My thoughts on Dignics 09c

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
In effective play? What does that mean? I've actually had multiple professional players tell me they feel there are significant differences both in feeling and output shot quality, and I feel the same way myself having done side by side tests. For one, there is less quality, speed and spin with MX-P in the majority of range of shots. Do you have similar experiences suggesting the opposite or are you just spouting off something you read on forums?

No, my experience tells me that "all" players' ability to judge "quality, speed and spin" is biased and unreliable.

Yes, I do agree with you that they feel different, and in this area everyone has there own preferences which becomes narrower as they try more stuff. My experience in this area tells me that the slight difference in feel makes no difference in shot quality. As soon as you take your mind off "XXX-replacement" to "how to do Z with X", most modern rubbers are more similar than different.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
That's depending on level. Even without boost, h3 will bubble within a month. Even if I don't hit hard, if i train with good players where they hit hard and i block it will get bubbled.

My level is probably not that high. So far only 1 H3 bubbled. I have been using H3 for at least 11 years.

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
So are you a pro, or just somebody spouting off on forums?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
So are you a pro, or just somebody spouting off on forums?

No, but I am at a level where I can note differences in performance between rubbers without attributing it to improper technique. Many posters on forums are not, which is why the advice is often "it doesn't matter".

I have had several pro coaches and players use both MX-P (and other ESN rubbers) and Tenergy/Dignics, including some side by side tests. They noted definite differences. Not to say MX-P is an unusable rubber in any way, it's good while boosted, and very serviceable. But it does lack spin and thus shot quality to some degree compared to Tenergy and Dignics, and many might argue that MX-Ps relative lack of stability and ease of usage compared to T/D also make it an inferior rubber. That was the reason for my original post.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
Do Marcos Freitas and Joao Monteiro count as experienced players? They both used Tenergy for many years while being sponsored by TIBHAR despite TIBHAR's insistence on them using MX-P and eventually switched their contracts over to Butterfly due to the disagreement. I might infer from this that they did indeed think the "subtle differences" meant something in "effective play". There are countless other examples of ESN sponsored players secretly using Tenergy. Are there any examples of Butterfly sponsored pros secretly using ESN rubbers?

Again, this may not matter for a lot of us here. Myself included perhaps. But it may to some. It's just not accurate for people to say that all equipment is created equal for everyone, just because, for them, they cannot tell a difference.

Reactions: matzreenzi
says Do you guys have streaks where you are just not playing...
says Do you guys have streaks where you are just not playing...
Jun 2011
Read 6 reviews
No, but I am at a level where I can note differences in performance between rubbers without attributing it to improper technique. Many posters on forums are not, which is why the advice is often "it doesn't matter".

I have had several pro coaches and players use both MX-P (and other ESN rubbers) and Tenergy/Dignics, including some side by side tests. They noted definite differences. Not to say MX-P is an unusable rubber in any way, it's good while boosted, and very serviceable. But it does lack spin and thus shot quality to some degree compared to Tenergy and Dignics, and many might argue that MX-Ps relative lack of stability and ease of usage compared to T/D also make it an inferior rubber. That was the reason for my original post.

Darko Jorgic, Paul Drinkhall, Samsonov, Lebesson and all the Tibhar sponsored pro's seem to do ok with Tibhar.
There is no point arguing that Tenergy feel different and better - to an extent. I think what others are saying is that other rubbers are NOT that much worse, certainly at the amateur levels, and even at pro levels. Pitch recently left butterfly, and had some massive wins (XX) using victas.
And finally, regarding Tibhar is only good boosted to death, as you call it. The same applies to Tenergy. Do you know of any pro player playing unboosted tenergy?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
Do Marcos Freitas and Joao Monteiro count as experienced players? They both used Tenergy for many years while being sponsored by TIBHAR despite TIBHAR's insistence on them using MX-P and eventually switched their contracts over to Butterfly due to the disagreement. I might infer from this that they did indeed think the "subtle differences" meant something in "effective play". There are countless other examples of ESN sponsored players secretly using Tenergy. Are there any examples of Butterfly sponsored pros secretly using ESN rubbers?

Again, this may not matter for a lot of us here. Myself included perhaps. But it may to some. It's just not accurate for people to say that all equipment is created equal for everyone, just because, for them, they cannot tell a difference.

Yes, which is why Freitas and Apolonia left Tibhar for Butterfly when they were required by Tibhar to use MX-P instead of Tenergy 05.

Monteiro as well I believe. Countless examples still, but the Portuguese were the most prominent because Tibhar was unlike other ESN companies for a while in that others turned a blind eye to their pros using Tenergy, and were satisfied if just the blade/blade handle fulfilled sponsorship requirements.

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015

You are making a statement that is imo just as inaccurate by claiming a tiny set of rubbers is best for every player over a relatively low level. To take a pro example, Mima Ito uses fastarc g-1. Of course she is sponsored by Nittaku, but I am quite sure Bty would be delighted to sponsor her if she wanted a change. Would she play better with Dignics?

There is massively more style variation below the 2400 usatt level than among WR pros. To say everyone over usatt 1700 would play better with H3 or tenergy/dignics is ridiculous.

This doesn't change the fact that pros overwhelmingly choose those rubbers. But the vast majority of amateurs who think they play enough like the pros to get the same advantages from their equipment are dreaming.

says .
says .
Feb 2019
Read 2 reviews
I would suggest the following things:

1. rubbers differ in speed, spin, catapult, responsiveness and height of arc
2. nobody in the world (not even ma long) can make the most out of a rubber, because you can do always better!
3. let‘s stop this stupid discussion and come back to dignics09C, which is a wonderful and really different rubber compared to everything I knew before

by the way I got 1850 TTR, which means ~2200 usatt :rolleyes:

Last edited:
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I would suggest the following things:

1. rubbers differ in speed, spin, catapult, responsiveness and height of arc
2. nobody in the world (not even ma long) can make the most out of a rubber, because you can do always better!
3. let‘s stop this stupid discussion and come back to dignics09C, which is a wonderful and really different rubber compared to everything I knew before

by the way I got 1850 TTR, which means ~2200 usatt :rolleyes:

Creek, that is a level 95% do not make in USA, LA and Bay Area of California are calling on you to come over and run the hustle.... or you could simply fly Frankfurt to NYC for the next Goon Squad Meetup.

Edmund Suen will be waiting along with Next Level, Ping Pong Holic, and any other TT terrorists Carl can recruit for a Goon Squad meetup at a large TT club for documentation of TT HISTORY of EPIC PROPORTION. Oh, and sum fat and O50 loudmouth punk might show up wearing a uniform, be ready to correct that dude on the wear of uniform and how to run a chicken and beer round robin.

Last edited:
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
The closest one I could come up with that is sponsored by Butterfly but disses Tenergy/Dignics is Shibaev.

Pg7MkkK.jpg

@41:25, https://tv.ittf.com/video/shibaev-alexander-calderano-hugo/1683278
https://tischtennis-deutschland.tv/...zech-open-2019-shibaev-rus-hugo-calderano-bra

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020

It was at 38:18 for me. I can't believe they kept that clip in but it was gold. Goes to show not all the pros drink the Butterfly koolaid even if they are sponsored. Had to switch the VPN to a german server to see the clip though.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2019

haha I remember the youtube clip of that got taken down...perhaps from the Fury of Butterfly.

Funny, Shibaev did not complain when beating Liam Pitchford (4-2) ranked ~12 in the world (and then Ma Te 4-0) with Dignics.

I mean Hugo at that time was ranked ~7. Granted he was ripped a new b-hole in that match but I don't think you can blame the rubber. Best thing to do there is fake a hamstring pull ;)