Xiom Hugo SAL and 36.5 Deep Impact ALX

Nice review as always yogi. Could you compare Hugo SAL, HAL and 36.5alx if I would like to something more control than viscaria? Do you feel with Omega7 Kuang/ Hyper 2.1mm for this new xiom wood can be use as for both forehand and Backhand side too?

If you like control and feel, HAL is the blade you want to get but if you want something that is the closest to Viscaria but feels softer Nd offers more control, then get the 36.5. Hugo is now using the HAL blade and he used this in the Bundesliga tournament when he won over Timo. I'll post the pic later.

Reactions: OtaruTT
says Hi thanks for your reply. May I know what rubber are you...
If you like control and feel, HAL is the blade you want to get but if you want something that is the closest to Viscaria but feels softer Nd offers more control, then get the 36.5. Hugo is now using the HAL blade and he used this in the Bundesliga tournament when he won over Timo. I'll post the pic later.

Thank you for your advise. Among the two 36.5 ALX and Hugo HAL which rubber and xiom wood that you prefer most? I just check that Hugo Calderano is using the Hugo HAL 94 gram (LATEST INFO):cool: in the Bundesliga tournament:cool::cool::cool: Seem like A QUITE A HEAVY GEAR for PROFESSIONAL PLAYER LIKE HIM WITH 2 HEAVY RUBBER BOTH SIDE.

Last edited:
Thank you for your advise. Among the two 36.5 ALX and Hugo HAL which rubber and xiom wood that you prefer most? I just check that Hugo Calderano is using the Hugo HAL 87gram in the Bundesliga tournament:cool::cool::cool: Seem like pretty light weight for PRO like him.
I use both. If i wanted to use a fast
forehand rubber like Omega 7 China, then I use HAL. If Chinese rubber, 36.5. The HAL may be light but his rubbers are heavy.

Last edited:
I use both. If i wanted t
Onuse a fas
?) ter forehand rubber like Omega 7 China, then I use HAL. If Chinese rubber, 36.5. The HAL may be light but his rubbers are heavy.

Great. What rubber would you recommend for Backhand for Hugo HAL ? it is this blade design based for heavy rubber like Omega 7 China Guang 2.1mm?

Great. What rubber would you recommend for Backhand for Hugo HAL ? it is this blade design based for heavy rubber like Omega 7 China Guang 2.1mm?

I do not think a specific blade was designed for Omega 7 China but the Xiom blades are not that picky with the new rubbers. I have used the Omega 7 Asia as a bh rubber now for more than a year already but it is just personal preference.

The price of the 36.5 was meant to compete with Viscaria. In my place the price is almost the same.

It seem like 36.5 ALX is more worth to invest as compare to Hugo HAL that cost quite alot and yet not a pure ALX blade right? The hugo HAL design is definitely nicer than 36.5 ALX

HAL is slower than 36.5 if you have resd my reviews. This is because Xiom wanted a blade that is more on feel and control but can be paired with their fast and hard rubbers from the Omega series. Yes you can use it at middle and far distance from the table.

says + Drinkhall Powerspin Carbon with Aurus Prime and Omega...
says + Drinkhall Powerspin Carbon with Aurus Prime and Omega...
Aug 2017
Read 4 reviews
the quality of blade is not perfect and we are talking about blade for 190 Euro,
the feeling is very very OK
Are you speaking about the SAL?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6010 using Tapatalk