FREE to View: 30 Coaching Tutorials in 30 Days

says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
Hi everyone!

I'm making 30 coaching tutorials in 30 days, starting yesterday, covering a number of foundation techniques with some basics and some useful tips and analogies to get everything into the best shape it can be. Hope you will follow along and find some of these useful!

Day 1: Forehand Loop Against Backspin

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
Hi Matt. Really enjoying the daily videos and particularly ones covering unusual topics such as returning half long serves or minor adjustment of serve placement. I have been trying to master the reverse pendulum on my outdoor table but the slightest breeze messes up the toss which needs to be perfect. I have switch to trying the hook serve and did not realise you can produce massive top spin by hitting the bottom of the ball. I am sure that this will look like a backspin serve particularly if I drop the bat below the table.

Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
Hi Matt. Really enjoying the daily videos and particularly ones covering unusual topics such as returning half long serves or minor adjustment of serve placement. I have been trying to master the reverse pendulum on my outdoor table but the slightest breeze messes up the toss which needs to be perfect. I have switch to trying the hook serve and did not realise you can produce massive top spin by hitting the bottom of the ball. I am sure that this will look like a backspin serve particularly if I drop the bat below the table.

Yea I'm trying to look for gaps in the 'online curriculum' as it were and fill them, or go into a bit more detail with basics to present some added value.

Honestly, contacting the bottom of the ball for serves is the absolute best way to create deceptive serves, and also creates the most kick on the ball bounce too - kind of a double-down on whatever spin you choose. Highly recommended :D

Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
This is a great video. There is one similar video I remember, but this is better.

Thanks dude, hope you are keeping safe and well right now, I know you must be missing the table a lot! Take care :D

Reactions: NextLevel
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
Great videos Matt. I have subscribed to your YouTube channel as a result.
It makes a refreshing change to see great demonstrations from someone who holds the bat in the correct hand!

Haha, yes correct hand indeed!

Reactions: Basmundo