Yasaka Rakza Z and Rakza Z Extra Hard rubbers

What you're saying, actually proves my point:
For the average club player Rakza Z EH might feel the same or even spinier than H3 (while it's obvious that H3 is way spinier), because they don't have the appropriate technique and body mechanics
But if you ask a pro player to test, he will definitely tell you that H3 is way spinier

You still do not get my point. You said that it is not as spinny as advertised. I refuted your claim by saying tha good players in my club who use h3 can also produce the same level of spin especially with eh version. That alone refutes your claim. Also, sure a pro will tell you h3 is spinnier and your point is? Spin is not everything, otherwise non-cnt members are using h3 rubbers too. Also, not all players have pro level so the maximum potential in using a rubber is pointless sincw non-pro players are more numerous than pro or elite players.

Last edited:
There are lots of players who want very spinny balls but do not want to place as much effort as when using h3. This is the reason there are other rubbers that can be a spinny but a bit faster and much easier to use. A lot of european rubbers are not as vicious as H3 overall especially on spin but can be better for other users due to being more user friendly. Also, the pro's h3 are different especially with the factory tuners being used so it is also point if we will compare what pros use.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 1 reviews
You still do not get my point. You said that it is not as spinny as advertised. I refuted your claim by saying tha good players in my club who use h3 can also produce the same level of spin especially with eh version. That alone refutes your claim. Also, sure a pro will tell you h3 is spinnier and your point is? Spin is not everything, otherwise non-cnt members are using h3 rubbers too. Also, not all players have pro level so the maximum potential in using a rubber is pointless sincw non-pro players are more numerous than pro or elite players.

I don't think that your statements refute mine or my statements refute yours.
In my club there are players who play in the Greek Pro A2 league and at the National 1 in France.
Actually one of them uses Fukuhara blade as well (the blade I use) So I gave them my racket to tell me an opinion about Rakza Z.
They both concluded that is not something extraordinary in terms of spin. Does that refute your claims or your club players? Of course not
When it comes to table tennis equipment, different players have different perceptions and different opinions. Otherwise we all would use the same gear.

Arkady you act tough but it proves my point too. People who talks too much about spin they are the same that didnt even reach the top level...
What do you mean "act tough"? I'm just stating my opinion and my experience. You can either take it or leave it. As simple as that.
Surerly I'm not a "top level" player, but I'm well above your average recreational player.

There are lots of players who want very spinny balls but do not want to place as much effort as when using h3. This is the reason there are other rubbers that can be a spinny but a bit faster and much easier to use. A lot of european rubbers are not as vicious as H3 overall especially on spin but can be better for other users due to being more user friendly. Also, the pro's h3 are different especially with the factory tuners being used so it is also point if we will compare what pros use.

Agree 100% on that. H3 is not a rubber for just anybody as very few can utilize it. European rubbers are more suited for the vast majority of players because they are faster.

Last edited:
less tackiness=less hold= less body work= more speed= the same rotation.

Frankly, rotation just cannot be the same in such case, unless one would, perhaps, have only certain lower-impact strokes on mind.

If H8 is the rubber in question, then I assume it has began to perform in a similar way as my old Jupiter 2 that lost its tackiness almost completely but somehow worked extremely well as an Euro/Japanese looping style rubber, with surprisingly high amount of spin and control. However, when it was still pretty tacky, successful Chinese loops with it would bear definitely more spin.

Last edited:
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Frankly, rotation just cannot be the same in such case, unless one would, perhaps, have only certain lower-impact strokes on mind.

If H8 is the rubber in question, then I assume it has began to perform in a similar way as my old Jupiter 2 that lost its tackiness almost completely but somehow worked extremely well as an Euro/Japanese looping style rubber, with surprisingly high amount of spin and control. However, when it was still pretty tacky, successful Chinese loops with it would bear definitely more spin.

What I found was that the playing / training partners I play with, started to make comments like ‘really struggling to block these loops’ ‘ loads of spin’ this started to happen 3 - 4 weeks after I started to use the rubber, after the tack had worn off compared to new. I think the shots were faster with the same or maybe slightly more spin. Loops were low over the net with rapid dip at the end and loads of kick. Typical Chinese shape ball flight (although my technique isn’t, far from it !!!) this is another factor why they were having fun returning the loops!!!
The main thing is to regularly ask regular playing partners how your shots are performing, spin / speed etc as they are receiving the balls and are better positioned to know if the rubber is performing better / worse as time goes on.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
I've tried Golden Tango PS now, and it seems like a good upgrade from cj8000. Similar feel, throw angle and spin. Significantly more bounce when hitting harder. But that's what I expected.
Though it seems slightly more dificult to lift underspin. Not sure though.
If Rakza is Z is better at that, then what would I loose? What's GTPS better at?

Sendt fra min SM-A202F med Tapatalk

I've tried Golden Tango PS now, and it seems like a good upgrade from cj8000. Similar feel, throw angle and spin. Significantly more bounce when hitting harder. But that's what I expected.
Though it seems slightly more dificult to lift underspin. Not sure though.
If Rakza is Z is better at that, then what would I loose? What's GTPS better at?

Sendt fra min SM-A202F med Tapatalk

There is a certain feel that I like with the Z series especially with the extra hard version that i cannot describe compared to the golden tango.

says Where will table tennis be in the future? And what ideas...
says Where will table tennis be in the future? And what ideas...
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
intersting stuff yogi thanks for the review! will hopefully be able to try rakza z soon, i definitely think the rakza series is a good option, i have used rakza 7, 9 and x and like them all, all offering something different

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
intersting stuff yogi thanks for the review! will hopefully be able to try rakza z soon, i definitely think the rakza series is a good option, i have used rakza 7, 9 and x and like them all, all offering something different

I like the X version more as a bh rubber.

Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Having now tried Rakza Z, GT, GTPS, (un-boosted), various H3 N’s, various Battle 2’s (boosted & un-boosted) D09C, H8 (un-boosted).
personally, I think that Rakza Z feels the best, (so far!!) it has good tackiness, good speed, not too much catapult effect and great spin.
boosted Chinese rubbers feel better than their un-boosted brothers, but Rakza Z still felt better, for my preference.
GT is less bouncy than the GTPS version, but I liked the GT over the PS version, the feel of the additional catapult from the PS just didn’t feel right for me.
So GT, D09C & Rakza Z are classed as ‘Hybrid’ rubbers, again for myself the Rakza Z feels better!!
When I 1st tried D09C, I really liked it, (in fact I like and can play with all the rubbers above!!) but it wasn’t what I had hoped it might be!! Personal expectations!!! Ha!!
Rakza Z is sort of what I was hoping D09C would be like!!! But was still a surprise, but a nice surprise!!

If stranded with a table, robot, balls etc and a choice of 2 rubbers ???

Tacky type rubbers - I’d choose Rakza Z ( must try the Extra Hard version!! Bluegrip C1/C2, omega China Ying/Guang)
grippy type rubbers - R48

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Read 19 reviews
Having now tried Rakza Z, GT, GTPS, (un-boosted), various H3 N’s, various Battle 2’s (boosted & un-boosted) D09C, H8 (un-boosted).
personally, I think that Rakza Z feels the best, (so far!!) it has good tackiness, good speed, not too much catapult effect and great spin.
boosted Chinese rubbers feel better than their un-boosted brothers, but Rakza Z still felt better, for my preference.
GT is less bouncy than the GTPS version, but I liked the GT over the PS version, the feel of the additional catapult from the PS just didn’t feel right for me.
So GT, D09C & Rakza Z are classed as ‘Hybrid’ rubbers, again for myself the Rakza Z feels better!!
When I 1st tried D09C, I really liked it, (in fact I like and can play with all the rubbers above!!) but it wasn’t what I had hoped it might be!! Personal expectations!!! Ha!!
Rakza Z is sort of what I was hoping D09C would be like!!! But was still a surprise, but a nice surprise!!

If stranded with a table, robot, balls etc and a choice of 2 rubbers ???

Tacky type rubbers - I’d choose Rakza Z ( must try the Extra Hard version!! Bluegrip C1/C2, omega China Ying/Guang)
grippy type rubbers - R48

Rakza Z over 09C?

What boost did you use?

Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews

Rakza Z over 09C?

What boost did you use?

When I’ve boosted H3Neo and Battle 2 (Chinese rubbers only) etc I have used Falco Long Term, and Seamoon. Both are good, maybe Seamoon has stronger results but you have to boost more often.

Personally I prefer Rakza Z over D09C, not necessarily because it’s a better rubber, I just like it more than I like D09C, I find Rakza Z easier to use.
Additionally, for the money you pay out, does paying almost twice as much for a sheet of D09C give you twice the performance?? No way.

If you swapped the names over on the sheets, then would I pay €80 for a sheet of Butterfly Rakza Z ?

Probably, because I like how Rakza Z plays and feels!! Would I get twice the performance?? No way!!
Mind you I paid out for D09C because I had to try it out!!!!

for many, price point is very important, based on price alone my view is D09C would score 6/10,
Rakza Z 9.5/10
if you swapped price points, then you could swap the above scores as well !!!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
When I’ve boosted H3Neo and Battle 2 (Chinese rubbers only) etc I have used Falco Long Term, and Seamoon. Both are good, maybe Seamoon has stronger results but you have to boost more often.

Personally I prefer Rakza Z over D09C, not necessarily because it’s a better rubber, I just like it more than I like D09C, I find Rakza Z easier to use.
Additionally, for the money you pay out, does paying almost twice as much for a sheet of D09C give you twice the performance?? No way.

If you swapped the names over on the sheets, then would I pay €80 for a sheet of Butterfly Rakza Z ?

Probably, because I like how Rakza Z plays and feels!! Would I get twice the performance?? No way!!
Mind you I paid out for D09C because I had to try it out!!!!

for many, price point is very important, based on price alone my view is D09C would score 6/10,
Rakza Z 9.5/10
if you swapped price points, then you could swap the above scores as well !!!!

Non EH Z is much softer than D09C though. I wonder if you will like the EH version.

Reactions: IB66
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews

Non EH Z is much softer than D09C though. I wonder if you will like the EH version.

Not sure!! I’ll end up giving it a go one day!! If EH Z is softer then it may well suit the sort of feel I like, Yogi reckons it a couple of notches faster than the std Z, this could be the attribute that may not suit me as well!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
Not sure!! I’ll end up giving it a go one day!! If EH Z is softer then it may well suit the sort of feel I like, Yogi reckons it a couple of notches faster than the std Z, this could be the attribute that may not suit me as well!!

what I meant is that the normal Z (non EH) is softer than D09C. The extra H is much closer to D09C.

EDIT 09C should be close to Vega China or Yasaka Extra Hard Z. There is this chart, created by haggisv https://tabletennis-reviews.com/reference/sponge-hardness-table/. Closest rubber from butterfly measured is T05H which butterfly claims to be 43 degrees of whatever they use, which clocks at 56 degrees of haggisv durometer. Vega China Scores 59 and it is suppose to be very close to Rakza Z EH.

Last edited:
Reactions: IB66