Yasaka Rakza Z and Rakza Z Extra Hard rubbers

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021
there were a lot of comparisons between Rakza Z and Golden Tango Ps. Some said that one is faster, others that the second. After a while, who played with these two rubbers, you can draw a line, which kind of pad still plays a little more dynamically? And by the way golden tango ps has the same soft feeling as rakza Z? I would be grateful if I could summarize.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
there were a lot of comparisons between Rakza Z and Golden Tango Ps. Some said that one is faster, others that the second. After a while, who played with these two rubbers, you can draw a line, which kind of pad still plays a little more dynamically? And by the way golden tango ps has the same soft feeling as rakza Z? I would be grateful if I could summarize.

I would like to read this as well. Been using GTPS for a while but if RZ has even a tiny bit softer feeling it would be worth a try. A lot of people say that GTPS feels softer than 50 degrees but that would make it more or less feel like Tenergies and such and for me it feels quite a bit harder. Specially on flat hits.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021

I would like to read this as well. Been using GTPS for a while but if RZ has even a tiny bit softer feeling it would be worth a try. A lot of people say that GTPS feels softer than 50 degrees but that would make it more or less feel like Tenergies and such and for me it feels quite a bit harder. Specially on flat hits.

So I decided to try the Rakza Z as well.
The hybrid approach i totally different than Joolas.
The Joola Tango PS has a very sticky/tacky topsheet with a bouncy tensor sponge. The Rakza Z on the other hand has a semi tacky topsheet with a semi-bouncy/half hard sponge.

For me they are not the same at all. The GTPS is faster and great for serving and away from the table. It is however hard to flat hit with and you need a perfect angle on opening loops or the ball will fly two tables away...

The Rakza Z is slower and easier to handle in every aspect except when away from the table. Fast enough though.

On very good days, I suspect the GTPS is more fun but I think the RZ will give me slightly more points overall.

says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Re they mayeGolden Tango was the 1st hybrid rubber I used, played on BH, I liked it a lot, then I tried GTPS which I didn’t like as much. I found it too bouncy less able to control it. That was about 3 or 4 years ago (when I first started back playing TT)
Since then I have EJ’d quite a few rubbers, especially during lockdown, not so much over the last year though!! I have mainly used H8-80, Rakza Z / ZEH. (along with a short dabble with Donic Bluestorm Z2&3)
Changes to how I play now compared to 3-4yrs ago, and the fact that I have not directly compared GT/GTPS to RZ/RXEH on the same blade make it hard to really make a good comparison !!!!
Somewhere in the forum vaults there’s a post I started which was related to Hybrid rubbers and where they sit in the spectrum from Chinese Tacky to Grippy bouncy ESN/spring sponge rubbers. (Or may not, as it’s a personal opinion!!!)