Yasaka Rakza Z and Rakza Z Extra Hard rubbers

says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
what I meant is that the normal Z (non EH) is softer than D09C. The extra H is much closer to D09C.

EDIT 09C should be close to Vega China or Yasaka Extra Hard Z. There is this chart, created by haggisv https://tabletennis-reviews.com/reference/sponge-hardness-table/. Closest rubber from butterfly measured is T05H which butterfly claims to be 43 degrees of whatever they use, which clocks at 56 degrees of haggisv durometer. Vega China Scores 59 and it is suppose to be very close to Rakza Z EH.

Just had a quick look through the chart, very interesting !! A lot of the readings for BTY rubbers are very close or the same as their publicised sponge hardnesses, so sponge hardness = top sheet hardness. ( not always the case, but this sort of jumped out at me!) So are BTY reading sponge and rubber for their sponge hardness?? Otherwise they seem to be matching top sheet hardness and sponge hardness.
it would be great to have a column listing the manufacturers sponge hardnesses to compare against the readings taken for the whole rubber. So you can get an idea of how hard the top sheet is. Mind you that’s a lot of info to collect!! And some manufacturers don’t list sponge hardnesses!!
Very good chart though!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
As Yogi mentioned the top sheet is generally forgotten, this is at least as important as sponge hardness for the overall ‘feel’ of the rubber (sponge + top sheet).

I think topsheet is more important to the feel than the sponge.

This guy made a nice video. I agree with him on most of the statements.

I think topsheet is more important to the feel than the sponge
This guy made a nice video. I agree with him on most of the statements.

It would have been a lot more credible if it wasn't XIOM sponsored....

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
Only Rakza Z,
it’s typical, 2 weeks ago I bought an acoustic inner and 2 sheets Rakza Z.
last week the acoustic inner was on special! €40 off, now this week it’s Rakza Z about €9 off per sheet
I could have saved about €60!!!!!

Did you buy it from tt11? Was everything still going on well? Since new year I’ve no idea how those Euro things work.

Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews

Did you buy it from tt11? Was everything still going on well? Since new year I’ve no idea how those Euro things work.

Yeah TT11, the acoustic inner was ordered on a Monday, I asked for the lightest one they had in stock, 88gr arrived on Thursday, pretty good service!!
The week before I ordered 2 sheets of Rakza Z, 1 sheet of Acuda blue P2 & 1 sheet of Acuda S2 on the Sunday it arrived on Tuesday!! Even better service!!.
Every order I’ve placed from TT11 has arrived within 5 days!! Orders always correct as well.

Reactions: Tango K

Jim

This user has no status.

Jim

This user has no status.
Feb 2019
Joining in for the chorus of the review and for the Rakza Z. Had my first session with it yesterday, Think it will make good transition from the chinese tacky stuff i had earlier. Considering getting a piece for backhand aswell. Going full Yasaka mode with the Falck W7. :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2020
Can anyone compare the Razka Z non EH version to the Xiom Vega China? Which is closer to spin and speed with H3 boosted, using a brush Chinese style stroke. Additional info on durability for both would be much appreciated.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Joining in for the chorus of the review and for the Rakza Z. Had my first session with it yesterday, Think it will make good transition from the chinese tacky stuff i had earlier. Considering getting a piece for backhand aswell. Going full Yasaka mode with the Falck W7. :)

I love the W7 as well, I use it 2x a week when playing aside from my other 7 ply all wood blades.

Reactions: Jim
Can anyone compare the Razka Z non EH version to the Xiom Vega China? Which is closer to spin and speed with H3 boosted, using a brush Chinese style stroke. Additional info on durability for both would be much appreciated.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

The rakza z is faster than Vega China. It is also softer than XVC having a 50 degree sponge while XVC has 54 degrees. XVC is like a boosted H3 in some areas.

Reactions: [email protected]

Jim

This user has no status.

Jim

This user has no status.
Feb 2019

Since my comment i changed back to my Yinhe V-14 pro, i like the Rakza Z even more on this blade.

But W7 certainly gave me more confidence and rebuilt my trust.

Last edited:
says Aging is a killer
Whew! I just read this whole thread in one go. Some interesting points, especially around how a Pro-player reacts to equipment vs an enthusiastic amateur.
I am feeling the EJ itch from an overly fat TT wallet. The scratch will be to try something new for when we break out from the pandemic.
Reading this thread, you guys have definitely snapped my wallet shut on the D09c, and the Rakza Z EH for that matter.
D05 on the backhand seems like the way to continue. My only choice now is whether to try the T19 on the FH or simply continue with T05.
Thanks, all for a good thread.