How heavy is FZD paddle?

I do not know how heavy his racket is but I think achieving that amount of speed with minimal movement primarily comes down to technique and equipment. In his backhand he generates a lot of racket speed with his wrists that is why despite having a compact stroke the ball is still very fast. Their equipment is also very fast and I would assume they are heavy. The blade they have is probably about 90+grams

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
He just is very explosive and thus can generate a lot of power with a short swing. His BH swing is rather short but still powerful while on the forehand he can take big swings but also hit hard with a shorter swing.

That is because he has explosive power. Generally a longer swing generates more speed but if you are explosive and strong enough you can generate power in a short swing too.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2019
Professionals in any sport can make things look 'easy' or 'effortless' just due to years of training, muscle memory and timing.

I think for table tennis 'ball striking' ability sometimes can get lost in the discussion when the focus is on the full FH or BH swing. For me 'ball striking' is the milliseconds before you strike the ball->to actually striking the ball->to just after you strike the ball. Even with a smaller swing path (on the FZD BH) if you can focus your acceleration and power/brush onto 'ball striking'...rather than just swinging...you can have a very efficient stroke.

But on that FH side...FZD has a very long stroke (when he has the time) bringing his paddle behind his leg (with a straight arm) and keeping a pretty straight arm right before contact. His forearm snap as he is brushing makes his stroke look more compact than it is.

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
He's talked about the weight he prefers and it's surprisingly not all that heavy. Not sure if that's what he truly uses though.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2020
This is an interesting syllogism

Observation Nr 1: World Nr 1 gets more power than I do.
Observation Nr 2: It seems like his stroke is about the same as mine.

Conclusion: It must be something to do with the weight of his paddle. :p

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
This is an interesting syllogism

Observation Nr 1: World Nr 1 gets more power than I do.
Observation Nr 2: It seems like his stroke is about the same as mine.

Conclusion: It must be something to do with the weight of his paddle. :p

Yeah, why would anyone consider: "maybe his mechanics are better than mine." :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 3 reviews
When I play against the players 300-400 TTR above me, I feel the spin quality difference. I am amazed at how much whipping skill and feeling they have.

As OP thinks, I also sometimes think that their equipment must be fully boosted in order to generate that much power and spin with short strokes. Then I think rationally ;

My topspin = 1
A better player's topspin = 1+1
PRO topspin = 1 + (n-1)
Best player in the world = 1+n

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk