My thoughts on Dignics 09c

Dignics 09c was a very hyped rubber I remember first seeing this on LARC where it was originally labelled Tenergy 09c. Fast-forward 2 years and we have what is described as a unique combination of a tacky topsheet with the spring sponge x.

I think many people wondered if this rubber could be the end of needing to boost H3 every 4-8 weeks (depending on level and the amount you play).

During my review I compare the rubber to the following competitors (T05, H3N Blue Sponge and Tibhar MXS)

Spin
Now this was the section I found most interested to find out how did the Dignics 09c stack up to the other competitors. After about 5 hours with the rubber I was certain that this was definitely more spin than MXS. In top gears the 09c offered higher rotation than T05 and H3. The only time T05 came out on top was when you wanted the spin in the lower gears. 09c= 9.6/10 (T05 = 9.2/10, H3 = 9.4/10 & MXS = 9.0/10)

Speed
To be honest I wasn't expecting to be blown away 09c as I knew the downside of tacky rubbers are, they lack speed as the ball stays on the bat longer. This was sort of the case with 9c but not to the same amount of H3 a 09c sponge still feels abit softer than H3(it sits in between MXS and H3). I was impressed by the rubber gave what you put in so in the short game where you didn't use long explosive strokes the ball engaged mainly with the topsheet which helps keep it on the table (which rubbers like T05 struggle with) however when you was attacking or engaging the sponge the rubber become more lively and had more than enough speed to finish off the point. 09c = 8.8/10 (T05 =9.3/10, H3 = 8.6/10 & MXS 9.0/10)

Control
This was another aspect of the rubber that had been hyped not only by pro's changing to this rubber but also all of them stating how much control this rubber has and how this gives them extra confidence during the rallies. I was abit skeptical with these claims but after using this rubber they're totally correct. I felt that the added tackiness seemed to drag the trajectory of the balls flight down on the oppositions side and this allowed me to add more power into my shots. In the short game the tackiness helped keep my receive/push tight. 09c = 9.0/10 (T05 = 7.0/10, H3 = 8.5/10 & MXS = 8.8/10

Final Thoughts
This rubber is a premium rubber that has tons of spin capabilities, very good control and more than enough speed having said this 09c isn't suited to everyone, Beginners and intermediate players should leave this until later on there are better alternatives out there for you. Players that are used to soft sponge rubbers this type of rubber won't give you that same feeling and will require practice to become accustomed to. I do think going forward this will take over T05 as being the benchmark for spin rubbers. Overall rating: Dignics 09c 9.5/10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

says Not for sale, I liked it actually
May 2018
Thanks for your review.

Also poor players who would likely go for H3 series ;)

I dno't understand why people think bty dignics is expensive. A solid h3 provincial is 40 bucks and it will get bubbled within a month if you hit it properly. Dignics 09c lasts longer than that and it doesn't bubble. You also don't have to waste time to boost and reglue(risk damaging the blade cuz it does every time i peel/glue). Dignics is a steal. I've used my d05 since jan and it plays like new after 6 month. What kind of rubber retains brandnew performance after 6 month of use? H3 bubbles in 2 weeks, t05 loses performance in 2 weeks(still very playable), xiom slips after 2 weeks. Dignics is magic. The only time i see a rubber last longer than that is some low level h3 users that isn't powerful to bubble the rubbers, they play their h3 for 6~1 year easily.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2019
I dno't understand why people think bty dignics is expensive. A solid h3 provincial is 40 bucks and it will get bubbled within a month if you hit it properly. Dignics 09c lasts longer than that and it doesn't bubble. You also don't have to waste time to boost and reglue(risk damaging the blade cuz it does every time i peel/glue). Dignics is a steal. I've used my d05 since jan and it plays like new after 6 month. What kind of rubber retains brandnew performance after 6 month of use? H3 bubbles in 2 weeks, t05 loses performance in 2 weeks(still very playable), xiom slips after 2 weeks. Dignics is magic. The only time i see a rubber last longer than that is some low level h3 users that isn't powerful to bubble the rubbers, they play their h3 for 6~1 year easily.

Mate, of you don't think 90 euros for a rubber is expensive you are either rich or mad, my whole bat costs 100 euros and I find it expensive. Salleries in USA are bigger than in my country, but groceries and stuff like that are cheaper in Croatia, table tennis equpment tho has same price, so 100 euros is a lot for me, but some people in more developed countries might think 100 euros is nothing.

Although most people think 90 euros is too much for a rubber and they are right.

May 2018
Mate, of you don't think 90 euros for a rubber is expensive you are either rich or mad, my whole bat costs 100 euros and I find it expensive. Salleries in USA are bigger than in my country, but groceries and stuff like that are cheaper in Croatia, table tennis equpment tho has same price, so 100 euros is a lot for me, but some people in more developed countries might think 100 euros is nothing.

Although most people think 90 euros is too much for a rubber and they are right.

BTY price their product differently. In croatia/china/egypt I believe dignics is priced at 60USD. Which is 40% lower than what americans pay.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews

Not many H3 boosted bubble. Blue sponge has higher tendency to bubble. A piece of orange sponge H3 provincial costs $30 USD and can last at least 6 months. And its top spin and speed are equivalent to any Dignics rubber.

Of course boosting can be a hassle to some. But H3 is still a great choice for people like me because:
  1. I don't mind boosting
  2. I am not that rich

May 2018
Not many H3 boosted bubble. Blue sponge has higher tendency to bubble. A piece of orange sponge H3 provincial costs $30 USD and can last at least 6 months. And its top spin and speed are equivalent to any Dignics rubber.

Of course boosting can be a hassle to some. But H3 is still a great choice for people like me because:
  1. I don't mind boosting
  2. I am not that rich

That's depending on level. Even without boost, h3 will bubble within a month. Even if I don't hit hard, if i train with good players where they hit hard and i block it will get bubbled.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
That's depending on level. Even without boost, h3 will bubble within a month. Even if I don't hit hard, if i train with good players where they hit hard and i block it will get bubbled.
I dont know what to say but i've never seen an unboosted H3 bubble, NEO vary rarely. With boost it happens though.
Also 110usd that that rubber costs in the UK is the price of almost 6 battle IIs which is better than H3NEO and honestly about the same as Prov. Or it is equal to 4 MX-P at TT11.
Its insanely expensive and anyone who doesn't realize that is drinking BTY cool aid. I bought 2 BTY ALC blades and honestly the V-14 PRO is equal in every way at 1/4 price.

Reactions: lukyancheg
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
I dont know what to say but i've never seen an unboosted H3 bubble, NEO vary rarely. With boost it happens though.
Also 110usd that that rubber costs in the UK is the price of almost 6 battle IIs which is better than H3NEO and honestly about the same as Prov. Or it is equal to 4 MX-P at TT11.
Its insanely expensive and anyone who doesn't realize that is drinking BTY cool aid. I bought 2 BTY ALC blades and honestly the V-14 PRO is equal in every way at 1/4 price.

Battle II is better than H3 Neo. LOL!!!

MX-P is an inferior rubber too in pretty much every way to Tenergy/Dignics unless either:

1) You are boosting it to hell and plan to use it for no more than a few weeks.
2) You are at a level where you aren't able to appreciate the differences between MX-P and Tenergy/Dignics. edited

Last edited:
This user has no status.

MX-P is an inferior rubber too in pretty much every way to Tenergy/Dignics unless either:

2) You are sub 1300 TTR/1700 USATT and cannot appreciate the differences between MX-P and Tenergy/Dignics.
I can tell the difference but tbh I think the difference isn't enough for me personally to spend an extra 30ish% on my rubbers. I draw the line somwhere. And a few top 50 players dont use BTY or H3 so clearly not everyone gets stuck at 1700usatt without boosted H3 or BTY

Reactions: jedimasterplk
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
I can tell the difference but tbh I think the difference isn't enough for me personally to spend an extra 30ish% on my rubbers. I draw the line somwhere. And a few top 50 players dont use BTY or H3 so clearly not everyone gets stuck at 1700usatt without boosted H3 or BTY

Key word is a few. And those few are almost all due to sponsorship reasons.

says .
says .
Feb 2019
Read 2 reviews
Weight is quite high and arc is also extremely high. For some it might be too slow, at least for the backhand.
these seem to be the only downsides for some. Others are ok or even love some of these things

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018

2) You are sub 1300 TTR/1700 USATT and cannot appreciate the differences between MX-P and Tenergy/Dignics.

Any experienced player will know the subtle differences between MXP and Tenergy don't mean sh!t in effective play.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
Any experienced player will know the subtle differences between MXP and Tenergy don't mean sh!t in effective play.

In effective play? What does that mean? I've actually had multiple professional players tell me they feel there are significant differences both in feeling and output shot quality, and I feel the same way myself having done side by side tests. For one, there is less quality, speed and spin with MX-P in the majority of range of shots. Do you have similar experiences suggesting the opposite or are you just repeating the typical "equipment doesn't matter" advice?

Last edited:
Reactions: Gwenved