Dusseldorf Masters 2020

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I didn't want to go down that road anymore as it's a waste of time. But since you asked, just google "hku mask research". Various experts here spoke on radio back in March about how their peers in western countries argued/questioned the use/effectiveness of masks just because there was no randomized, double-blind placebo-controlled study that proved it was effective. What happened to the saying "better safe than sorry?"

I have zero argument with better safe than sorry as an argument for masks and that is one of the reason their politicization dismay me. I just have a problem with people who then go out of their way to make it seem like not wearing one is like being a murderer. And the mechanismsfor the positive aspects of mask usage is clear. But some people don't wear the right masks or use them properly - the viruses and aerosols are small enough to get outside mask that doesn't fit tightly enough, though arguably at a lower dose which might reduce spread. It can also lead to people compromising on their social distancing requirements out of a false sense of safety. But my opinion is similar to yours - I think that they will likely have benefit if they are used properly and there are good guidelines on ensuring people are consistently doing the right thing.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews

The parachute analogy is good comedy but there was a lot of literature on masks and viral illness transmission before covid19 that didn't generally view them as a slam dunk. I doubt that such literature ever existed for parachutes in a similar context. In any case, I do think people should wear masks. I just don't like it when people use them to fight political battles in either direction.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
Oh come on, shut up this stupid corona hoax bs and talk about table tennis!
I loved the matches, the semifinals with Franziska and Ovtcharov were great!
And the final too, I only wanted it to be longer.. But Dima was too good in the end..

I agree with keeping Corona related discussion to the dedicated threads for it...but "hoax"? Really?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
How can I see live results from today. I can't find a live stream url anywhere.