Best Rubber for aggressive blocking and counter looping

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2019
I’m looking for a rubber that particularly excels in blocking and counter looping. Kind of like Waldner. Is there any rubber that does this better than others. Also, does short pips do well in this area?

A rubber that probably is hard to find and not many would want to use it but T Mount Ace2 (50 degrees) is very good with both passive blocking and active aggressive blocks and does well with counterlooping.

If you don't mind a 47.5 degree rubber, the T Mount Ace2 GOLD (47.5 degrees) is even better with passive blocking and aggressive blocking...but will be slower than the 50 degree version it terms of blocking speed. For counterlooping the Ace2 GOLD 47.5 degree is pretty good but not as good as the 50 degree version.

Both Rubbers are not so sensitive to spin compared to R53 and Joola Rhyzer 50 pro (or a T05)

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Softer, old-school tow-throw rubbers excel in this task. Here are two below from that era... you can still find HAMMOND pretty easily, I just got two sheets a couple months ago.

Nittaku Hammond
BTY Ekrips

A more modern idea wit firmer sponger would be Stiga Calibra LT... a higher throw variant with soft sponge (to make topspin attack easier/spinnier) would be LT Sound.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Rakza X is perfectly fine. If anything, I would say above average.

Short pips blocks great too, but you won't have an easy time at all with counterlooping.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
For me aggressive blocking can be done with almost any inverted, preferably low throw, insensitive to spin and not too hard sponged. I would also mention Rakza X but my personal favorite for aggressive block is the old Tibhar Primus. Luckily I still have a few sheets in the drawer. Omega 7 Pro can be deadly in the hands of a good blocker as probably many others, cause aggressive blocking is a skill

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I’m looking for a rubber that particularly excels in blocking and counter looping. Kind of like Waldner. Is there any rubber that does this better than others. Also, does short pips do well in this area?

Don't try to substitute the effort required to improve with equipment changes. It doesn't work. You can play like Waldner with almost any modern inverted rubber, it all depends in what you are trying to do.

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
SkySowers said:
I'm more of a counter hitter now when it comes upcoming topspins and I really like the feel of the Dignics05 on both sides. But again, this is just me.

https://youtu.be/Xsx-s49VbMo

Is all Mr. Lee got to say at the end is Ah-I-Goo??!!! I gunna need to get him to say some more Korean than that. He and the rest of the Korean internet would love to see the ensuing vid.

says Hello! My name is Cielo (pronounced Shell-o). I grew up...
says Hello! My name is Cielo (pronounced Shell-o). I grew up...
Oct 2019
Is all Mr. Lee got to say at the end is Ah-I-Goo??!!! I gunna need to get him to say some more Korean than that. He and the rest of the Korean internet would love to see the ensuing vid.

It's so funny because he is Korean but I'm more Korean than him. The culture has a lot of influence in me since 2005. He is now getting addicted to Korean dramas. I'm trying to involve him more in the movies.

Reactions: Der_Echte
says Aging is a killer
Softer, old-school tow-throw rubbers excel in this task. Here are two below from that era... you can still find HAMMOND pretty easily, I just got two sheets a couple months ago.

How did you manage to get a tow-throw rubber? T is a long way from L so we can't blame fat finger syndrome:D