A Chinese rubber: first blood :)

This user has no status.
Hi all, I just bought a sheet of DHS Hurricane 3 Neo - it's my first acquaintance with Chinese rubbers. I have an immediate question - do all of them have this stench? My room smells, my hands smell, my kitchen smells from the cut-offs of the rubber in the garbage bin :D

Also, any tips for transitioning from an European/Japanese tensor to a Chinese rubber? I tried to hit the ball upwards a few times like I would with a tensor, and the ball just stuck to the topsheet and stopped dead there :O

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2013
Don't forget Chinese sponges need booster to get the full "Chinese rubbers experience".
The NEO is factory tuned but the effect does not last long, you will need to reboost it :)
Rubbers smells from factory or boosters are bad for health, try always to manipulate them in a big room and let your rubber breaths.

That's what my colleagues at work told me an hour or so after I walked into the room with the bat in the case and in my bag! The question was - do you have a sandwich with badly smoked fish in your bag??
Lol. I remember opening it in an air conditioned classroom and evryone was looking for that aweful smell while i was pretending of not knowing what is going on.

Reactions: The_TT_Bat_Guy
Lol. I remember opening it in an air conditioned classroom and evryone was looking for that aweful smell while i was pretending of not knowing what is going on.
Haha I've been there. My classmates thought there was a decomposing rat somewhere in the classroom. So what I do now is I put my racket in a Ziploc Bag first before putting it in the racket case.

Reactions: doppelganger_LT
This user has no status.
Check out the warning on the package! :D
neo.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
I've been using Hurricane Neo 3 for about 5 years and the smell never seemed that bad. I only notice it if I bring it up to my face. I definitely can't notice it by just being in the room of one being opened new. Am I weird? Haha.

-same here. Maybe because of using the same rubber for too long :)