Nittaku Hurricane Pro 3 Turbo Blue - Boost or No Boost?

It needs boosting, well at least for me because I am using an allwood blade. It is also very hard approximately 42-43 degrees so it does need a booster. Overall it is a great rubber. The main drawback would be the rubbers weight around 85 grams uncut. I recommend that you get the DHS Hurricane 3 Neo Provincial instead.

So I was scrolling through tabletennis11.com when I noticed about the DHS-Nittaku Hurricane Pro 3 Turbo Blue in the online shop. It shows that the rubber is composed of the tacky topsheet of Hurricane 3 and a modified Japanese blue rubber. If I plan on having this rubber, should I boost it or is there no need for a booster?

I have never used it but I have tried it. The sponge is fastarc springy sponge so it doesnt need boosting.

says Not for sale, I liked it actually
May 2018
DO NOT BUY THAT RUBBER.

Trust me it's garbage. Don't buy it.

It's as heavy as a brick, and hard as a brick. It's 2.0mm thick, doesn't play well on boost. It's just a really bad designed rubber..

It's not as fast, not as spinner, and no control compare to the dhs h3. Just go buy the dhs h3 neo 40 degree 2.1mm and call it a day. The turbo blue is complete garbage of a rubber.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
DO NOT BUY THAT RUBBER.

Trust me it's garbage. Don't buy it.

It's as heavy as a brick, and hard as a brick. It's 2.0mm thick, doesn't play well on boost. It's just a really bad designed rubber..

It's not as fast, not as spinner, and no control compare to the dhs h3. Just go buy the dhs h3 neo 40 degree 2.1mm and call it a day. The turbo blue is complete garbage of a rubber.

It’s a good rubber. You have to hit the ball harder. It produces even more spin than the normal H3 neo. You don’t even have to boost the Turbo. I have the turbo on my forehand and the h3 neo on my backhand. I played the h3 blue sponge provincial before the turbo on my forehand.

May 2018
It’s a good rubber. You have to hit the ball harder. It produces even more spin than the normal H3 neo. You don’t even have to boost the Turbo. I have the turbo on my forehand and the h3 neo on my backhand. I played the h3 blue sponge provincial before the turbo on my forehand.

That's not true. It's is 100% not true at all. The turbo blue is in no way more spinnier than the normal h3 neo. OP don't buy it. Trust me. It's garbage.

That's not true. It's is 100% not true at all. The turbo blue is in no way more spinnier than the normal h3 neo. OP don't buy it. Trust me. It's garbage.

What is your skill level? Seeing that many other people do say it's a good rubber (as well as the revspin database), it's very likely that to get the best out of the rubber, you'll need to get to a fairly high playing level and have the right technique for tacky rubbers.

May 2018
What is your skill level? Seeing that many other people do say it's a good rubber (as well as the revspin database), it's very likely that to get the best out of the rubber, you'll need to get to a fairly high playing level and have the right technique for tacky rubbers.

With the right technique you can play any rubber. That rubber is trash, it offers no advantage over h3 neo other than unnecessary weight(it is the heaviest rubber in all existence btw). It's max thickness is 2.0 so it's already consider thin and lack control, on top of that it's heavy and hard as hell.

My playing level? i'm currently 2139usatt I got the nov 2019, the current me would've destroy the me at that time.

No pro uses it, and no one should be using it. If they do it cuz they use it for advertisement. it's a garbage of a rubber, OP do not buy.

/Thread

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Oct 2016
Read 5 reviews
Yup Its not the best rubber.
Quality is perfect
Grabbing ball is too Easy
More rubber for Wood blade maybe its designed for
Acoustic, inner
Or violin, inner

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
You are a turbo blue hater my guy xD I used to play h3 neo provincial blue sponge for 5-6 years on my forehand. TB has more spin but harder feel so you have to hit the full stroke to get the most spin out of it. That’s the benefit of Chineses rubbers in general. If you want a lot of spin with short strokes go for t05 or d05.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
With the right technique you can play any rubber. That rubber is trash, it offers no advantage over h3 neo other than unnecessary weight(it is the heaviest rubber in all existence btw). It's max thickness is 2.0 so it's already consider thin and lack control, on top of that it's heavy and hard as hell.

My playing level? i'm currently 2139usatt I got the nov 2019, the current me would've destroy the me at that time.

No pro uses it, and no one should be using it. If they do it cuz they use it for advertisement. it's a garbage of a rubber, OP do not buy.

/Thread

Your point is that the pros are not using it. That’s ridiculous.

May 2018
You are a turbo blue hater my guy xD I used to play h3 neo provincial blue sponge for 5-6 years on my forehand. TB has more spin but harder feel so you have to hit the full stroke to get the most spin out of it. That’s the benefit of Chineses rubbers in general. If you want a lot of spin with short strokes go for t05 or d05.

H3 is not just one rubber, it's a product line. If you want a slower spinnier h3 then just get a harder version of h3 neo like 41~42 degree non neo oj sponge. There are many choices. The turbo blue is not one of them, it's not really an H3 design by DHS, it's heavy as a brick. Unless OP just wanna use the paddle as dumbbells there's no reason one should be buying turbo blue.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2020
I second scrubplayer on the Nittaku H3. Don’t waste your money on that rubber.
I am a 2400 USATT who has been using DHS H3 (I use bluesponge 41 degree) with booster.
I have tried the Nittaku for 1 month with 6 days/week training w coach and play tournament.
The rubber is super hard and heavy. You probably have to be really athletic to bring out the best of it. I boosted 3 layers - it played ok for 4 days then it WENT BACK to a brick - even worse than the original condition. Pretty weird rubber.
The only good thing is that now I am using it to feed balls when I give lessons. It is perfect for that.
Don’t buy it - it is for commercial purpose. I would not call it trash but it is completely different from regular H3.

Last edited:
I know a guy (sponsored by nittaku) that's maybe equivalent to 2500-2600 and he uses nittaku turbo 3 orange sponge unboosted on fh.

Also this guy (also sponsored by nittaku) also uses nittaku turbo 3 and can play like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RT_hI_S5kiU

Last edited:
Reactions: JustANoob
I know a guy (sponsored by nittaku) that's maybe equivalent to 2500-2600 and he uses nittaku turbo 3 orange sponge unboosted on fh.

Also this guy (also sponsored by nittaku) also uses nittaku turbo 3 and can play like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RT_hI_S5kiU
Since they are sponsored by Nittaku, do you think that the rubbers available commercially are the ones they are using?

Last edited: