Stiga Clipper Cc vs Clipper cr

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2020
Hey guys,
I am new here. I just wanted to know about properties of clipper cc and clipper cr, I got confused because at TT gear lab website they said that clipper cr is faster than cc. And also compare them with viscaria. And which one is better for close to the table and which is for mid distance.
Please help

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
CR is thicker, stiffer and faster than CC. CC feels marginally more solid meanwhile slightly less crisp. I own the wood and CR, tried the CC and decided not to buy it.

My ~7mm thick CR is not as bouncy as my TBS but I get the feeling that it holds up better during high effort shots (smashing). Not as hard as the TBS on low impact shots, but feels more solid/dense on hard hits.

Personally I prefer any "clipper-type" to any "viscaria-type" blade. But that's subjective, neither are intrinsically "better" closer/further. If you hit hard, the Clipper "crack" might be more appealing than the Viscaria "tick".

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2020
But Carl said that cc would be more stiffer than cr, so more faster. I guess it may be like cr is more harder and stiff but cc would be more bouncy.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Hard to take someone else's experience without a pinch of salt. If you can, try before you buy.

IMO, performance difference is not night and day, both would do the job just fine. Ask yourself what kind of feel you are going for.

Or go for the nuclear option: get an Andro Timber 7 OFF/S or CS7 Tour. Same construction, thicker, stiffer, faster, and cheaper than any clipper. Better material quality too.

All else being equal, heavier is usually faster (and more solid). If that's what you are after, ask the shop for the heaviest one they got.

Last edited: