Dusseldorf Masters 2020

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
I can't wait for Boll to break Persson's record of finishing 4th in Beijing Olympics at 42. That is if we'll still have Paris 2024.

Well, Boll will set a new personal best for reaching the SF anyway. Fingers crossed.

says Aging is a killer
Reactions: Dr Evil
Jan 2018
This and this and no masks for spectators? Why are there spectators?

Jan 2018
Usually masks are not required when people can social distance and do so, no?

Because of this.

https://slate.com/technology/2020/07/coronavirus-airborne-what-that-means.html
In early July, 239 scientists called on the World Health Organization to finally recognize the risk of airborne transmission of COVID-19. WHO now acknowledges that coronavirus-carrying droplets may remain suspended in the air in crowded indoor spaces, but its messaging tends to convey the risk of airborne spread of COVID-19 as an afterthought. For example, a WHO Q&A page gives the impression that if we’re all staying about 3 feet away from one another, the distance they recommend, and taking care to wash our hands, everything will be OK.

It won’t be. The updated message that needs to reach people is: In addition to visible routes of transmission like getting coughed on or touching a surface and then your face, COVID-19 can spread through the air we breathe, particularly indoors.

Jan 2018

This now?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/joshua...enting-coronavirus-transmission/#729fbcd24412
Closer to the Netherlands, in the Czech Republic, masks were an integral part of a very effective government campaign that began at the outset of the epidemic in March, long before other nations adopted mask policies. The slogan “my mask protects you, your mask protects me” appears to have been a contributing factor in the Czech Republic’s ability to contain the virus containment achieve relatively low death rate.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews

I thought you had a scientific study to show that the government of the Netherlands was lying. If something "appears" to be true, then someone is hedging, no?

"While the experiences of countries with early mask requirements, such as Taiwan, Vietnam, Japan, and the Czech Republic , are not scientific evidence per se, they do serve as observational study experiments, if you will, supportive of mask wearing."

Last edited:
Jan 2018
I didn't want to go down that road anymore as it's a waste of time. But since you asked, just google "hku mask research". Various experts here spoke on radio back in March about how their peers in western countries argued/questioned the use/effectiveness of masks just because there was no randomized, double-blind placebo-controlled study that proved it was effective. What happened to the saying "better safe than sorry?"