TableTennis11 Weekly Offers

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2020
These last few weeks I've become more aware of the tt11 weekly offers and come Monday I now play a game with myself where I imagine which set-up I'd get this week if I was trying to get something new for relatively little money. If it's something really tempting I might even put it in the basket and see exactly how much it adds up to. Then, common sense luckily prevails and I remind myself that I already have more untried equipment at home than I will ever use.

So, in the spirit of fawning over equipment we never ought to buy, here is what I would get this week from the tt11 weekly specials:

Blade: Tibhar Samsonov Stratus Carbon - 71.18 Euros
FH: DHS Hurricane 8 soft, 2.15 - 22.43 Euros
BH: DHS C8, 1.0 - 10.88 Euros
(Total cost: 104.49)

I love the handle on any of the Tibhar Stratus's and usually try out a carbon blade in the off-season (only to then go back to a 5 ply off- before the season starts), always wanted to try a tacky rubber for a bit longer but don't really want to boost so the Hurricane 8 soft would be interesting, and the medium pips on the backhand would be me finally giving up on my BH as an offensive shot and enable me to fully focus on winning points with my FH whilst having fun trying to figure out how the medium pips behave.

Having thought about it, maybe I will buy it...

Reactions: ronz91
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2020
DHS C8 is a long pip and not a medium pip. It’s got little grip so attacking will be hard. Blocking is excellent and chopping is ok.
Ah yes, I got mixed up there.

In that case I would either change to the DHS G555 for only 11.93 Euros since it's the first time that I have seen a Chinese rubber with the words 'for backhand' written on it. Would definitely be interesting trying out a backhand specific rubber.

Or, and this is the rubber that I originally was thinking about: Nittaku Super DO Knuckle (I like the name!) on the backhand. Not that cheap at all at 29.28 Euros but would love to see how medium pips play.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
I’m actually trying out the regular DO Knuckle this week. Quite slow so if your plan is to attack it’s probably not the best choice. Look at Sato using it and you’ll get an idea how it plays.

FYI - The difference between Super DO Knuckle and DO Knuckle is the pip alignment. Vertical vs horizontal (Super DO). Same rubber and sponge.