Xiom Hugo SAL and 36.5 Deep Impact ALX

Top ply has small white cracks( no holes ) but don't reach more than 2mm on the surface so I don't judge it
Quality is good, maybe this is very soft blade and it is easier to damage surface.
The surface and the sides in the Liu Shiwen is like butter so you can pull off the rubber and its ish happen.

My review will be short
This is OFF blade
My rubbers are Nittaku Fastarc G1 and Rakza 7 2.0
My blade weights 90 gr
The balance is more on the handle
Handle is stiff but big pleasure to hold
Rotation
Wow your friend will misjudge spin and sometimes you can misjudge your spin when he luckily blocks you because the ball has extra extra spin.
This is type of legendary hinoki rotation without special hold in every shot.

Control (I will call this category as a Throw and Hold)
Throw
- in short game, passive game, blocks, touch shots everything is better than blade from other brand. FIRE.
- throw at the fastest shots, tooooo high and maybe too long
I prefer Rakza 7 on both sides and sometimes overshoot from G1.

Hold
- very good on forehand
- too short on backhand side, I should put more grippy rubber...

Feeling
-soft butter with crisp contact on fast shots.
-something special because this is outer ply blade and in terms of feeling it plays more like inner type blade but this is very linear blade like outer type blade

What can I say more?
-
Throw and hold on backhand side is tricky. You should put very low throw medium hard rubber with stiffer topsheet
Which blade are you referring to? 36.5 or HAL?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2020
is going from the Xiom Solo to the 36.5 a bit too fast? been playing the Solo for a few years and I found out it can be a bit slow for me when I'm playing close to the table where I usually play

was interested in the 36.5 because it seems to retain some of that wood feel?

Top ply has small white cracks( no holes ) but don't reach more than 2mm on the surface so I don't judge it
Quality is good, maybe this is very soft blade and it is easier to damage surface.
The surface and the sides in the Liu Shiwen is like butter so you can pull off the rubber and its ish happen.

My review will be short
This is OFF blade
My rubbers are Nittaku Fastarc G1 and Rakza 7 2.0
My blade weights 90 gr
The balance is more on the handle
Handle is stiff but big pleasure to hold
Rotation
Wow your friend will misjudge spin and sometimes you can misjudge your spin when he luckily blocks you because the ball has extra extra spin.
This is type of legendary hinoki rotation without special hold in every shot.

Control (I will call this category as a Throw and Hold)
Throw
- in short game, passive game, blocks, touch shots everything is better than blade from other brand. FIRE.
- throw at the fastest shots, tooooo high and maybe too long
I prefer Rakza 7 on both sides and sometimes overshoot from G1.

Hold
- very good on forehand
- too short on backhand side, I should put more grippy rubber...

Feeling
-soft butter with crisp contact on fast shots.
-something special because this is outer ply blade and in terms of feeling it plays more like inner type blade but this is very linear blade like outer type blade

What can I say more?
-
Throw and hold on backhand side is tricky. You should put very low throw medium hard rubber with stiffer topsheet
I have changed rubbers on both HAL and 36.5 about a dozen times and I have not experienced delamination or splintering.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
is going from the Xiom Solo to the 36.5 a bit too fast? been playing the Solo for a few years and I found out it can be a bit slow for me when I'm playing close to the table where I usually play

was interested in the 36.5 because it seems to retain some of that wood feel?

Xiom Solo is a quite a soft 7ply all wood while Xiom 36.5 is 5+2, so the 36.5 so it will be faster and stiffer.

If you are not looking for too much of a bump in speed and yet having a similar feel to an all wood balde, HAL is a good alternative.

36.5 is a good choice only if you are willing to accept the stiffer blade due to the blade having ALX, with the carbon this will have less feel vs an all wood blade.

You might find both blades too fast if at the same time you change your blades, you opt to upgrade your rubbers to latest harder rubbers. Tread cautiously.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2020
Xiom Solo is a quite a soft 7ply all wood while Xiom 36.5 is 5+2, so the 36.5 so it will be faster and stiffer.

If you are not looking for too much of a bump in speed and yet having a similar feel to an all wood balde, HAL is a good alternative.

36.5 is a good choice only if you are willing to accept the stiffer blade due to the blade having ALX, with the carbon this will have less feel vs an all wood blade.

You might find both blades too fast if at the same time you change your blades, you opt to upgrade your rubbers to latest harder rubbers. Tread cautiously.

thanks for the advice, sadly the HAL is not available in my country, only the 36.5

been playing around with a cheap 5+2 so I can understand the stiffer feeling carbon , that is why been thinking of what rubber to put on the 36.5, Vega X, Pro or Japan

also the 36.5 should be lighter feeling than the Solo?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
thanks for the advice, sadly the HAL is not available in my country, only the 36.5

been playing around with a cheap 5+2 so I can understand the stiffer feeling carbon , that is why been thinking of what rubber to put on the 36.5, Vega X, Pro or Japan

also the 36.5 should be lighter feeling than the Solo?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I see. Now I recall your seperate post.

Vega X has been raved to work pretty well with Xiom 36.5.

Xiom 36.5 though is a faster blade, is not faster than the Butterfly ALC series, has more feeling thus easier to control.

I would suggest that if you are not use with carbon blades, it is always good to not use Max Sponges out right, go with 2.0 sponges as a transition.

Reactions: tt_beginner
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2020
I see. Now I recall your seperate post.

Vega X has been raved to work pretty well with Xiom 36.5.

Xiom 36.5 though is a faster blade, is not faster than the Butterfly ALC series, has more feeling thus easier to control.

I would suggest that if you are not use with carbon blades, it is always good to not use Max Sponges out right, go with 2.0 sponges as a transition.
ok good idea, looks like they only have max thickness X here and have 2.0 for Vega Japan

says yes, I did thanks. I've just sent an email with the...
says yes, I did thanks. I've just sent an email with the...
Aug 2017
I like the sound of the SAL, can anyone compare the speed to some popular blades? For example compared to carbonado 145/ time boll ALC?
I guess that due to lack of carbon the feeling will be less crisp on SAL?