Nittaku Acoustic

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Hi,

I am looking for a blade with lots of dwell and feeling.I am thinking of nittaku acoustic paired with andro R53 on fh and andro r48 on bh. I have already used r53 and I love it on my long 5 and w968. Is nittaku acoustic going to give me even more dwell and feeling than those two blades?Please let me know.

Thanks.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2019
I have a Long 5x and going back to my old Acoustic recently for testing some new rubbers (dignics 09c and joola dynaryz agr, Hexer powergrip)...it felt a bit too flexy for my taste. However with Dignics 09c felt very nice...but lacks speed from mid-distance.

It has more dwell and feeling but if you have been playing with a carbon blade (even 'inner' carbon) the acoustic can feel slightly hollow. It is a great looping blade, but lacks a top gear that the Long 5x or a viscaria would have.

You might consider a 7 ply if you are looking for all wood that has more dwell than Long 5.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 1 reviews
Hi,

I am looking for a blade with lots of dwell and feeling.I am thinking of nittaku acoustic paired with andro R53 on fh and andro r48 on bh. I have already used r53 and I love it on my long 5 and w968. Is nittaku acoustic going to give me even more dwell and feeling than those two blades?Please let me know.

Thanks.

Definitely check out OSP Virtuoso OFF-
I've played with it for 3 years and its definitely one of the best blades in terms of feeling and dwell time.

https://ospblades.com/all-wood-table-tennis-blade/

Reactions: thomas.pong
says + Drinkhall Powerspin Carbon with Aurus Prime and Omega...
says + Drinkhall Powerspin Carbon with Aurus Prime and Omega...
Aug 2017
Read 4 reviews
If money is not a problem, try looking for a DHS National 506, it is the best out of all
However, its faster than Adelie or even Acoustic.

From your post, it seems that you are a spinner/looper and you're looking for a blade which gives feeling and dwell time to maximize spin potential.

If the above statement is true, you can blindly go with Nittaku Adelie.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6010 using Tapatalk

I used to play with DHS HL 5, but switched to a single-ply kiso hinoki blade (Moby made by PP brand in Taiwan) and loved it. The feeling is great and dwell time much more than Long 5. The weight is about the same (84 to 94g, depending on the individual blade), but some people don't like the thickness (9.2mm just for the blade), which would take some practice to get used to.

In general, I found the PP brand (ProPro made in Taiwan by Coach Hsu) of blades to be very high quality and excellent value. Of course, being from Taiwan originally makes me partial to a local manufacturer, but more importantly, because I have seen and handled the 10 blades my club mates bought from PP in the months before COVID-19 shut down the club, and can attest to the quality. PP used to make OEM black tag blades for Butterfly before BTY moved to China, so PP's quality is really good.

Also, based on his 50+ years of experience playing TT and coaching for the last 25 years, Coach Tony tweaks some of the material composition or thickness of layers to popular clones, to improve on their playing properties.

He also came up with some innovations, like using ZLC and ALC on the same blade, for different properties for FH and BH. He has a 7-ply kiso hinoki blade that has gradually decreasing layer thickness from the FH to BH, supposed to have somewhat different feel for the FH and BH. Quite interesting!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2020
I have played with Acoustic + R53 set up. It's amazing.

Can confirm!

I just moved my Hurricane 3 (Nat. BS) FH rubber, and Dignics 80 BH rubber to my Viscaria from the Acoustic. That combo was ok for spin and control but lacked the power Viscaria gives me. The control and spin really pair well with the R53 FH and 48 BH combo. Although i still prefer Dignics 80 on BH

says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
I have both the Acoustic and Acoustic inner (LG handle), both with Rakza Z on FH & BH 2.0mm sponge. I also have a Long 5
What I found is that both versions play almost the same in terms of feel.
Speed difference was noticeable but not massive. When playing a FH topspin with a similar stroke, (as far as power is concerned) the Acoustic Inner’s bounce is around 300 to 500mm longer than the Acoustic.
I think the ‘transfer of power’ is more uniform and predictable with the Acoustic Inner than with the Long 5, When I went all out loop kill with the Long 5, the chance of the ball going long was greater, when the carbon layer was engaged the ball ‘sprung’ forward more with the Long 5 with the Acoustic Inner it’s more subdued but for a player of my level plenty fast enough!!