• Join our newsletter: 
  • Welcome Guest


    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Results 21 to 28 of 28
    1. Top | #21
      doppelganger_LT is offline
      says :( + T T = :)
       
      TTD Member Country: Europe
      doppelganger_LT's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade OSP Virtuoso OFF-
      Forehand Rubber Yasaka Rakza Z
      Backhand Rubber Yasaka Rakza Z

      Join Date
      Dec 2019
      Location
      Lithuania, EU
      Posts
      84
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts
      Thanks for the insights. I have a question about the rubbers you mention - what about the smell? I can't use H3 because of the smell, really makes me sick. I'm testing Joola Golden Tango PS and Nittaku Factive as low catapult backhand rubbers right now, nice thing about the Friendship and Sanwei though, they are so cheap!

      Quote Originally Posted by TryHard View Post
      I’ve been looking for a low catapult but spinny rubber for BH myself. I use Hurricane on FH, but I don’t want the weight of double Hurricane. I’ve settled on Friendship Focus 3 Snipe. Linear, so soft shots are short (minimal catapult) and can generate the spin to open on BH from backspin. BH flicks are great with it too. Another option might be Sanwei Taiji Plus, which is a bit softer but still pretty linear.

      Both of these are low on the tacky scale. If you want a tacky one (regardless of the added weight), Galaxy Moon Pro can generate phenonemal spin and is soft and speedy enough for BH IMO.

    2. Top | #22
      mocker88 is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      TTD Member Country: Sweden

      Equipment:
      Blade Yinhe Mercury Y-13
      Forehand Rubber Yinhe Big Dipper H38
      Backhand Rubber TSP Ventus Soft, Black, Max

      Join Date
      Oct 2019
      Location
      Sweden
      Posts
      25
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
      I've been searching for a good backhand rubber as well. Like "TryHard" I really like 729 Focus III Snipe. It comes in 42, 44 and 46 sponge hardness. The H42 is really soft. These rubbers are not tacky at all and not that spin sensitive. The durability isn't that great. You'll need to change them 2-3 times/year. But they are cheap and very light weight. Imoved on forward to Rakza 7 Soft too, but found it too heavy. The grip/spin was good though. I tride similar rubbers like Yasaka Rigan (a bit too hard), and Tibhar Aurus Sound (lighter, but not as good as R7S). Right now my backhand rubber is TSP Ventus Soft. I feel that it's better than R7S in many ways, and it's quite light weight too. If you're a beginner, Focus III Snipe H42/H44 could be good. If you have played for a while, try TSP Ventus Soft

    3. The Following User Likes mocker88's Post:

      doppelganger_LT (06-03-2020)

    4. Top | #23
      TryHard is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      TTD Member Country: United States


      Join Date
      Jan 2020
      Posts
      9
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by doppelganger_LT View Post
      Thanks for the insights. I have a question about the rubbers you mention - what about the smell? I can't use H3 because of the smell, really makes me sick. I'm testing Joola Golden Tango PS and Nittaku Factive as low catapult backhand rubbers right now, nice thing about the Friendship and Sanwei though, they are so cheap!
      The two rubber I mentioned don't smell. They're the non-tacky type that use grip for spin. They're definitely more control than speed, so good for perfecting technique. I like this because it lets me really put force into the ball, using waist and legs for the BH as well. The soft sponges I always felt like I was trying to contain the bounce. Perhaps once I'm extremely consistent on BH I'll upgrade.
      The smell of H3Neo commercial is pretty nasty. I use H3 Neo Provincial (orange sponge, I think 39*) for my FH. It is a much livelier rubber and the smell is much less and not quite as nasty. They also make blue sponge provincial Neo in various hardness. All these cost like twice the commercial stuff though. Another option is the non-Neo H3, though you would have to boost it yourself.

    5. The Following User Likes TryHard's Post:

      doppelganger_LT (06-03-2020)

    6. Top | #24
      doppelganger_LT is offline
      says :( + T T = :)
       
      TTD Member Country: Europe
      doppelganger_LT's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade OSP Virtuoso OFF-
      Forehand Rubber Yasaka Rakza Z
      Backhand Rubber Yasaka Rakza Z

      Join Date
      Dec 2019
      Location
      Lithuania, EU
      Posts
      84
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts
      Thanks very much, I'll check out Focus III Snipe. It's a pity the tabletennis11 shop does nor specify which hardness they have. Where do you buy it?
      At the moment I really like a new setup of Stiga Allround Classic (a blade with control over speed) with Joola Golden Tango PS 2 mm for the forehand and as zeio suggested in this thread (very surprisingly for myself) - the new Yasaka Rakza Z 2mm on the backhand. Rakza Z is such a strange rubber! It's quite hard, but feels soft, it's quite fast, but very good contol in the short game (pushes are a real pleasure), very spinny, but quite easy to receive serves, very high arc, but this allows to lift a ball with the backhand easily! I think I'll stick with this setup for a while, although both rubbers are rather heavy and makes the bat very head heavy. Actually, for me the Rakza Z feels quite similar to the Joola Golden Tango PS, so there is no drastic differences between the feeling of the backhand and forehand. I hated this feeling being so different with H3Neo on FH and Razka 7 sof on the BH. Btw, I did not like Nittaku Factive at all - feels soft and mushy, no feeling at all. Also, I liked Golden Tango PS much more than Yasaka Shining Dragon because of the same reason, Tango feels firmer, with a bit more, but not much more of the catapult effect and has a different kind of control compared to the Shining Dragon, which I found somehow too soft and mushy as well. By the way, the Rising Dragon is quite different – it’s more like a H3Neo on steroids but feels too hard for me at the moment, maybe I’ll try it again in a half a year or so, when hopefully my technique will be a bit better.
      Last edited by doppelganger_LT; 06-03-2020 at 09:45 PM.

    7. Top | #25
      piligrim is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Advanced TTD Member Country: Canada
      piligrim's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade Butterfly Timo Boll ALC
      Forehand Rubber FH:Rakza 7 Soft
      Backhand Rubber BH: HK1997 gold

      Join Date
      Sep 2017
      Location
      Canada
      Posts
      268
      Reviews
      Read 1 Reviews
      Liked 57 Times in 47 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by mocker88 View Post
      Imoved on forward to Rakza 7 Soft too, but found it too heavy.

      I surprise you found it heavy. Its one of the lightest rubbers I tried. Another rubbers as light as Rakza 7 Soft is Vega Europe

    8. Top | #26
      mocker88 is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      TTD Member Country: Sweden

      Equipment:
      Blade Yinhe Mercury Y-13
      Forehand Rubber Yinhe Big Dipper H38
      Backhand Rubber TSP Ventus Soft, Black, Max

      Join Date
      Oct 2019
      Location
      Sweden
      Posts
      25
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by doppelganger_LT View Post
      Thanks very much, I'll check out Focus III Snipe. It's a pity the tabletennis11 shop does nor specify which hardness they have. Where do you buy it?
      At the moment I really like a new setup of Stiga Allround Classic (a blade with control over speed) with Joola Golden Tango PS 2 mm for the forehand and as zeio suggested in this thread (very surprisingly for myself) - the new Yasaka Rakza Z 2mm on the backhand. Rakza Z is such a strange rubber! It's quite hard, but feels soft, it's quite fast, but very good contol in the short game (pushes are a real pleasure), very spinny, but quite easy to receive serves, very high arc, but this allows to lift a ball with the backhand easily! I think I'll stick with this setup for a while, although both rubbers are rather heavy and makes the bat very head heavy. Actually, for me the Rakza Z feels quite similar to the Joola Golden Tango PS, so there is no drastic differences between the feeling of the backhand and forehand. I hated this feeling being so different with H3Neo on FH and Razka 7 sof on the BH. Btw, I did not like Nittaku Factive at all - feels soft and mushy, no feeling at all. Also, I liked Golden Tango PS much more than Yasaka Shining Dragon because of the same reason, Tango feels firmer, with a bit more, but not much more of the catapult effect and has a different kind of control compared to the Shining Dragon, which I found somehow too soft and mushy as well. By the way, the Rising Dragon is quite different – it’s more like a H3Neo on steroids but feels too hard for me at the moment, maybe I’ll try it again in a half a year or so, when hopefully my technique will be a bit better.
      Hi. I use to buy them on Aliexpress. Works just fine, and cheap. https://www.aliexpress.com/store/1953652

    9. The Following User Likes mocker88's Post:

      doppelganger_LT (06-04-2020)

    10. Top | #27
      mocker88 is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      TTD Member Country: Sweden

      Equipment:
      Blade Yinhe Mercury Y-13
      Forehand Rubber Yinhe Big Dipper H38
      Backhand Rubber TSP Ventus Soft, Black, Max

      Join Date
      Oct 2019
      Location
      Sweden
      Posts
      25
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by piligrim View Post
      I surprise you found it heavy. Its one of the lightest rubbers I tried. Another rubbers as light as Rakza 7 Soft is Vega Europe
      Yes that's a bit strange. A lot of people think that R7S is quite light weight, I had two pieces of them. I didn't react so much when I used them, but when I tried other rubbers like Tibhar Aurus Sound and TSP Ventus Soft, I felt the difference. My Rakzas were in Max, but so where the TAS and TVS as well. I haven't weighted my rubbers, but it felt much lighter after the backhand rubber was changed from Rakza 7 Soft.

    11. Top | #28
      Konrad Bak is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Senior TTD Member Country: Poland


      Join Date
      Oct 2016
      Posts
      708
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 142 Times in 120 Posts
      I think that nittaku factive is rubber for outer artificial super zlc, zlc blade
      with less speed than tensor but with better rotation and arc. Modern sriver.
      I bought it so I will maybe make review.

      If you use it on allround classic you will have problems. Medium -hard without catapult rubber and very soft slow blade, there is no stability and ladder. Ball easy goes to topsheet and put pressure on sponge in slow shots, so you are playing with strange kick.
      So it will be better when you use harder rubbers on stiga.
      For soft blade on backhand side I really liked xiom omega v tour.

    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

    Tags for this Thread

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •  
    Log in or Register
    BACK TO TOP