Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    This user has no status.

Master TTD Member 13,358 9,052
    N
    This user has no status.

Master TTD Member 9,052 13,358

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by zeio
    I didn't want to go down that road anymore as it's a waste of time. But since you asked, just google "hku mask research". Various experts here spoke on radio back in March about how their peers in western countries argued/questioned the use/effectiveness of masks just because there was no randomized, double-blind placebo-controlled study that proved it was effective. What happened to the saying "better safe than sorry?"
    I have zero argument with better safe than sorry as an argument for masks and that is one of the reason their politicization dismay me. I just have a problem with people who then go out of their way to make it seem like not wearing one is like being a murderer. And the mechanismsfor the positive aspects of mask usage is clear. But some people don't wear the right masks or use them properly - the viruses and aerosols are small enough to get outside mask that doesn't fit tightly enough, though arguably at a lower dose which might reduce spread. It can also lead to people compromising on their social distancing requirements out of a false sense of safety. But my opinion is similar to yours - I think that they will likely have benefit if they are used properly and there are good guidelines on ensuring people are consistently doing the right thing.
    Cobra Kai TT Exponent - No mercy in this dojo, no matter your rating or the score. All spin, no power or footwork.

"We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training" - Archilochus

This user has no status.

N
    This user has no status.

User Info Menu

The parachute analogy is good comedy but there was a lot of literature on masks and viral illness transmission before covid19 that didn't generally view them as a slam dunk. I doubt that such literature ever existed for parachutes in a similar context. In any case, I do think people should wear masks. I just don't like it when people use them to fight political battles in either direction.
    Cobra Kai TT Exponent - No mercy in this dojo, no matter your rating or the score. All spin, no power or footwork.

"We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training" - Archilochus

says Grand Consultant to the Office of the Goon Squad

Master TTD Member 10,893 10,627
    says Grand Consultant to the Office of the Goon Squad

Master TTD Member 10,627 10,893

User Info Menu

I strongly advocated the wear of masks for everyone for a temporary period to slow the spread... right or wrong... I supported it when it was unpopular. Well, that period was a very long time ago..
    President, Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club. Hit us up on TTD or Facebook
    http://www.facebook.com/koreaforeignttc

Janitor at NexyUSA TT Equipment Shop
    http://www.nexyusa.com

View our Lame Nexy USA corporate FB page
    http://www.facebook.com/nexyusa

This user has no status.

Master TTD Member 1,278 3,072
    This user has no status.

Master TTD Member 3,072 1,278
    Oh come on, shut up this stupid corona hoax bs and talk about table tennis!
    I loved the matches, the semifinals with Franziska and Ovtcharov were great!
    And the final too, I only wanted it to be longer.. But Dima was too good in the end..

This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 498 550
    Z
    This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 550 498

User Info Menu

Mar 2019
    Germany
    Read 0 Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Michal_Z
    Oh come on, shut up this stupid corona hoax bs and talk about table tennis!
    I loved the matches, the semifinals with Franziska and Ovtcharov were great!
    And the final too, I only wanted it to be longer.. But Dima was too good in the end..
    I agree with keeping Corona related discussion to the dedicated threads for it...but "hoax"? Really?

This user has no status.

N
    This user has no status.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by zyu81
    I agree with keeping Corona related discussion to the dedicated threads for it...but "hoax"? Really?
    Don't fall for it - it's a trap!

Omar Assar lost to Duda again in another magnificently played match.

This user has no status.

Master TTD Member 2,111 2,200
    This user has no status.

Master TTD Member 2,200 2,111

Next and last Open this Weekend

The Following 2 Users Like TTLondon2012's Post:

piligrim and yoass

This user has no status.

TTD Member 47 72
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 72 47

User Info Menu

Nov 2018
    Read 0 Reviews
    How can I see live results from today. I can't find a live stream url anywhere.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123