Dusseldorf Masters 2020

says Aging is a killer

From the link that you sent.

Coach ROSSKOPF: „Players absolutely thrilled“ / Free Livestream of all matches

"With this tournament series, we are pioneers for table tennis all over the world in these times. Table tennis fans worldwide will focus Düsseldorf from Monday on," says Borussia Düsseldorf‘s manager Andreas PREUSS. "The Düsseldorf Masters are a great opportunity to play regular competition again after weeks of pure practice," adds Germany‘s men's national head coach Jörg ROSSKOPF. "Our players were absolutely thrilled when we presented this idea to them."

Both days of the opening tournament and all other Düsseldorf Masters events will be broadcasted live on sportdeutschland.tv, www.tischtennis.de and on Borussia TV in full and with three cameras. Spectators on site are not admitted due to the pandemic. Here is the draw of the first event, done by former World Doubles Champion ROSSKOPF:
Düsseldorf Masters
ARAG CenterCourt, Düsseldorf

Sadly it looks as though Drinkhall and Pitchford are not worthy

Last edited:
says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
Yes, the anti-virusal Rule of "no hands on The table" enforced succesfully.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2020
Boll VS Karlsson was the outstanding match of the tournament for me, lots of sexy table tennis:

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Mmmm. It may be high expectancy setting up for disappointment, but I didn't see it in the Boll vs. Karlsson match. Both looked off, a bit awkward in the beginning, with a lot of atypical errors. Perhaps that's lefty playing lefty territory.

Karlsson's timing seemed to be off, improved somewhat during the match. Boll ended on a high level in the fourth game, so I thought, but I think I've seen them play to a (much) higher standard before.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2018
Read 1 reviews
Mmmm. It may be high expectancy setting up for disappointment, but I didn't see it in the Boll vs. Karlsson match. Both looked off, a bit awkward in the beginning, with a lot of atypical errors. Perhaps that's lefty playing lefty territory.

Karlsson's timing seemed to be off, improved somewhat during the match. Boll ended on a high level in the fourth game, so I thought, but I think I've seen them play to a (much) higher standard before.

They both must be rusty not playing much due to da lockdown

Indeed, but Timo was there with a hand switch winner again!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
Respectable performance by Fanbo Meng. Overall I am not too optimistic currently about the future of the German team once Boll and Ovtcharov retire.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Respectable performance by Fanbo Meng. Overall I am not too optimistic currently about the future of the German team once Boll and Ovtcharov retire.

It isn't easy for any country to have more than one generational player and IMHO, Germany imported one as well to get two. Germany may not be at quite the same level after Boll retires and I don't think Dima will age as gracefully as Timo. But Germany will clearly be one of the top European countries regardless, just not as far ahead of other countries. Benedikt Duda and Qiu Dang are clearly pretty strong. Franziska has issues but still is relatively young. And there are other strong juniors in the pipeline, one just has to breakthrough.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
It isn't easy for any country to have more than one generational player and IMHO, Germany imported one as well to get two. Germany may not be at quite the same level after Boll retires and I don't think Dima will age as gracefully as Timo. But Germany will clearly be one of the top European countries regardless, just not as far ahead of other countries. Benedikt Duda and Qiu Dang are clearly pretty strong. Franziska has issues but still is relatively young. And there are other strong juniors in the pipeline, one just has to breakthrough.

Completely agree. For players under 25, none of them I would consider generational at the current time. On the younger side of things, I do not have high hopes for Engemann or Hippler. Meng, Hohmeier, Stumper show some promise but there are big shoes to fill and a lot remains to be seen. Of course, it can happen, but is far from a guarantee, I'm simply expressing doubts.

Surely there are many strong players who can hold down the fort, I just expect that other European countries may start to close the gap with the departure of the two elites (Timo and Dima). Time will tell.

Last edited: