Cornileau Gatien Conquest Absolum Off+

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Depends on your definition of "control". Similar response profile as the Boll but dialed down overall, so yes, it would be more forgiving.

The blade feels sharp and crisp, great feedback on over the table play. But not stiff enough to hold up in hard hitting.

Considering you've been playing professionally for a few years, you might find it a step down from the Boll.

Edit: Conquest and Absolum are different blades, never tried the Conquest.

Last edited:
says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
I'm far from a pro and am a bit surprised to see a pro ask about equipment on a TT forum, where Dunning-Kruger sets the tone. :)

Then again, I'm on that forum too. As for moving from TB ALC to something with a little more feeling/control whilst still retaining high-end power, an inner layer ALC blade like the Andro Treiber CI Off could be just the thing.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
I like the Clipper feel better. But most people I've played with get a boll/viscaria and stop there.

Honestly, when I see "professional table tennis for a few years", I expect someone who has pretty specific preferences. What kind of impact feel are you going for?

If you don't know, buy them all. Nothing satisfies curiosity than knowing.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Once the Egyptian legend El Syeed Lashin was in Dhaka 2017 and inspired by him I tried clipper but that was clipper wrb not CR and that made some improvement indeed. Yes in Bangladesh and nebighering area like Indian players use boll/ Viscaria end mark career. However , I would like to try different.

Definitely worth asking around with coaches and people you train with.

But a blade like the Clipper but more solid and a little faster (still, quite similar) is Xiom Extreme S. The guy I used to get coaching from before my wife passed, my sister still gets coaching from him, Paul David, uses the Extreme S so I have tried it. It feels pretty nice. But I love the Clipper too. I like the versions of Clipper without the WRB, so the handle looks solid (even though there is a hollow space inside the wood). The hollow space is not as extreme as with the WRB version.

So, Clipper or Extreme S. But Extreme S will feel more solid.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Thank you Carl for nice advise. Would it be better if I go for OSP Ultimate II? Better than boll ALC?

Based on your level, what about the OSP Martin? I am not sure the Ultimate II is actually as fast as a Clipper. I have not tried it. But a friend who had the original Ultimate told me the reason he went back to his Clipper was that, from further back he had to work too hard. But I don't know what either the Ultimate II or the Martin play like.

I just think, if you need the power but want extra control and feel, a Martin might be better for you. The craftsmanship and feel of the OSP blades might be better. But it probably won't play too differently than the Extreme S or the Clipper. But since I have not had any of the OSP 7 ply blades in my hand, I can't really know for sure. I have 4 blades from OSP, V-, V'King, a Custom (Limba-Spruce-Ayous-Spruce-Limba) and the V+ [the V+ is what I use]. They all have great feeling. I use the one that makes me the most happy. But I could use any of them. So they make really good products. But a known commodity like the Clipper or Extreme S is still a safe bet.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Oct 2016
Read 5 reviews
Nazmul write to me PM, I can help you with good offer for good rubbers from big company because I got good discount on official site so this is not selling used or new equipment from own stock.
second, maybe you have video of your level. It will be easier.
If you dont want to buy TAZLC, TB ZLC, JMZLC, and you want 7 ply blade.
Stiga Clipper + Stiga Mantra H 1,9 + Stiga Mantra M 1,9 and btw I got discount for Stiga
so you will pay 81 euros. best money/quality

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I would like to try clipper and extreme S as you suggested Carl. Plz advise me appropriate rubber for clipper wood and Extreme S. Once I tried Genesis M in FH and Calibra LT spin BH those were good but not durable. Any better suggestion ?

I know there is a lot on the internet that makes people think differently. By my experience with rubbers on blades is that, rubbers do what they do. Blades do what they do. If you are using an offensive blade and smooth offensive rubbers, the rubber will do what it does on the blade.

I think where people get the idea that some rubbers are not good on certain blades or the opposite is that, they try a rubber they are used to on a blade they are not used to and expect the rubber to feel the same on the new blade as it did on the old blade. But it feels different. That does not mean that when you get used to the combination the rubber won't do what it does even though it does not feel the same.

Chances are, if you played with the new setup long enough (like a year or two) and then tried those rubbers on the old blade, the rubbers on the old blade, the rubbers may feel odd on the old setup. So some of it is just what we get used to. But the rubbers will still grip the ball and propel it out the same way.

So, making a short answer, long to explain why I feel this.....Choose rubbers that are good for you and they will be good on the blade. The more important issue is that the rubbers serve YOUR needs, rather than whether someone arbitrary thinks they feel good on a particular blade.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
If you are playing tabletennis for a living i think you proably have pretty good knowledge What you should use or have people around you that know alot about equipment. People Do know much online But feel you should to be somewhat critical of all the information you get.