Yasaka Rakza Z and Rakza Z Extra Hard rubbers

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Can someone compare the rakza z to the nittaku pk 50 Sieger?
I have to chose between for testing

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
i READ from one of the best revspin reviewer that Sieger is better but second best reviewer wrote me that Z normal is top 3
I would go with the one which has more speed. I will try one of them on a Boll Alc but still don't know which one.

Yogi, the reviews here are very different than yours in regards to speed. I was just about to go ahead and buy a sheet in 2.0 thickness, but if these reviews are to be believed then it seems that might be too slow. Using Long 5X blade.

https://tabletennis-reference.com/rubber/detail/723

Lol, i would never ever call Rakza Z regular slow. To call it slow is very inaccurate.also, i already state that it is not blazingly fast but it is fast especially with the extra hard due to the hard sponge. Unlike other people, i did give references for speed so that you can compare.

Last edited:
says [IMG]
Giving a rubber a certain speed-label depends on your reference. Many reviews lack vital additional information to make the review actually useful.

I'm currently testing both Vega X (1.8mm) and Rakza Z (2mm)on a Hugo SAL. Only played approx. 5hrs so far, so still not enough playtime for a proper review.

Compared to Rakza 7 (also 2mm) the Z is significantly faster. Even on the SAL, the Z provides more speed then I'm used to and prefer. I surely wouldn't put the Z on the my Freitas (which I barely use tbh), as for me, the speed would be way too much.

Compared with some other rubbers I used to play, Rakza Z is faster then Vega X Vega Tour, EL-S, FastArc G1, Rakza 7, Rakza X Soft, Mantra M, Acuda P2.
(all in 2.0-2.1mm except for Vega X (1.8mm))

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2020
I've also seen a review saying that it's way slower than both Rakza 7 and Rakza 7 soft, lol, so I can't be certain unless I drop about $50 to try it myself. I'm considering using it to replace my H3 National, so I'd imagine it's at least faster than that anyways. Power at forehand I consider very important. Thanks for your reviews, either way.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2016
yasaka rubber.jpg
According to the catalogue Rakza Z is the slowest from the Rakza series excluding the soft versions. I wonder how the manufacturer tests the speed of rubbers, do simply test the bounce (in which case the Rakza z would be slow because of the stickiness) or do they use appropriate strokes for each rubbers to show the maximum speed.
Can someone tell me how the spin sensitivity compares particularly to Omega 7 China and if possible to Genesis M or T64.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2020
I went ahead and bought a sheet of Rakza Z 2.0. Your assessments are good, it is still fast, with good touch. In some ways it feels almost the same as H3 Nat in play, it's a bit bouncier in some instances though. Only one session in, not sure which is overall easier to play with on forehand, it's close.

I can't really answer about spin sensitivity yet except to say it's probably not a big issue with this rubber, and blocking with it felt a bit different than what I'm used to, but easy. It didn't throw the ball up with much bounce vs an average speed topspin shot. And that's on backhand. On forehand I didn't think about sensitivity at all, just felt like H3.

Side note, Omega 7 Pro is too bouncy on backhand, it's kinda annoying actually, on Off+blade. 07 Hyper is actually much easier to control on pushes/touches. Might just play Razka Z both sides.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2019
Does the Extra Hard Version still allow to emergency loop the ball on the table when out of position or slightly late? With Joola Golden Tango PS (50 deg hardness) this was still possible.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2020
Yeah after hitting with this more I don't really see any reason to use H3 over this for forehand. It is basically just a better version of H3 Nat, better control, generally faster, but you have to hit a Chinese type stroke still, at least on an off+ blade.
Had someone else try my setup but he was struggling because this isn't good for flat hitting or even somewhat open racket hitting unless you have a slow blade. My search for the perfect forehand rubber is over.

Some might consider it perfect for backhand...

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Hi Michael

I have used provincial H3 and TG2 for a long time. As ages catches on me I have been looking for an alternative that is easier on my back. I have tried a number of rubbers including K1, K1 plus, Golden tango and R53. I like K1 and K1 plus but their spin is inferior to H3. Golden tango is extremely fast with a long trajectory. My favourite so far is Andro R53. It's half tacky but due to the pimple structure is produces insane spin comparable to H3. The feel and control is superb.

I just wonder if you have played R53? Or can you comment on the feel of Rakza Z?

Yeah after hitting with this more I don't really see any reason to use H3 over this for forehand. It is basically just a better version of H3 Nat, better control, generally faster, but you have to hit a Chinese type stroke still, at least on an off+ blade.
Had someone else try my setup but he was struggling because this isn't good for flat hitting or even somewhat open racket hitting unless you have a slow blade. My search for the perfect forehand rubber is over.

Some might consider it perfect for backhand...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
Does the Extra Hard Version still allow to emergency loop the ball on the table when out of position or slightly late? With Joola Golden Tango PS (50 deg hardness) this was still possible.

As a general rule, this is more difficult with harder rubbers, and tacky rubbers.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2020
Hi Michael

I have used provincial H3 and TG2 for a long time.

I just wonder if you have played R53? Or can you comment on the feel of Rakza Z?

I have not tried R53.

Rakza Z feels like a bit livelier version of H3 provincial/Nat. If you do a bounce test, before play, it has a very similar dead feel that kills the bounce.

Spin seems very comparable, control is remarkable. On drives it has more catapult with less effort than H3, while at the same time providing more forgiveness. It will send the ball flying off the table more readily than H3 due to this though, so you have to close bat angle more on softer hitting forehands than with H3.

Looping underspin you can get a very low arch slightly easier than with H3.

I'm still finding H3 a bit easier to use on backhand than Rakza Z though for some reason, probably just because my backhand needs more time to adapt than forehand.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I have not tried R53.

Rakza Z feels like a bit livelier version of H3 provincial/Nat. If you do a bounce test, before play, it has a very similar dead feel that kills the bounce.

Spin seems very comparable, control is remarkable. On drives it has more catapult with less effort than H3, while at the same time providing more forgiveness. It will send the ball flying off the table more readily than H3 due to this though, so you have to close bat angle more on softer hitting forehands than with H3.

Looping underspin you can get a very low arch slightly easier than with H3.

I'm still finding H3 a bit easier to use on backhand than Rakza Z though for some reason, probably just because my backhand needs more time to adapt than forehand.

What hardness of H3 are you using for your BH?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2020
I posted a comparison of Rakza Z and 09c on the "Dignics 09c Review" thread, some of you may be interested. I sure would have been interested to read it before I got Rakza Z! Haha.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2020
Yeah that's interesting, ant, since I use Long 5x as well. Based on your review I would prefer Rakza Z over 09c. Throw angle vs H3 is favorable, since you can make it barely clear the net regardless but that extra level of safety is nice.

Using 39 degree orange H3 Nat on backhand currently but will probably switch to Rakza Z max once I get more comfortable with it on that side.