Table tennis bat for beginners

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2020
Hi!
I have been lately playing a lot of table tennis but just for fun and giggles. It turned out I love it so much I would like to set up a regular practice and try to improve my skills. I read somewhere that you shouldn't buy Dunlop rackets and guess what? Yeah I have a Dunlop. But that is okay. I have been reading and decided to get a new set of rackets and distinguished three brands I am interested in:

- DHS A4002
- Palio Master 3.0
[h=3]- Eastfield Allround[/h]Did I pick right? Which of those would be the best for an amateur but the one who really wants to get better and is dedicated to practice?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
I bought the [h=1]Palio Expert 3.0 Table Tennis Racket & Case - ITTF Approved, Beginner Ping Pong Bat[/h]from Amazon.com for my wife at the recommendation of one of the web sites. I myself have 10 other rackets so I can compare. This racket is pretty good, not too fast, and the rubbers seem to be good quality. So I'd go for that one first for maybe the first year and then depending on the game you want to play, buy a faster or slower bat with different rubbers later. There is a lot of info on Youtube and web sites about the pro's and con's. E.g. look up pingsunday.com, there are some articles about bats and rubbers.
Note that for about $70 you can "build your own" if you order from say princett.com or tabletennis11.com.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2019
Much better for you would be to buy blade and rubber seperetly, premade bats are usually not as good. What is your budget?

Premade bats are usually made so you can't het the rubbers of after they are dead and you have to buy new bat. If you buy a blade and rubbers seperetly and glue them yourself (in some shops you have option for free racket assembly) you can peel the rubbers of and you have a blade on which you can glue new rubbers when you want to.

So if you buy some allround blade, there are plenty to chose from for 20 - 30 euros (even less if you want to order some cheaper blades from aliexpress) and some controlable rubbers, also around 20 euros, it would cost you 60-80 euros and you would have a setup to last 6+ months and after the rubbers die you just upgrade them and get a new ones and glue them on the same blade.

Allround blades mostly reccomended on this forum: Xiom allround S, Stiga allround classic, Donic Appelgren allplay,...
Cheaper alternative: Yinhe 896

Rubbers mostly reccomended on this formu: Xiom vega intro, Yasaka Mark V,...
Cheaper alternatives: Danwei 2008 Xp, Loki rxton 1, Yinhe Mercury II,...

Those are mostly reccomended on this forum, I have wrote cheaper aternatives because I don't know your budget.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2015
There have a lot of option out there but i'm personally prefer as professional ping pong paddles like these Killerspin Jet200 and Palio Master 3.0. Both are great. But for beginners and amateurs, it should be highly stable and cost-effective the JOOLA Infinity Balance.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
I would suggest getting a proper ITTF legal water-based glue (with most of them, it is fairly easy to glue, once you try a few times), and ordering these from AliExpress:
- pick a few (2-3) decent blades, I can safely suggest Yinhe Uranus U3 or U2 or U1 VB (watch for the price, they can be significantly variable, under 30$ can be considered good, except for U1 VB, which is a bit more expensive), these are very allround (but on the faster side) and with a good feeling.
- order a few different sub-$20 rubbers (Friendship/729 Focus III Snipe (~16.5$/sheet), Sanwei Target 90 (~$15/sheet), or even super budget ones like Meteor 813 ($13/pair) or Reactor Tornado V5 (~$10/sheet))

Get a sharp scalpel a good cutting board, a rubber roller and go glue ;) (you may also want to watch a few videos of others doing that)
You can also buy blade lacquer and edge tapes, of course.
Once you feel more confident about your racket assembling skills, you can safely experiment with more expensive equipment.