Dignics 05 vs Andro rasanter R53

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Hi,

Can Anybody please make detailed comparisons between these two rubbers regarding speed,spin, arc,control and durability. I would really appreciate it.

Thanks.

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
I'm not a very high level player. I have played R53 for an extensive time, and have had a few tryout sessions with D05.

Speed: Both have a very high top-end speed. D05 is much more lively in the short game, where R53 is relatively subdued (which I like). When fully engaged, I think the R53 rockets come off slightly faster than the D05 ones.

Spin: Monster spin production starts a little earlier on with D05, but as stroke intensity increases R53 catches up and takes over at the top end. My serves were about equal, my D05 pushes (if I managed to keep them on the table) could be spinnier (but also popped up every now and then), my counterspins with R53 had a little more quality to them (I think).

Arc: D05 has a higher arc, a stronger "dip down" at the end of the curve, than R53 does - at moderate impact loops. At higher impact, both bend the curve tremendously (look at any Gauzy clip).

Control: I had trouble in the short game with D05, and also felt more comfortable in blocks and flat hits/smashes with R53. Lifting backspin is relatively easy with both, maybe slighty more so with D05.

Durability: My R53 still felt new or near-new after a few months play - until I ripped it grazing the table edge. It'll be fine, I guess, for a long time as long as you keep it intact. I haven't played long enough with D05 to notice any degradation, word on the street is that it lasts better than T05, which isn't the worst of all in terms of durability already.

Take this with a grain of salt. A lot of these things have to do with personal feeling and preference, and are very level-relative. That being said, I probably will glue on R53 again once my current Vega X sheet wears out.

Last edited:
says Not for sale, I liked it actually
says Not for sale, I liked it actually
May 2018
I'm a high level player at around 2150~2200usatt. I've used d05 for 6 months on both FH and BH , never used R53 but i can give you some insight.

Pros:
- Insane durability. It plays like new after 6 month of used. Only time I feel something weird is when i was playing in a humid env and i "felt" the ball slips. That said if you are not in a humid area that won't matter.
- Very very strong opening to the point of deceptive. It's easy to open and it packs a huge punch in spin. My opponent thought my shots not much spin base on my stroke all the time.
- Great close to the table counter rubber.
- If you want to play away from the table you will need to boost it, like 3 layers of falco tempo long.

Cons:
- Terrible short game rubber. That don't matter much if it's on your BH because u got a choice to bananna flick. But for FH, there's terrible.
- Spin tops out at top gear. After a certain point no matter how much spin and power u put in your stroke the output seems to be the same.
- Serves. It's spinny but its hard to keep it low.
- smash. D05 just grips the ball no matter how u touch the ball so even if you are smashing it will grip the ball for some seconds and the trajectory is unpredictable.

Summary: All in all dont' 'play d05 on fh. D05 is a great BH rubber.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Thanks a lot guys for your comparisons. Very helpful. Will keep R53 on fh and switch to d05 on backhand