Europeans Actually More Talented in Table Tennis

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
Really interesting thread.

I guess I would point to the old saying "Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work."

Or perhaps a better comment is that having a systematic approach to producing players (China) is better than relying on having the most talented players.

Having talented players is not unique to any training system or country. They exist in equal distributions, and the systematic approach simply reveals them.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Read 2 reviews
Jon Persson from Sweden splits time as both a national team table tennis player and professional league football player.

sorry but that is not true, there is a footballer with that name but it’s a different person.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
sorry but that is not true, there is a footballer with that name but it’s a different person.

It is not a super high football league, but he does play. Also slightly besides the point because that was mentioned primarily to demonstrate that outside of China, players have other sports they pursue and an element of choice in what sport they want to play. That doesn't happen in the Chinese competitive system.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
Jon Persson doesn't play competitive football judging by google results. It would be quite hard to squeeze that into his training regime, playing for our national TT team and commuting to France to play pro TT.

The other Jon Persson is a football commentator nowadays. I think he quite playing 5-10 years ago.