Yasaka Rakza Z and Rakza Z Extra Hard rubbers

Whew! I just read this whole thread in one go. Some interesting points, especially around how a Pro-player reacts to equipment vs an enthusiastic amateur.
I am feeling the EJ itch from an overly fat TT wallet. The scratch will be to try something new for when we break out from the pandemic.
Reading this thread, you guys have definitely snapped my wallet shut on the D09c, and the Rakza Z EH for that matter.
D05 on the backhand seems like the way to continue. My only choice now is whether to try the T19 on the FH or simply continue with T05.
Thanks, all for a good thread.

I think it is a safe choice for Rakza Z since it is cheaper and also a durable rubber. The Tenergy and Dignics prices have become so ridiculously high.

Reactions: Tinykin
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2020
How about Yasaka Razka Z vs other tacky rubbers of yasaka like Rising Dragon,are there any difference?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

How about Yasaka Razka Z vs other tacky rubbers of yasaka like Rising Dragon,are there any difference?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Rakza Z is much faster.

​​​​

says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Can someone compare the mxs to the rakza z and razka z hard? In terms of spin, speed and feeling overall.
Hi there,
been a while since I used mxs!! I haven't tried RZ EH yet, but I am using RZ at present.
MXS is a fast rubber, non tacky with good spin capabilities.
RZ is not as fast, slightly tacky with similar or better spin capabilities, that are easier to achieve.
RZ top sheet is softer, and overall feels softer than MXS even though the sponge is harder. This results in a softer feel to strokes at impact.
I would say that RZ has better overall control, and feels safer than MXS.
MXS has a Lower throw angle than RZ, RZ in fact has quite a high throw angle, which some may not like.
I think RZ is an excellent rubber, a good transition starter from ESN to Tacky Chinese rubbers.😀

Last edited:
Reactions: damszelfly
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2021
Hi, I'm recreational player, using Goldarc 8 47.5 on BH and Hurricane NEO 3 on FH. Now that I'm getting some coaching my FH is improving but still prefer to use BH if I can :) Lately I tried playing with NEO on BH and find it much easier to lift underspin balls and I can return slow and very spinny balls that other players on my level have trouble blocking. But on the other hand NEO is not as fast as Goldarc that I really like for fast blocks and smashes.

So would Rakza Z (EH) be as fast as Goldarc 8 and give me the same ease of lifting/spinning the balls as NEO 3?

thank you

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2021
Hello,
Can we consider the Rakza Z as an alternative to the H3 Neo (unboosted) if our forehand lacks impact (unfortunately I didn't have Ma Long's forehand ...)?
I love the sticky feeling of the H3 Neo but it's too slow (when I can't get into the ball) and too exhausting for me.

I used Rakza Z for some time on BH…didn’t like the high arc on it compared to H3N…didn’t suit my technique for flicking and also pushing/chopping feels safer to me with H3N

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2021
How is the Rakza Z for lobbing/fishing? I am considering using it on a new single sided Jpen blade (I’m trying to choose between the Rakza Z and Fastarc G1). I am concerned that lobbing with the Rakza Z may be difficult if it is hard-ish and tacky. Lobbing with the Nittaku Fastarc G1 is very comfortable, as it is moderately bouncy and non tacky — is lobbing comfortable with the Rakza Z?

It seems superior to the Fastarc G1 in most respects, so it would be helpful to know how the Rakza Z is for this crucial Jpen shot.

Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
How is the Rakza Z for lobbing/fishing? I am considering using it on a new single sided Jpen blade (I’m trying to choose between the Rakza Z and Fastarc G1). I am concerned that lobbing with the Rakza Z may be difficult if it is hard-ish and tacky. Lobbing with the Nittaku Fastarc G1 is very comfortable, as it is moderately bouncy and non tacky — is lobbing comfortable with the Rakza Z?

It seems superior to the Fastarc G1 in most respects, so it would be helpful to know how the Rakza Z is for this crucial Jpen shot.

Rakza Z is ok for lobbing/fishing, I don’t really use lobbing much, but RZ is fairly bouncy compared to some ‘hybrid’ type rubbers so lobs can be played.

Reactions: BlackCat510
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2021
Just bumping this as I have recently purchased Razka Z. I have fitted a new sheet of tenergy 05 and a new sheet of Razka on my wonderful Donic Appelgren WC 89 blade. I found the Razka Z way to slow for my forehand but on the backhand it is perfect. With the Razka I am able to do very high spin serves, chop, block fast loops easily, control the game and generate tons of topspin on slow to medium loops. The only weakness for me is the lack of speed which I am used to with Tenergy. I do wonder if this is because of the softer sponge compared to Chinese rubbers. Anyway I am very happy with this combo of rubbers. The Razka Z would possibly perform much better in terms of speed on a faster blade, which I do not own.

Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Just bumping this as I have recently purchased Razka Z. I have fitted a new sheet of tenergy 05 and a new sheet of Razka on my wonderful Donic Appelgren WC 89 blade. I found the Razka Z way to slow for my forehand but on the backhand it is perfect. With the Razka I am able to do very high spin serves, chop, block fast loops easily, control the game and generate tons of topspin on slow to medium loops. The only weakness for me is the lack of speed which I am used to with Tenergy. I do wonder if this is because of the softer sponge compared to Chinese rubbers. Anyway I am very happy with this combo of rubbers. The Razka Z would possibly perform much better in terms of speed on a faster blade, which I do not own.

Hi,
Speed may increase slightly as the tackiness reduces (which is normal).
I use RZ on BH & RZ EH on FH on a defensive blade, I probably don’t play at your level but the speed is still good enough, especially when about 1.5m or closer to the table.
When testing RZ a year or so ago, I put it on a Viscaria to see how fast it was, and yeah on a blade similar to that, it is pretty quick. Well, faster than I like!!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2021
How durable is Rakza Z? As in:
a) How long does the tackiness last?
b) How long does the grippiness last once the tack has worn off?

Comparisons with Neo Hurricane 3 or Fastarc G1 would be helpful.

Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
How durable is Rakza Z? As in:
a) How long does the tackiness last?
b) How long does the grippiness last once the tack has worn off?

Comparisons with Neo Hurricane 3 or Fastarc G1 would be helpful.
Hi,

RZ Tackiness drifts away within a couple of weeks or a month depending how much you play, it doesn’t go completely, so when freshly cleaned it still has tackiness. Compared to H3 Neo, it loses more tackiness than H3 Neo does.
Compared to D09C, I would estimate that a month old sheet of RZ has a similar amount of tackiness as a new sheet to D09C
Grippiness seams to stay.

It can be difficult to tell how the reduction in tackiness & grippiness is changing the characteristics as it’s a gradual process and you don’t necessarily notice the change, but I’m happy with RZ and RZ EH

RZ must be kept clean, it picks up a lot of dust which is general to all sticky rubbers!! I make sure I give it a quick wipe over after each game, and during if necessary. Always clean at the end of a session and use protective film.
I would say that possibly after 20 - 30 mins of constant training I’d have to clean both surfaces!!!

Never used Fast arc, so can’t compare.