Top | #24
      This user has no status.

TTD Member

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
      Thanks again to all of you for the great help! Since my Tibhar racket really isn't good for anything anymore, I'll have to get a racket now without the advice of a coach who sees me play.
      I know it would be the best choice to do it that way but the club in my area doesn't open again till at least August and I can't wait that long, since I play almost daily with my brother and friends so I'll have to risk it ;-)
      I think I am gonna go with the Xiom Classic Offensive S, the reviews I read sound really interesting and I think it could fit my style quite good. Would you recommend a combination of the Xiom COS with the Vega Europe rubbers? From what I read the Euros give you good control and thats what I'm looking for without sacrificing too much speed

Cheers everybody!

6. The Following User Likes Niklas Bruns's Post:

Marko (05-17-2020)

7. Top | #25
      says Krooklyn District Goon Squad
      Commissioner

Equipment Expert
      Super Moderator Country: United States
      Equipment:
      Blade OSP Virtuoso +
      Forehand Rubber BH:Red Rasanter R48
      Backhand Rubber FH:Black Rasanter R48

Reviews
      Read 11 Reviews
      Liked 14,718 Times in 7,074 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by Niklas Bruns View Post
      Thanks again to all of you for the great help! Since my Tibhar racket really isn't good for anything anymore, I'll have to get a racket now without the advice of a coach who sees me play.
      I know it would be the best choice to do it that way but the club in my area doesn't open again till at least August and I can't wait that long, since I play almost daily with my brother and friends so I'll have to risk it ;-)
      I think I am gonna go with the Xiom Classic Offensive S, the reviews I read sound really interesting and I think it could fit my style quite good. Would you recommend a combination of the Xiom COS with the Vega Europe rubbers? From what I read the Euros give you good control and thats what I'm looking for without sacrificing too much speed

Cheers everybody!
      That should be a decent setup. Without seeing you play, we can't say more than the fact that that should work and be close enough to what you need. It is not too slow. It is not too fast. I can say that about both the rubbers and the blade.

8. Top | #26
      This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member Country: Europe
      Equipment:
      Blade Stiga Off Classic Legend
      Forehand Rubber DHS Hurricane 3 Neo
      Backhand Rubber Donic Bluefire JP01 Turbo

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 462 Times in 313 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by yogi_bear View Post
      Offensive S but with slow chinese rubbers ir Sweden Extra.
      wanted to clarify what yogi_bear meant by slow Chinese -you were talking about China made euro style rubbers? Like one of Palio Ak47, not like china style classic DHS H3 I suppose?

9. Top | #27
      This user has no status.

Equipment Expert
      Master TTD Member Country: Philippines
      Equipment:
      Blade Xiom Offensive S; Tmount T540; Xiom Vega Euro
      Forehand Rubber Kokutaku 007 Pro; Hurricane 3; Tibhar MX-S
      Backhand Rubber Xiom Omega 7 Hyper; Stiga DNA H; Joola Maxxx 500

Reviews
      Read 77 Reviews
      Liked 2,037 Times in 1,326 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by Simas View Post
      wanted to clarify what yogi_bear meant by slow Chinese -you were talking about China made euro style rubbers? Like one of Palio Ak47, not like china style classic DHS H3 I suppose?
      I have clarified that in my reply. Rubbers like Mars 2, etc.

10. Top | #28
      This user has no status.

TTD Member Country: United States

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts
      If I may throw in my 2 cent, I would not suggest the Tibhar Stratus Power Wood at all if you want control. Mine is the fastest 5 ply blade I have tried and it feels non-linear probably due to it's flex vs speed rating. I think you need a certain amount of stiffness for a fast blade to have control.

11. Top | #29
      This user has no status.

TTD Member Country: Croatia

Equipment:
      Blade DHS Hurricane 301
      Forehand Rubber Tibhar Evolution MX-P
      Backhand Rubber Tibhar Evolution MX-P

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
      Don't know Donic blades so well. But if you want a cheap blade with a lot of feeling, go for DHS Hurricane 301.

Poslano sa mog SM-G930F koristeći Tapatalk

12. Top | #30
      This user has no status.

TTD Member Country: Aaland

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
      If you really want to improve your game on long term, try some cheap AliExpress products such an allwood all-round blade with a tacky rubber on forehand - Kokutaku 868, Reactor Corbor, Yinhe Mercury 2 and a grippy rubber on backhand such as Sanwei Ultra Spin. The racket will cost you less than 30USD.

If you want to be persuaded that you will fastly improve your technique, buy a butterfly carbon blade and 2*Dignics 05/Tenergy/Tibhar MXP etc.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

13. Top | #31
      This user has no status.

TTD Member Country: Scotland

Equipment:
      Blade Butterfly Viscaria
      Forehand Rubber Butterfly Tenergy 05
      Backhand Rubber Butterfly Tenergy 05 FX

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
      Opinions on blades are so subjective. If you're not able to try out other people's bats to see what 'feel' you like, I would recommend an OFF - blade (assuming you have a usual attacking style) that gives you some feeling, some speed but with lots of control. You can get blades like this from the best brands for no more than $40

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12